Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

BassB

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lcadwell, make sure your wifi is correctly set up, and that the port mactches on the server side and the ds

i got it to work, the mouse part is great, but i can't click or type. only move my mouse.
windows vista 32. please anyone?

Hyper3D

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this is cool and all...too bad it doesn't work with my ancient windows me
laugh.gif

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BassB said:
lcadwell, make sure your wifi is correctly set up, and that the port mactches on the server side and the ds

i got it to work, the mouse part is great, but i can't click or type. only move my mouse.
windows vista 32. please anyone?

It's a known 0.2.2 version bug. keyb and clicks work only the first time the client connects to the server. After that only the mouse movement. Also happens in Win7 waiting for a new fixed version

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mermehma said:
Well just letting you know Blazer, I'm still here supporting =) and do you have an estimated release date for v0.3?

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, and yes, I have an estimated release for the 0.3 version. It will be around late November or December. This version will include a big load of new improvements and bug fixes - it will be the wait worth!

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KamuiX said:
It's a known 0.2.2 version bug. keyb and clicks work only the first time the client connects to the server. After that only the mouse movement. Also happens in Win7 waiting for a new fixed versionThanks for pointing that out, KamuiX!

QUOTE(BlazerRazor @ Oct 21 2009, 03:06 PM) This version will include a big load of new improvements and bug fixes - it will be the wait worth!
Definitely looking forward to it. The UI is just too awesome. Good luck
smile.gif

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
it will be fun to control my laptop with my dsi while im on school

thank you.

could you make an option were the ds serves as a gamepad??

i dont like ds2key,a homebrew simila to yhis one ,but this one has more control over your sustem.

ms4278

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my computer does not have a wifi card. It is wired into my router. Will this program work if my pc does not have a wifi card? Im asking cause when i put in my ip and port its the ip the router assigns me 192.168.1.102 port 235. I enter it on the client and server side and the ds shows My ip 0.0.0.0 connected to server 192.168.1.102 on port 235. What should i do to make this work?

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

I just wanted to say that I now have working accelerated mouse-movements. This means that the mouse-control now works like a real touchpad.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shiro786 said:
You are awesome. I really like this project! Kudos man!

I have a quick question. Do you have a DS2Key type app in there too? Like, you can map the buttons on the DS as a game pad on the PC?

Thanks in advance,

Shiro
Not yet, but I guess it would be possible to extend Remote Touch DS to also support this at one point. I will put it on the wishlist
smile.gif

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
November 30 2009; I have now fixed the problem that caused the problem with not being able to reconnect to the server (only mouse-movements worked). This means you are now able to reconnect to the server without having to restart the server! Yay!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

0.3 open beta scheduled for release on December 4th

This release will be a beta release and will serve as a test release for feedback and minor bugfixes. I hope you will test it and help me correcting stuff
smile.gif

For other developers a devkit will also be released. This will give others the opportunity to implement their own backend and possibly more backends for other systems (OSX and Linux).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow im actually typing this from my ds very col ap man cant wait to se where this goes from here it would ne col if i could use the ds as a gamepad but it sems a litle laged is that possible

ms4278

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ms4278 said:
Hi my computer does not have a wifi card. It is wired into my router. Will this program work if my pc does not have a wifi card? Im asking cause when i put in my ip and port its the ip the router assigns me 192.168.1.102 port 235. I enter it on the client and server side and the ds shows My ip 0.0.0.0 connected to server 192.168.1.102 on port 235. What should i do to make this work?

Can someone please help me with the problem and dont ignore me please?

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ms4278 said:
ms4278 said:

Can someone please help me with the problem and dont ignore me please?
It will work with a wired computer connected to your router. The problem you are facing have something to do with the connection to your Nintendo DS. You say it says: "My IP: 0.0.0.0", this tells me your Nintendo DS is not connected properly to your router. Check your WFC data with a random game that have support for WiFi gaming -- Remote Touch DS use this data to connect to your router.

Waytofind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great app, looking forward to the next update however i have a small issue and that is that i can't get to run it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong looked up my IP, launched the server, connected but just nothing happens. I'm pretty sure that I am missing a small silly thing as usual...

Anyway for future updates how about a mode in which users can bind keys to any button of the DS so that you could use you DS like a controller if you so wish? Not really sure why you would want to play a PC game using a DS as a controller but it would be a nice feature none the less.

edit: another nice thing to add would be the ability to switch to a AZERTY keyboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.