ROM Hack [REQUEST] Someone interested in making a Translation of "Daigyakuten Saiban"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Good luck for the project! I might have been able to help graphics editing too,
since I edited most of the graphics in AAI2 project. It's a big project, so oneperson wouldn't need to take care of every picture.
And I hope you'll be able to turn this 90 degrees or atleast don't have two letters in one row,if turning is not possible.

I don't think there is a whole lot images that needs to be edited, but if we ever need any help we will let you all know! (As I did, when I stuck with the arc and tex files.)

I'm almost sure I can't rotate the buttons in the menu, but I already sorted out the multiple letter issue.
37.bmp

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think there is a whole lot images that needs to be edited, but if we ever need any help we will let you all know! (As I did, when I stuck with the arc and tex files.)

I'm almost sure I can't rotate the buttons in the menu, but I already sorted out the multiple letter issue.
37.bmp
I think it's looks very good this vertical way, don't think that rotating the text or the bars are necessary o3o good work so far

Zeke

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awsome work, i'm not fluent in computer (i only have basics like C++ or VBA) or japanease but let me know if you need someone to fill the sentences after the translation.

Good work, i'm expecting a realease soon !

PS : The translated rom will be compatible with both Eu and US versions of the 3DS ?

Last edited by Zeke,

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
PS : The translated rom will be compatible with both Eu and US versions of the 3DS ?

If I'm not mistaken, every rom loading method should be region free (apart from Sky, but Sky can't play modified roms anyway), but please tell me if I'm wrong here.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I'm not mistaken, every rom loading method should be region free (apart from Sky, but Sky can't play modified roms anyway), but please tell me if I'm wrong here.
I think you are right... they can make a region free .cia but will need a cfw/Gw as well

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a question for you all: Sliter and I both made an english logo for the game, but we can't decide which one to use.
So my question is this: Which one do you prefer? (I'm purposely not telling you which one is made by whom!)
PickOne.jpg

Reactions: Sliter

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question for you all: Sliter and I both made an english logo for the game, but we can't decide which one to use.
So my question is this: Which one do you prefer? (I'm purposely not telling you which one is made by whom!)
PickOne.jpg
Honestly? Neither of them is close enough to the style of the original one...
But the second one is closer. You should only change the font ;)

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Second one
the subtitle looks off compared to the original so matching it as close as possible would be better with a different font.
But it's a fine job. Good work.

LIsReal24012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help translate but I could help with character names/name puns if needed. Looks pretty promising so far.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Second one, but first one has better subtitle. But I would really like to see version of that
with traditional ace attorney font. And that star ball might look better without "shadow".
I mean like in Apollo Justice logo:
ace-attorney-apollo-justice.jpg

And second one's some of letters look bit "wonky" because of curve. I mean there are
some tops and bottoms that don't follow the curve.

And why we can't have traditional finger pointing protagonist logo?

Something like in here or here for example:

Last edited by mrichston,
Reactions: Fluto

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Because we are Translating a Gyakuten Saiban game and not "USificating" an Alexander Wright game. I think we translators don't have the right to modify something if it's not necessary to understand the game.
There is no finger pointing in the original logo, so no finger pointing in our logo. The game's main protagonist is a japanese man, so we won't rewrite the whole plot so he can be american. etc...

And with that, I rest my case.

Reactions: c80n and Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For those tha sya the font isn't good enough, if have one to sugest us please tell! o3o Font finding matching is hard, sometimes we have to just darw each letter (was what I passed with pokemon lol)
One thing is that the subtitle is easy to change in both, so if anyone would jugest a better fit for it

Because we are Translating a Gyakuten Saiban game and not "USificating" an Alexander Wright game. I think we translators don't have the right to modify something if it's not necessary to understand the game.
My hero! >w<)/ lol yeah I think it's no point fan translating something the way a localziation would do .. for that, let's wait the localization lol

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Changing the game to such degrees will result in inevitable backslash from the fans, so it's smarter to keep it close to source as possible. This is a "fan translation", not a localization. Although I agree jokes, puns and such should be localized for english speaking audience, it's best to avoid any unneeded change.
AAI2 was more of a localization because it had to be consistent with the AAI entry of the series. Seeing as this is a whole new franchise itself, they don't have to deal with such problems.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think there should be a translated version and a localizated one, so everyone gets what they want.
But we need the translated version first... we'll think about the localizated version later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken