[Request] Gateshark To NTR Cheat Code Conversion Help Needed

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Master Dimentio, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Hello. So I've tried my hand for quite some time at trying to make my own NTR Cheat codes for the games I play. All sources of doing this method seem to point to using a combination of MenuHax/DevKitPro/Python to make your own cheat codes... The problem is coding is way beyond my level of skill or comprehension but I still want to get codes for games I play. As ashamed as I am to say it I'm not able to do this by myself. I need help.

Right now I'm playing Fire Emblem Fates and I found EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

So what I am asking is, can someone please convert these Gateshark codes for me and make them into a NTR plugin?

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    You can use the NTR Debugger that has Gateshark support.

3. Master Dimentio
    OP

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    I seem to be having trouble with the guides I'm finding with the NTR debugger. I found one on this site here but towards the end after a certain point it made no clear mention what to do next. I'm kind of a slow learner. Do you know of a detailed guide I could benefit from?

4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Use this, https://gbatemp.net/threads/modified-ntr-client-with-gateshark-support.418294/
    Connect to your 3DS, paste the address in the gatshark tab, and you're done

FlappyFalco likes this.
  5. Master Dimentio
    OP

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    That's the exact guide I didn't know what to do after a certain point. I got a far as putting in the code. I hit try code I got code in the second box. I hit execute code it does what it needs to... but it didn't specify how that gets into the game itself.

Maybe all I really need is a little clarification to set me back on the right path of getting these codes?

6. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I don't think you can make NTR plugins with this debugger as there is no option to do so. You can run gateshark codes but the 3DS has to be connected to the debugger all the time.

7. Master Dimentio
    OP

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    I've been told that it can get you the plg files but then again it's conflicting stories. It's either that or the coding method which is beyond me... Come to think of it I'm guessing the Debugger is primarily to get you the code to use in something else?

8. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    My fork of the debugger only allows you to execute the gateshark codes. it doesn't create a plugin for you.

Anyways, when hitting execute code did you select a process first? Don't be shy to post your log in the actual topic :P ( use a spoiler though)