Retarded DSi functionality....

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could of put this in the NDS sections but this is a RANT so put it here!

Ok so just got a DSi (yes call me foolish but I like gadgets etc)

Its good but its totally NINTENDO FLAWED! .....

Why?! ....... read on ....

Yay it has a camera.. 2 actually.. albeit low res ones ... cool addition kinda ....

I Can use an SD card cool UBER STORAGE 4gb card gives 3000 images probably more!?

I Can use photo frames that you can exchange with friends ...cool erm ...NOT this is where the rant starts

You can share frames with other people ..... yet everyone will have the same frames ..Oh wait .. you can make your own cool .... but..

Only on the damn DSi ... Found out at this point you CANNOT UPLOAD YOUR OWN USER MADE FRAMES to the DSi ..... then this is where the sh1ter comes in ... YOU CANNOT EVEN UPLOAD YOUR OWN PHOTOS AND IMAGES VIA THE SD CARD ie Import your own pictures from the computer etc to the DSi
frown.gif

WTF Nintendo!? FAIL!!!!

Tried various methods of resizing images changing the Dpi etc etc to exactly the same specs as one taken with the camera ..result does not even recognize it ... so I googled it and found out YOU CAN'T! .... HOW DAMN RETARDED IS THAT!!

WTF ..... do they think we are going to do distribute PR0N via our DS consoles !? ... Oh wait we still can ... by using the damn CAMERA! (not that I'm encouraging you to take naked pictures of each other with these things) but the ridiculousness of this is again TOTALLY RETARDED .. Although nothing to stop anyone taking photos of pictures on your Monitor that you are currently looking at or of magazine content etc DUH!

WTF ...no ability to record video clips with the DSi either ... damn even a cheap ass (£10/$16) mobile phone with a camera can take crappy 15fps video clips and it cannot even play any video formats either!!!

Oh ....wait for it yet another WTF ... NO DAMN MP3!!!!!!!!!!

Just crappy AAC instead!!!

EPIC FAIL NINTENDO!!!!
what the hell were you thinking? AAC? are they in cahoots with Itunes do they get a discount for Ninty staff on Itune download sh1t!?

I wanna use my own tracks either ripped off cd or acquired by other means! (yeah everyone has them and some people even bought them!) ....MP3 is a regular recognised and probably most widely used format now!..A lot of web stores are offering this format legally as paid content!

Sure I can use Moonshell for MP3 etc but then you cannot use it/them with the 'play with your music' function again NINTY you FAIL!

Oh and noted that they left PICTO CHAT in ......Why!? ....who the hell uses it anyhow? ....Its pretty much useless unless you have half a dozen people round you within 30 feet with DS consoles also using Pictochat which defeats the damn object you can just talk to them they are 30 feet away from you geeze!!!

No slot 2 well yeah GBA format is dead and gone ...but what about addon hardware peripherals like the damn Guitar grip and the slider thingy and other misc hardware (not counting slot 2 cards here) I mean other slot 2 hardware that comes with games or used with games yeah I know its just a couple but owners of GH with a DSlite/Phat now have to ditch that game totally (flash card hacked version not applicable here)

So any redeeming features for the DSi ... well maby 1 or 2 ..

It can use stronger other than WEP encryption for Wifi yay! ... Oh crap wait there are 3 other ds consoles in this household that can only use WEP doh!

Bigger screens .... not much but noticeable!

Loads of cool new functions (mainly camera based)

Proper battery level indicator on the screen

some other stuff probably!

anyway .....

/RANT OFF

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the pictures .... something tells me they learned something from the psp.
ohmy.gif
I think someone here said that you can take a picture and use it's frame and replace the inside picture or something (not sure)
Maybe we'll hack the camera to record
tongue.gif

I don't mind the .aac
tongue.gif

Pictochat is useless.
frown.gif

IMO I don't care about the lost of the slot 2 (I don't like GH at all)

Just my thoughts about the points of your rant. Anyways all these flaws makes me want to say they are trying to make an iPod Touch x DS = DSi somewhat .....

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
I agree with the pictures .... something tells me they learned something from the psp.
ohmy.gif

What did they learn PSP can use your own pictures and in multiple formats and transferable by stick or wifi although has no camera without an addon!

re: GH grip yeah not a biggie for me although I do have a clone grip that I got for my lite suppose kids can have it now but it was a general rant that they CUT OFF those that bought a real one and actually like the game enough to of bought the sequels! (some people buy games remember lol!

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Everyone knows the DSi is a piece of shit, and you were stupid to buy one.

Dont cry to me about it.

End of.

I didn't buy I traded some stuff in for it
nyanya.gif

Those that know me here will know I collect consoles and computers etc ...this is one I didn't have until now!

I'm not crying to anyone in particular! ...... I'm just having a generalized rant about it on here
nyanya.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSi is really crap...only until a proper exploit comes and you can actually start messing around with it i will make my move on it. Right now, its just pointless.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They used AAC instead of MP3 because they would have had to pay royalty fees to use MP3. That's why Microsoft created WMA (no royalty fees), and why formats like AAC and OGG even exist. No royalties.

/logic

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look up some fuckin nfo if you want to make a purchase.

I love my teal ds and to be honest... dont tell anyone... i have a flash card for good quality photos with a thing called Moonshell2.

It can watch movies, play music in many formats ect.

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man18 said:
i have a flash card for good quality photos with a thing called Moonshell2.

It can watch movies, play music in many formats ect.

as above I traded in for the DSi and YES I KNOW about moonshell2 etc I also have an Iplayer for movies in ALL formats
smile.gif

and as above was just having a rant!

I suppose if I had paid cash I would of been more annoyed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-