Hacking Restore Wii Shop Channel from Wii U transfer?

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm thinking it's time to return my Wii U (have until Jan 24th) as I just can't see the need for it right now and money is a bit tight. Unfortunately one of the first things I did when I got it was transfer my Wii Shop purchases from the Wii over to the Wii U with about $380 worth of purchases to it. I honestly didn't see having any need to return the system but it is what it is. I called Nintendo and after a lengthy discussion with a Supervisor, she basically said either keep it or lose all my purchases... :(

My Wii still has all the games from the Wii Shop as I did a restore from my NAND which still allows them all to be accessed and played. The limitation though is that if I go into the shop channel at all, it makes them all no longer work (so I can't purchase anything new now) and I have to restore the NAND again. Also, if I ever buy a Wii U in the future again, I won't be able to transfer them back once again. I'm afraid this Wii will eventually break one day and I'd hate to lose access to them for a future transfer.

I know this is all my fault and I'm only asking to see if there's a method to restore the Wii Shop account so it doesn't show all the games as 'transferred to Wii U'. Probably not, but wanted to ask regardless...

If nothing can be done, is there a method out there to basically do a full system backup or clone so that everything I have is copied so I could buy another Wii and restore everything onto it and have basically a clone of this?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I called Nintendo and after a lengthy discussion with a Supervisor, she basically said either keep it or lose all my purchases... :(

He said thats what they said.

I dont think you have any option , sadly unless you keep the wiiu

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I might sound like a ignorant, but ...
Purchases are bounded to account or physical Wii?
On X360 all You need is to login on new console with Your live account and You are all set.

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might sound like a ignorant, but ...
Purchases are bounded to account or physical Wii?
On X360 all You need is to login on new console with Your live account and You are all set.
They have a really weird way of basically tying the purchases to the machine instead of an actual account. With the Wii U they're apparently correcting this glaring mistake so yeah, it's not as easy as it is on the 360.

I didn't think there was any option. I reinstalled the latest Wii Shop Channel and obviously it's connecting to some remote server and pulling down data which shows my Wii is no longer eligible for any of the now transferred games. I might look into just selling it outright via Craigslist with all the games listed or something but still not the best option. If I'm lucky I'll get the $375 or so I'd get back returning it to the store as these are easy to find now in stores it seems.

Kadin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, you know, resort to uh, other methods.
Yeah I just wanted to still have access to my purchases for future transfer, etc. I can't believe I never even thought about this being even a possibility since there was really no need to transfer the games in the beginning.

Another lesson learned from making a decision without thinking things through. lol

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah I just wanted to still have access to my purchases for future transfer, etc. I can't believe I never even thought about this being even a possibility since there was really no need to transfer the games in the beginning.

Another lesson learned from making a decision without thinking things through. lol
Main problem is that You gave money to company which doesn't respect customers.
Vote with money... always.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also