Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
couple of suggestions. would it be possible to add middle click, and also, can you make it that the mouse can go over the taskbar?

besides that, it's pretty cool. here's a really quick batch script to make it easier to run. just make a file in the server folder called server.bat and put in the following
Code:
rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 325
Then simply double click that file to run the server on port 325. Easier than navigating a command prompt.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
couple of suggestions. would it be possible to add middle click, and also, can you make it that the mouse can go over the taskbar?
Not being able to reach taskbar is a known bug -- some calculations gone wrong, it will be fixed in next version. Middle mouse click will also be added in next release.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
besides that, it's pretty cool. here's a really quick batch script to make it easier to run. just make a file in the server folder called server.bat and put in the following
Code:
rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 325
Then simply double click that file to run the server on port 325. Easier than navigating a command prompt.

Now that's a good point.
It would be easier for most people because they don't want to do it manually. But like in the readme I think it would be better if it was 235. just so people don't get confused.

And maybe make itCODEserver\rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235

So they could launch it from their Desktop.

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
If you place the batch file in your "server" folder where ever it may be you can simply make a shortcut to the batch file on your desktop removing the need for any extra data in your batch code
smile.gif

As for the batch file itself it was said he likes having it run silently in the background and without GUI, but i have no room to talk as i use a batch as well
laugh.gif
guess to each there own.

moogle.gif

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In the next release I will place a batch file for easy use. Now that I have seen so many having problems I think it is a good idea.

Stay tuned for the next release, it will take a bit longer... it is a big update, it will be a 0.3 release
wink.gif

You can check all the features that are going to be implemented for next release in the first post.

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded this app and then when i turn it on, it says:

Connecting with WFC data

My ds then turns to a black screen but the LED light still keeps on flashing...

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twilight Loz said:

Connecting with WFC data

i'm getting the same thing, except mine just stays at the connecting with wfc data screen

nuts!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
asterion said:
Twilight Loz said:

Connecting with WFC data

i'm getting the same thing, except mine just stays at the connecting with wfc data screen

nuts!
Are you guys connection the manual way (typing in ip-address and port-number) or are you using the rtds_settings.txt on the root of your cartridge?

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm i think i'm doing it the manual way, although i can't even get to the part where i can add in the ip address. i followed the youtube video

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
asterion said:
umm i think i'm doing it the manual way, although i can't even get to the part where i can add in the ip address. i followed the youtube video
This sounds like a problem with the router you are connection to. Check your WFC data with a game and then try again. You have to make sure your WFC is configured the right way, else it wont work.

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My room's sound system is wired to my computer in the living room for music playing, but it always has been a trouble to walk out and change songs,so i always left it at shuffle. It troubled me alot.

Now,thanks to your homebrew, its much more simpler =P

Now if only you can make it into a tray icon with autostart function...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Auto start function is possible, very easily. Just copy the batch file to the startup folder (on XP that's C:/Documents and Settings/{User Name}/Start Menu/Programs/Startup)

Then it'll automatically run everytime you turn on the computer. This will work with any file btw, but for larger ones, just copy a shortcut, so you're not wasting space.
However, I don't know of a way to make it run in the tray.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump.

Just to let everyone know, I intend to implement and fix all the requested features/bugs, but right now I am a little busy - but fear not, Remote Touch DS will be back with even greater and cooler features soon.

Until then, take care and continue to use/test my homebrew
wink.gif
Peace.

Akiyo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright, found a quick bug.

Start Server > Start Client = Works.

Start Server > Start Client > Works > Restart DS > Start Client > Mouse work, but MEX and Keys doenst work.

Odd huh?

i noticed mouse is UDP and keys are TCP. I portforwarded and no deal.

oh and,the problem is server stop receiving TCP commands from the client after i restarted my client, but UDP based mouse command works. (Moving)

Can you make a way that i can properly disconnect my client?

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get it to work =[
i'm on a wireless network sharing the internet with my dad and i can't find the ipv4 address either when i type ipconfig =[
oh i see i need to have a wireless modem connected?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol