Hacking Reset vWii only to factory defaults.

Canmetal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

Is there a way to reset the vWii only to factory defaults, without losing the save data for the actual Wii U?

I was about to softmod the vWii and I used the wrong save game data (PAL instead of NTSC) and now I cannot clear or copy the correct one (it says the file already exists).

If worst comes to worst, will resetting the Wii U format the save data on the vWii as well?

Thank you,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Is there a way to reset the vWii only to factory defaults, without losing the save data for the actual Wii U?
I was about to softmod the vWii and I used the wrong save game data (PAL instead of NTSC) and now I cannot clear or copy the correct one (it says the file already exists).
If worst comes to worst, will resetting the Wii U format the save data on the vWii as well?
Thank you,

I haven't been in vWii yet, but you should be able to delete your save game when you launch the game. Or if there is a data management in the vWii, you should be able to delete it from there as well. I'll be exploiting mine soon so if you're still having trouble I can check it out and let you know, but either of those two options (the first makes the most sense) should be available.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you can delete save files very easily on the save manger settings also the saves do not conflit with each other you can have a jap,eur and usa save of the same game just fine i know i do have a ssbb pal and ssbb ntsc save right next to each other since they have diferent gameids they dont conflict.

Canmetal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your replies.

I was using the Bathaxx exploit. However I cannot see the save file in the save data manager and every time I try the USA file it says it exists and I cannot override. I have deleted the only two save files here and still got the same message. Anything else I could try?

Thanks again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I was using the Bathaxx exploit. However I cannot see the save file in the save data manager and every time I try the USA file it says it exists and I cannot override. I have deleted the only two save files here and still got the same message. Anything else I could try?

Thanks again.
you sure your looking in the right place? save manager o the wii saves? if save isnt there then you have no saves.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks again.

It sounds like there is an issue with your SD card then and not on the vWii. I'd backup the card contents, reformat and try again. It could also have the Read-Only tag flipped, and since the vWii needs to write to that save file it could be breaking it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol