Resident Evil 4 fanmade full remaster mod pack announced for February 2022

RELEASE-PROMO6-scaled.jpg

If you've been looking to revisit the 2005 classic Resident Evil 4, now seems to be the time. A VR remake launched just over a month ago, and earlier this week one of the voice actors possibly leaked another, more traditional remake coming. Now, a fan project, seven years in the making, looking to fully remaster the game has announced it will launch on February 2, 2022. The resident evil 4 HD Project will remaster the entire game by "taking each texture, scaling it up to 8-16 times the original resolution (in most cases) and redrawing / remaking from there." It will also recreate most models, lighting, effects, and fix some texture mapping and 3D modeling errors. One of the creators on the project even visited some of the locations Capcom used to get textures for the original game and photographed them at much higher resolutions.

More information can be found on the website's FAQ.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
rised they haven't received a cease and desist letter yet.

It's an HD pack. I've been following this project for years now.

How can they get C&D by Capcom for an HD texture pack?

All the assets/textures have been taken from real-life locations in Spain that were used for the actual development of the game back in the original 2005 release. And others were taken from real objects.

This isn't a remake or a fangame, it's just an HD pack, a highly detailed and one with a surprising amount of effort and research that rarely any other HD pack does.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All the assets/textures have been taken from real-life locations in Spain that were used for the actual development of the game back in the original 2005 release. And others were taken from real objects.

This isn't a remake or a fangame, it's just an HD pack, a highly detailed and one with a surprising amount of effort and research that rarely any other HD pack does.
That's probably better than the official remake.

Reactions: TSP184 and yoyoyo69

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surprised they haven't received a cease and desist letter yet.
In addition to what @ShadowOne333 said, this is on their FAQ under a question about if they're worried about a C&D: "No worries. Capcom is aware of the project and has allowed the project thread to be pinned on the Steam discussion forum for the game."

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Right, which is why I'd think Capcom would consider it something which could dampen sales of their own RE4 remake. Then again, that very well might contain changes to the gameplay and story as well.

Reactions: Zense

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Nintendo has C&D far less, let’s be real here. I know that’s The Big N but still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: LSDMTHC

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
capcom was one of the more nicer companies when it came to fan projects them and Sega in fact a bootleg SF2 (Rainbow edition) basicly saved the street fighter franchise by making nesecary tweaks (mostly speedups SF and SF 2 were both slow and clunky and that's how street fighter 2 turbo was born

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then again, that very well might contain changes to the gameplay and story as well.
Was just about to comment this. Any self-respecting company, of which Capcom seems to be one of the few apart from that SF5 thing they did, will do more than just a HD texture pack for a remaster, like add new functionality like controlls, fix bugs (like that impossible mine cart jump QTE*), add some extras etc.

*Hopefully they don't fix that one since it was hilarious.

Reactions: Xzi

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am not into resolution and texture detail. Playing Okami (Wii) right now and it so beautiful. I do appreciate good animation and polygons though. But I don´t need to see pimples on a character.
If only I knew anything about programming. Then I might try to "Wiimake" old GC or N64 games with Wiimote controls (see RE4 or even Duckhunt on Wii).

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Capcom should ask permissions from this guy to add it as free dlc upgrade
Or add as dlc and part of cash give it to him
He made a great work!
Many companies with their remasters should be ashamed by this fact (especially companies that against of mods and ports)

Reactions: MarkDarkness

magikarp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Considering Capcom stole so many assets/textures/photos/whatever from artists when making RE4, this mod pack is probably somehow more legal than the original game lol.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Considering Capcom stole so many assets/textures/photos/whatever from artists when making RE4, this mod pack is probably somehow more legal than the original game lol.
Just because she alleged it doesn't mean it's true, although I haven't been following the story since June, so not sure if anything was proven.

Reactions: Osha

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Give us an example of doing a C&D for "far less" than an HD texture pack (which is all this is). Because I honestly can't think of a single example.
C&D a privately run tournament for using a hacked game

Reactions: MarkDarkness

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone knows how I can contact the developer(s) of this pack?
I noticed that the dev mentions SFD files for the cutscenes in the video, and I'm currently working on a project that uses SFD files for its cutscenes as well, and I want to contact them to ask them which tools are they using for converting, editing and re-importing the SFD files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over