Hacking *Remove* Nocopy Flag in Saves?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to copy some uncopyable games using my softmodded Wii. I want these saves to be usable by everyone, even those without softmods. From what I understand, there is a "nocopy" flag in save files for games like Brawl and Animal Crossing. I once used a hack that *ignored* the nocopy flag, but I cannot find a hack that removes the flag. I tried to copy a save I made from an SD card, but it still had the nocopy flag and I didn't have the hack enabled.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
u could use waninkokos save game extracter or use StartPatch/Priiloader hacks.
I don't think save game extractor would help me. I want to be able to upload save files usable by everyone. I am looking for a Priiloader hack that *REMOVES* the nocopy protection on save files. I have an Endless Ocean save file on an SD card right now. I thought that there was no "nocopy" flag, but I tried to copy it back to my Wii (currently without that specific hack) and it wouldn't let me.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
have a look here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks
I have Priiloader insalled, how do I use hacks.ini? (I also have Bootmii boot2)

QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Feb 10 2010, 07:37 PM) The easiest way is simply to use the rebooter function in NeoGamma or Gecko OS. No installing/patching required.

Just tried it. On my 4.2U softmodded Wii, it doesn't even let me copy the saves.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
WiiShizzza said:
I have Priiloader insalled, how do I use hacks.ini? (I also have Bootmii boot2)
I love how everyone is doing a great job of not providing him what he needs.

Find the hacks.ini appropriate to your region and System Menu. If you're getting it from Wiibrew, copy it into an empty text file - make sure it's in DOS line mode, which is default for Windows PC's but requires a unix2dos converter on Mac/Nix. Put the hacks.ini on the root of your SD card. Fire up your Wii and go to the Priiloader menu (hold Reset on startup). There should be an option to "Install Hacks". Doing so will place all of the hacks into your Hacks option menu in Priiloader, where you can Enable "Remove NoCopy Protection". You can delete hacks.ini off your card after this.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you use the latest version of Gecko OS, the "copy nocopy saves" hook removes the nocopy flag instead of ignoring it. However this can cause issues in one or two games. The only one I know of so far is COD4, but there could be others. In those games, if a save has the nocopy flag removed, the game will say it is a "corrupted save". But on most games I think it works if the nocopy flag is removed.

You could also manually remove the nocopy flag from the save once you have dumped it with a regular "copy nocopy saves" patch which just ignores the flag instead of removing it. To do this you need to do the following:

Decrypt the save file (you can use FE100 on Windows to do this)
Open banner.bin in a Hex Editor.
Go to offset 0x07 and there should be "01" on a no-copy save.
Change the 01 to 00, then save the file.
Rencrypt the save file (again, you can use FE100 afaik)

EDIT: You can get FE100 from here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FE100. I think you need to have OpenSSL and Microsft Visual C++ Redistributable installed.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rundown of what's been offered so far:

Gecko OS and NeoGamma rebboter - I don't know why, but they don't do anything. Maybe my cIOS is messed up or something.

Priiloader + Wiibrew hacks.ini - *IGNORE*, not *REMOVE* the flag

Manually remove nocopy flag - I don't have OpenSSL and Visual C++

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
W hat said:
Rundown of what's been offered so far:

Gecko OS and NeoGamma rebboter - I don't know why, but they don't do anything. Maybe my cIOS is messed up or something.

Priiloader + Wiibrew hacks.ini - *IGNORE*, not *REMOVE* the flag

Manually remove nocopy flag - I don't have OpenSSL and Visual C++

For Gecko OS, I think you need IOS36 with trucha bug and ES_Identify, not cIOS. Although that could be incorrect.

OpenSSL and Visual C++ redistributable (not just Visual C++) are, as said above, free, so you can easily download and install them. There are links to each on the FE100 WiiBrew page.

The other option I see is porting the Gecko OS rebooter No Copy Protection patch to Priiloader, so you can use Priiloader to *remove* no copy flag rather than ignore it. I will try and do this and post a hacks.ini for you, but I need to know your System Menu version.

EDIT: Just noticed that you have 4.2U. I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try and get Open SSL and C++. Thanks, but if you could get a Priiloader version working, that'd be awesome.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like it'll be tricky, I'm struggling to grasp how gecko does its patches, but I'll try and work it out. But it'll have to be tomorrow, its late now.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpacking failed: MD5 mismatch. Is something wrong with my keys.txt after running through KeyGrabber?

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind
smile.gif

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if this is like the Ps2 No copy .. then u could Find the Data for the save in the Wii game and find the part that writes the Nocopy Protection Bite .. and make it pass it .. might not be easy but it should only take 1 find to find it for all . Note this would be something to do using wiird or Gecko

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Priiloader works for me have a few no copy saves that copy to and from sd card no probs(pc and wii)
I tried the hack on Wiibrew. It makes "copy" greyed out, but functional. As soon as you try on another Wii with hacks disabled, it doesn't copy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg