Hacking Restoring Box Art in Aurora after move to new internal HDD.

mugwort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My RGH Xbox 360 320 GB hard drive became stuffed with games, so I am updating it to a 2TB internal. It's mostly okay, although another learn by the seat of my pants experience. I'm loading all the games from old hard drive to PC with microsoft transfer cable and FATXplorer. Then by ethernet cable to XBox 360 RGH with XBox 360 Neighborhood.

The problem I have now is that some 500 games no longer have any of their artwork in Aurora. The artwork files are all still in the HDD1/Apps/Aurora/data/gamedata directory, but no idea how to connect them with the artless games on the Aurora dashboard. I tried using Asset download in Aurora and creating a pathway to the art in Content Pathway Screen, but it doesn't do anything. Even if I select a game and choose details, I don't see any artwork available in the details popup in box art download. Maybe I have to be online again for that.

Anyhow, is there some way to download all this missing box art from the Apps/Aurora/data/gamedata directory to show up on the Aurora dashboard with one or two actions (not manually 1 by 1 for all 500 games). Thanks.

UPDATE: I figured this out. Even though files were in Aurora, I ended up just going back online and after looking around, I added the AuroraPatcher and set livestrong to disabled and was able to download them all, except for one that seems to have been corrupted in the move to the new HDD or something.

Last edited by mugwort,

leathan7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so you managed to get your old custom box arts restored? What is Aurora patcher?

edit: I made a script to do it for me using a backup copy of the GameData folder (must be named GameData.bak), it scans the new GameData (must be named GameData). The script and both GameData folders must be in the same directory. And to run the script on windows you need Windows Subsystem for Linux or another means of runing bash scripts.

Code:
set -o errexit -o nounset

#The idea is simple, the format Aurora uses is #GameID_DatabaseID where the GameID stays the same and the DatabaseID changes, so we check only the first 8 chars of the backup and the new and if they match we copy over the backups cover file to the new gamedata.

for file in GameData.bak/*; do
    for file2 in GameData/*; do
        if [ "${file2:9:8}" == "00000000" ]; then
            continue
        fi
        if [ "${file2:9:2}" == "FF" ]; then
            continue
        fi
         if [ "${file2:9:8}" == "${file:13:8}" ]; then
            if test -f "${file}/GC${file:13:8}.asset"; then
                echo "cp ${file}/GC${file:13:8}.asset" "${file2}"
                    cp "${file}/GC${file:13:8}.asset" "${file2}"
            fi
        fi
    done
done
read -rsp $'Done! Press enter to close...\n'

Last edited by leathan7,

mugwort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so you managed to get your old custom box arts restored? What is Aurora patcher?

edit: I made a script to do it for me using a backup copy of the GameData folder (must be named GameData.bak), it scans the new GameData (must be named GameData). The script and both GameData folders must be in the same directory. And to run the script on windows you need Windows Subsystem for Linux or another means of runing bash scripts.

Code:
set -o errexit -o nounset

#The idea is simple, the format Aurora uses is #GameID_DatabaseID where the GameID stays the same and the DatabaseID changes, so we check only the first 8 chars of the backup and the new and if they match we copy over the backups cover file to the new gamedata.

for file in GameData.bak/*; do
    for file2 in GameData/*; do
        if [ "${file2:9:8}" == "00000000" ]; then
            continue
        fi
        if [ "${file2:9:2}" == "FF" ]; then
            continue
        fi
         if [ "${file2:9:8}" == "${file:13:8}" ]; then
            if test -f "${file}/GC${file:13:8}.asset"; then
                echo "cp ${file}/GC${file:13:8}.asset" "${file2}"
                    cp "${file}/GC${file:13:8}.asset" "${file2}"
            fi
        fi
    done
done
read -rsp $'Done! Press enter to close...\n'
Thanks. It is actually called "AuroraCrashPatcher.xex". You set it as a plugin in dashlauncher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1