Homebrew [request] more user friendly save manger for quick and easy save swaping

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ , I suppose the "Update Save" from your screenshots is related to the "Secure Values"?
And if not, there's some way to implement this feature on your app? At least for most-used games, such as Pokémon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc.
All "Update Save" did was call FSUSER_ControlArchive for me after making changes using the explorer. It's all handled at app exit now though, so it's been removed. I'll look into the secure values. I'm not really big on digital games. The only one I have is Crimson Shroud, and I've never had problems with it rejecting edits. I guess it doesn't use them.

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: If you want an updated build that uses titles, you can get it now. Same link as before: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qd2r00sc8l8d3vc/JK3DSTool.zip
It should detect and rename the product code folder for you.

The file explorer is kinda not finished right now, I'm getting burned out right now. When you're in it, select switches between save and SD. Pressing X brings up the copy/paste menu. It can delete stuff, and copy single files right now, but I stopped half way through the directory copying code, so it won't copy dirs right now. If you have any issues, just say something, because I did change a few things.

Reactions: the assaf

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, that's really neat!
So theoretically I could backup my exploited IronFall save and then restore it in case it gets lost? (running the save manager through MenuHax, of course)
well I mean, yes. but if Ironhax ever did get corrupted, then you could always re-install it through themehax, provided you didn't update.

Reactions: NekoMichi

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Update: If you want an updated build that uses titles, you can get it now. Same link as before: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qd2r00sc8l8d3vc/JK3DSTool.zip
It should detect and rename the product code folder for you.

The file explorer is kinda not finished right now, I'm getting burned out right now. When you're in it, select switches between save and SD. Pressing X brings up the copy/paste menu. It can delete stuff, and copy single files right now, but I stopped half way through the directory copying code, so it won't copy dirs right now. If you have any issues, just say something, because I did change a few things.
Cool, is there any planned progress for future? You should really need to create a new thread for it though.

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you add a feature to name slots
That's actually what I was thinking about adding next. Still testing. Had to write my own sort of "on touchscreen up" code. Having issues with it double typing every once and a while. Also, no backspace.
KeyboardShot.png

Cool, is there any planned progress for future? You should really need to create a new thread for it though.
I know, but I'd rather keep it a smaller release for now.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's actually what I was thinking about adding next. Still testing. Had to write my own sort of "on touchscreen up" code. Having issues with it double typing every once and a while. Also, no backspace.
View attachment 30038

I know, but I'd rather keep it a smaller release for now.
Can you make a .Cia build? it would be neat

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Planning to do a release thread in the future @JK_? Looks promising
I wanna get the keys switched over qwerty first. I've had to work almost nonstop this week, so I haven't really been in the mood for it. Right now, it uses what you enter for the slot name to name the slot folder. I also remember adding a rename function.

Honestly it doesn't go as simple as A: backup B: import, so just getting different save slots options would be a waste. Not to also say it takes away the simplicity
So, you want a simple mode? Kinda don't get what you're saying.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Take Save_Manager for example. Two buttons. :

A: Backup
B: Import
Then just use that one.
Here people is asking for something that can do more than SM and isn't a clusterfuck like svdt.
Producing multiple saves for a single game without having to back it up on a pc is pretty good, non of the current save managers can do it and it looks simple enough
I wanna get the keys switched over qwerty first. I've had to work almost nonstop this week, so I haven't really been in the mood for it. Right now, it uses what you enter for the slot name to name the slot folder. I also remember adding a rename function.
Cool, looking forward for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro