Homebrew RetroArch 3DS: Full speed PS1 now possible with PCSX ReARMed w/ Unai renderer!

kkusagami

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
wow ,thank you so much ,digimon world 2003 used to run at 30-40 fps ,and now 60-80 fps ,very nice.
Edit : but still has glitchy gameplay background ,or stuttering background.

Last edited by kkusagami,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am actually pretty excited about this update and will most likely buy a new 256GB microSD card just so I can throw on a few PS1 games to test them out. I can only see this getting more stable and more finetuned as time goes on.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I give up... Any file extension I try and run on the core just crashes my 2DS. If there is a known good method or some type of configuration, i'll try it.
I'm using the .cia installation plus I've added the .cia in the cores folder of my retroarch folder on my sd. The arm11 crashes are a pain in the ass, but I believe there's a way to avoid it or reduce them. You could also try to format your card, as long as you backup your files etc..

Doczu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Got 60 fps in Parasite Eve 1.

.pbp file, didn't play with the settings, just installed the cia and tried to run it.

Oh god yes, now i can retire my PSP, as PE was the only game that made me use it from time to time.

D

Deleted-481927

do i NEED the bios for any increased fps? or can i just stick w hle

also crash bandicoot is stable af but not full speed like it was

more playable

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beefier than PS1?
Not sure. There was some proof of it running, but very very sluggish and audio glitches. If I had to guess, it might be like this very topic. It starts off with a proof of concept, and then turns into a full fledged emulator that runs all N64 games. We never know.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Not sure. There was some proof of it running, but very very sluggish and audio glitches. If I had to guess, it might be like this very topic. It starts off with a proof of concept, and then turns into a full fledged emulator that runs all N64 games. We never know.

Yes, quite beefier, but that's not even the biggest problem about emulating N64 games. N64 emulation in itself is very troublesome. You can't get full speed with many games even on PC. Even in 2019.
Huh. Today I learned.

Reactions: fyredragon

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
When people are mentioning a .cia, is there by any chance a standalone PCSX Rearmed cia built with the new renderer? I only want PSOne emulation and find installing all of Retroarch a bit bloated. Plus I'm a bit of a newb in this department.

In any case, anyone got a link to this .cia?

Doczu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When people are mentioning a .cia, is there by any chance a standalone PCSX Rearmed cia built with the new renderer? I only want PSOne emulation and find installing all of Retroarch a bit bloated. Plus I'm a bit of a newb in this department.

In any case, anyone got a link to this .cia?
You can just install the psx core from the cores folder. No need to install the rest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: