Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
I was wondering - what would be the chances of you turning the keyboard part of this into a library for people to use in their apps? Its by far the nicest keyboard I've seen in a DS homebrew, and if others could use it, that'd be great. Would you consider doing that?
I certainly would and thanks for the kind words
smile.gif
I would love to make something other developers could benefit from -- I will consider doing it, when I have the time and RTDS is looking finished. Like I sad in earlier posts... I am quite busy at the moment.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A little update.

You can now follow my progress in the first post. I will cross out done tasks, and therefore you will be able to get an estimate on when a release is ready.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
August 26 2009; Today I finally fixed the problem with not being able to cover your whole screen when using mouse-control. Now it works like it should!

You can now follow my development logbook in first post.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lord0fshred said:
does this work with linux?
Currently not, but when the 0.3 release is out I will begin on a *unix backend - it will be fairly easy and quick to do (implementing with the Xlib) - so expect a linux version
smile.gif

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A little update.

As many of you may know, I am currently participating the the 'Top 10 R4 DS Homebrew' contest. I would be VERY happy if gave my Remote Touch DS a vote. A random selected voter in the contest will also have the chance of getting a $20 price - so you may also win something by just giving your vote!

As of the 0.3 release, it is still in the works, I will only release when I feel I have a ready version in hands
smile.gif

Vote here; http://www.r4revolutionds.co.uk/top-10-r4-...rew-get-voting/

Again, thanks for the support, this is what drives me forward!
smile.gif

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FourEyes said:
So, when can we expect to see a Mac version?
It depends, the mac version needs some more investigation - I have not found all the API calls I need in OS X yet. The server-backend for linux with Xlib will be done before the OS X version simply because I already know the API calls to Xlib. Another thing is that I also want to have a finished client before I begin working on other backends.

But fear not, I will without doubt release a server-backend for both OSX and linux because I also use both systems myself.

taurusdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello to everyone and a big thank you to the author of this fantastic
software. i am using my fat ds on my window 7 media center to
write this post...

well i am having the same problem already pointed out by another
user. when i restart the client only udp packets are received and the
tcp ones are lost. so no mouse clicks or keyboard keys.

any tip to solve this problem.

a request. is it possible to implement energy saver functions on the ds
side. for example put the wifi module to sleep and so the 2 screens backlight.
when i start to watch a film. at the end. the ds is aleady out of battery.

keep up this good work... thank you.

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
add +1 about the weird TCP problem. If i close the client and reconnect no click and media functions. Only mouse move.

EDIT
Used also the server from the 0.1 version but no luck again....

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is indeed an awesome program, I decided I was gonna use it as my new remote for WMP and Windows Media Center/XBMC/MediaPortal. This is a very good program, hope to see more improvements in the future
biggrin.gif

Also I have yet to have the TCP bug. It worked for me most of the time.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well just letting you know Blazer, I'm still here supporting =) and do you have an estimated release date for v0.3?

Keep up the good work!

hobbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea whether this has been posted or not, (only read to page 6) but will this work with the ds wi-fi usb adapter?

lcadwell

Trophies
XP
Country
DSlite, R4 Revolution 4gb.
Remote Touch DS 0.2.2

Hi.

Looks like the perfect program I need but I can't get it working.

Server side appears to be listening according to netstat. NDS client doesn't appear to activate wifi though.
Says "TCP connection" *long pause* then displays "Current coordinates" "MY IP 192.168.1.151". "Connected to server " and the correct port.
No flashing light on DS indicating wifi.
My router does not register any connection from the DS when using the client but will register the DS when it uses DSOrganiser's web browser and always assigns in the same ip address (in the x.x.x.6x range, never above 100). Packet sniffer confirms no traffic with 192.168.1.151 when using client.

I have tried entering server ip and port manually and with the rtds_settings.txt file (definetly reads file as it doesn't request the server ip and tries to connect automatically). I have tried different ports (235, 7777).

It just looks like the DS wifi is not activating
frown.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Luke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo