Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Waytofind said:
Great app, looking forward to the next update however i have a small issue and that is that i can't get to run it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong looked up my IP, launched the server, connected but just nothing happens. I'm pretty sure that I am missing a small silly thing as usual...

Anyway for future updates how about a mode in which users can bind keys to any button of the DS so that you could use you DS like a controller if you so wish? Not really sure why you would want to play a PC game using a DS as a controller but it would be a nice feature none the less.

edit: another nice thing to add would be the ability to switch to a AZERTY keyboard.
I have already added this to the wishlist and I will look at the feature.
About your problem with not being able to connect. Did you find your computers local IP? Go to start->open->type "cmd">type "ipconfig" and locate your adapters IP. I will also suggest you to wait for the 0.3 beta release. Many things will be fixed in this version and it is MUCH more stable for regular use.

Waytofind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BlazerRazor said:
I have already added this to the wishlist and I will look at the feature.
About your problem with not being able to connect. Did you find your computers local IP? Go to start->open->type "cmd">type "ipconfig" and locate your adapters IP. I will also suggest you to wait for the 0.3 beta release. Many things will be fixed in this version and it is MUCH more stable for regular use.

I've taken a screenshot of the command promt and a picture of what the DS' screen displays so that i don't forget to mention a perhaps important detail. The "server" folder is in on my desktop as you might notice and the.ddl file is also in it like the README file mentioned. I've pretty much followed the step by step guide that is in it. I am using Vista by the way.

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/dsst.jpg/
I blurred out the actual numbers of course but identical coloured blocks are the same numbers, the "my ip" on the ds does not match up with any of the numbers in the command prompt though.

But me making screenshots might have been pointless since I do think that I have spotted my problem. At first i did not pay much attention to it but in the README there is the line "Will use your default WFC data." A long long time ago thunder burnt my modem and the one i got from the insurance was not supported by my DS so i have no "connection data" in my DS to connect to the WFC.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to hear it's finally coming in a beta release! Remember that I'm always here supporting RTDS! I can test it on the 4th, but I might get it a little later in the day because I'm pretty sure I'm going to have basketball practice afterschool, but I will test it and I'm sure it will be awesome!
yaynds.gif

RandomRedMage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, I have yet to actually use it, but one thing bothers me... and only one thing really... Why is it not a QWERTY keyboard... well... seriously... Why a Z where the Y should be a vice versa?

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RandomRedMage said:
This is awesome, I have yet to actually use it, but one thing bothers me... and only one thing really... Why is it not a QWERTY keyboard... well... seriously... Why a Z where the Y should be a vice versa?
This will fixed the in the 0.3 open beta. It will release later today. The 0.3 release will be a MAJOR release with many new features and bugfixes. Everything will be much much more stable.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update

0.3 open beta released. I hope you will enjoy the new version and give me some feedback!
smile.gif

Look in first post.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlazerRazor said:
Update

0.3 open beta released. I hope you will enjoy the new version and give me some feedback! :)

Look in first post.

I greatly appreciate it, this is probably my favorite homebrew, thanks a bunch.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ashxu said:
Can you assign keyboard keys to DS buttons?

e.g DS/PC
A/Z
B/P

etc?
That would be possible. May I ask why?
I intend to implement a complete custom keymapping feature in the future! :)

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested it and it's everything I thought it would be! Good job Blazer! Although the mouse could be a TAD faster, not too much faster just a little. My brother pointed this out when I showed him and I noticed it too! Good job, everything is running much smoother in this version! Keep it up!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mermehma said:
Just tested it and it's everything I thought it would be! Good job Blazer! Although the mouse could be a TAD faster, not too much faster just a little. My brother pointed this out when I showed him and I noticed it too! Good job, everything is running much smoother in this version! Keep it up!
Good point. I actually thought of this myself.
A solution would be to an optional option where you specify your desired sensitivity when you launch the server.

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
BlazerRazor said:
ashxu said:
Can you assign keyboard keys to DS buttons?

e.g DS/PC
A/Z
B/P

etc?
That would be possible. May I ask why?
I intend to implement a complete custom keymapping feature in the future! :)

Well i have Street Fighter IV on my PC, and i realised it's a lot easier with a controller. I don't have a xbox 360 nor a xbox 360 controller, and i'm not spending 40 bucks on a controller just for one game.

So basically i want to use my DS as a gamepad.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't get it, is it a netcontroller or a vnc?

Either way, good work. When I get another ds this is exactly the kind of app I was looking for. Any chance of a dev api?
tongue.gif

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anyone around having problems for it to find wfc?

I have configured hardware wifi (it's not broadcasted ssd, no encryption password, manual config settings), i have also set my ip with the txt file.

I just get stuck on "connecting with wfc data..."
=(

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ow i'm just stupid,,,,

i have forgot homebrew wifi can't connect to wifis that do not broadcast ssid =)

nice going homebrew =)

would be nice to get somethin like the mex but customizable =) (and i barelly show up and just start trowing sugestions =D)

thanks =)

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
I don't get it, is it a netcontroller or a vnc?

Either way, good work. When I get another ds this is exactly the kind of app I was looking for. Any chance of a dev api?
tongue.gif
I will soon release a devkit. This kit will allow other developers to implement their own server-backend targeted other systems, etc. Linux (unix) and OS X. Hopefully this will get Remote Touch DS working on all platforms at some point!
wink.gif

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
798-Icebird said:
Any way to get this working with a WPA key or a nintendo USB connector?
unsure.gif

Sorry for this question if it is too stupid
frown.gif
You can't get it to work with WPA. WPA will only work if you have a DSi and the homebrew you run is running in DSi mode. This is not possible yet (to an extend it is, but not usable).
So you will have to turn of WPA on your wireless router and for security set it to only allowing certain MAC addresses to acquire IP's (this is still a security issue, but it will suffice).

This is currently an issue with all homebrew.

If you on the other hand use a Nintendo WIFI USB Connector you will be able to get it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".