OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi All!

I just got bored and I decided to hack an NDS to see if it would be any of use. I did, and I found some of the code understandable, but the rest just equations and mathematics:
CODE.ê####ÂÂÂÂ

¤ò
ö

Ðî æ
è
ÿ

ÿ
?ÂÂè

SRAM_V110ÂÂ PASS01–È`Oâ
p
â
ÿ/á
O
H
L `d`|b0

J ð
ø0j€
±jòj ð
ø0k€
±kòk ð
øpjwk
L``8G

šC
K’
Ò

ß÷F
ð
å þ

ðÿ

ð
ÂÂÿ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ž
ÿ  ã€å  ã ð)á ãAâРá  ã ð)áAâРáŒ1Ÿå3ÿ/á  ã ð)á€ÑŸå  ã ð)áxÑŸå  ã ð)ápÑŸåpŸåp!ŸåpAŸåKÂÂëlŸål!ŸålAŸåGÂÂëhŸåh!ŸåhAŸåCÂÂëÂÂë`Ÿå`Ÿå Aà5ÂÂëXŸåXŸå Aà1ÂÂëPŸå åLŸåÂÂåHŸå‰Hâ €å -é ? = ñ  ” ¤ò  ñ  ñ`  pþÿ¨ô¤ô‘ ñ8 Å 9! gra_`í’  áøµÀFø¼¼žFpGµL#x +ÑK +ÐH à ¿##p¼¼ GñÂÂÂÂTæµÂÂÂÂK +ÐHÂÂÂÂI à ¿Hh +ÐK +Ð ð
ø¼¼ GÂÂÂÂTæñXæÂÂÂÂGÀFµH ð¾úHð_û½´ãpµ„° ð¼ýð4øH ðqøJ€#Û`K„"p";p€# %$&!"[
H –•”” ðãü€#!"[ÂÂÂÂH –••” ðØüÿ÷ÆÿþçÀFÔÀ   C ´7H xpG7I`pGðµÈŒ ä4MʼnÐÂÂÃ9üÑøh ðîø8h¹h ð
ùð½1µ, J-I
G
,M
°hF
!
"#
¨G*I
ˆG
¼

ÂÂÂÂ

#
´@
€ %IˆG

hFÿ÷Îÿ
°
¼ ðLø0½ÀFrbÂÂ
µ
ˆAˆ
$
´ˆ

K˜G

¨ÿ÷¹ÿ
¼ ð4ø
½
H GÂÂÂÂ
á€
†€ã ð)á

åÿ/á
H GÂÂ
á

Ÿå€ Àã
€á ð)á
ÿ/áÂÂÂÂHñ

ñ0
´

},
¡:
à

ü

5I
`5H
à5I "ƒ\‹T
2 +úÑ3Hÿç3I
`pG-J
h

3‰
(
Ð
(
ÐpG
ˆ€ ÂÂÂÂ
XX€
pGXX€
pG

Ð
Ð
ÝpG !
à
!
à"I
Góµ
H
¡
ð!þ

M ð(ø
¼

* Љ
1ÂÂÂÂ
N
"°G ð
ø€¼
"°G ð
ø
"°G ˜
IˆG
¼
´
"#
¨G
I
ˆGñ½
°hF
!
"#
(GÀFrbÂÂLñ

a

0ñ¹:
¡:
},
µ‡I
`‡I "
ð
ù ½ÂÂÂÂ

C

C

H h‚J
G
µ
$
à
µ
$
à
µ
${H h!
jF
ð
ø¥D
½

0íçÁ"
!ÞçÁ" !ÛçtJ
#
pÂ"Öç
"Öç
"Ôç
"ÒçF"Ðç‡"Îçˆ"Ìç‰"ÊçŠ"Èç‹"ÆçŒ"ÄçO"Âç

CÂÂÂÂ

C

0Åç
"¶çbI

:‰\

‘B ÑpGÿçðµ]H h !
1@
üÒ
)
ÜZJ
ˆ #
€WK
hN

'·@=C
`
€RH‚]
2‚U

C àÂÂð½ µ

´ÿ÷Ùÿ

¼ )
Ð
´ÿ÷‰ÿ
½Â ½Ñ"wçÒ"uç

0|ç

If anyone could, could someone help translate?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
NDS games are "packed". Within the NDS is the game's program (ARM9/ARM7 binaries), the overlays, then all the resources, including the images and text and object data and crap.

The first thing you need to do is unpack the ROM with something like DSLazy. Then you can modify the files inside it, then repack it.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Would you call me a newbie for developing a program that allows you to develop Nintendo DS homebrew games and applications easily with a programming language called DSAL, with the fact that it soon can develop 3D applications and games. Maybe you should think about what you just said.
wink.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Considering you didn't even know that NDS roms are compressed packages, it's obvious your DS app studio uses other tools to do the actual compiling, which you're not aware of since you don't have to program that bit (you deal with the language and presentation to the user).

Sort of like how I can know a lot about cats, except how many nipples they have because I've never had a reason to sit down and count their nipples. So if I want to breed cats, a book named "newbie guide to cat breeding" would be useful to me because it would fill in the gaps of what I know.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Would you call me a newbie for developing a program that allows you to develop Nintendo DS homebrew games and applications easily with a programming language called DSAL, with the fact that it soon can develop 3D applications and games. Maybe you should think about what you just said.
wink.gif
Lolwut?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This thread just threw out any vestiges of hope I could have had for DSAL (which amount to nothing anyways)...I think I'll be looking at DSAL with an expectancy of zero and go up from there...at least then, there is no chance of feeling let down.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
This thread just threw out any vestiges of hope I could have had for DSAL (which amount to nothing anyways)...I think I'll be looking at DSAL with an expectancy of zero and go up from there...at least then, there is no chance of feeling let down.

What?

DSAL is its own langauge. It was developed from scratch and I will say nothing else about it.

DSAL has endured a lot of development, and from the cliff a sarcastic comment about me just finding out what an NDS is makes DSAL look bad. Maybe you guys just take things to seriously, but what can I say.
closedeyes.gif

Edit: DS Application Language(DSAL)

/\
|_ Oops, just did, XD

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
RoyalCardMan said:
jurassicplayer said:

What?

DSAL is its own langauge. It was developed from scratch and I will say nothing else about it.

DSAL has endured a lot of development, and from the cliff a sarcastic comment about me just finding out what an NDS is makes DSAL look bad. Maybe you guys just take things to seriously, but what can I say.
closedeyes.gif

Edit: DS Application Language(DSAL)

/\
|_ Oops, just did, XD

The fact that you make a development toolkit means you should atleast know how the system works at a reasonable level and the fact that you dont just makes your toolkit look bad. This is something you should be able to find in gbatek easily and if you can't then you really need to go back and read gbatek through in its entirety before continuing on with your DSAL project.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
RoyalCardMan said:
When will people just look at 'I was just being sarcastic' post.
I'm sure everyone saw it... It's just that no one believes it.
Mostly because one wouldn't be making a thread requesting a NDS Hack Code Translation if they knew that you need to unpack it...in which case they would have a thread about .sseq, .mod, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!