PS1/2 [REQUEST] English patch for "Dragon Quest Monsters 1 & 2" (PSX)

TheBlueKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this games translation for over a decade, Tom is mostly just a translator and Kingcom is someone who hacks the game to put the translation into it, The words have likely been translated to English in a text/script document for years and a good chunk are even in the game, Sadly the hard part is putting the translated words into the game in this case

"Dragon Quest Monsters 1&2 is undoubtedly among the nastiest games I’ve worked on. It needed many major programming changes that all came with their own set of resulting issues. Some systems of the game were just entirely unsuited to languages other than Japanese and needed a lot of manual work to get them working" -Kingcom, July-29-2015

Basically, Seems like significant parts of the game need to be hacked or reprogramed compared to most translation projects
I've seen since deleted tweets from Tom (he deletes all his tweets frequently) that said that the project isn't forgotten or abandoned yet

Reactions: zfreeman

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Dragon Quest Monsters 1&2 is undoubtedly among the nastiest games I’ve worked on. It needed many major programming changes that all came with their own set of resulting issues. Some systems of the game were just entirely unsuited to languages other than Japanese and needed a lot of manual work to get them working" -Kingcom, July-29-2015
I've been following it for that long and read that back then too. It's probably the only reason why this takes so damn long or was abandoned so many times within that project's lifespan.
that said that the project isn't forgotten or abandoned yet
Read that as well and it's the only hope left for us.
I had a video call with some guys at bountysource recently because you can't create bounties without relying on a GitHub issue currently (and the lack of a DQM translation is no issue in any GitHub repository lol). However they are soon to implement a way now to create bounties without that need which is where I'll be creating one right away to maybe light some new fire on that project. If the bounty raises (I plan to throw in some bucks every month and hope a few community members do that as well), it'll be more attractive to Tom and/or Kingcom to ditch other current projects and get DQM finally done.

Reactions: Yasivr

Yasivr

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Wey are not the only ones believe me and yes he's working on the scripts and programing at least that's what I've seen in some places and info that I've been looking for just to wait and see if it's true i have hope soon see new info

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps