Hacking Reminder: If you haven't already, set up TubeHax DNS. Possible Update Tomorrow

Donzi

OP
Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
THERE MAY NOT BE AN UPDATE AND IF THERE IS IT WILL MOST LIKELY NOT AFFECT YOUR WII U IN TERMS OF HACKING (Unless you're on one of the God FW Versions)

• Maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow and rumour has it there will be an update so this thread is just a reminder to avoid the possibility of many upset future 5.6.0 users. Get TubeHax or block updates however you want. A tutorial on how to Block Updates is on the Stickies.

• Don't expect anything amazing. I heard that there wasn't much change at all in the new FW, so get rid of any 5.5.x Kexploits fantasies you have, not happening.

• If you still update it's not the end of the world, I am 99% sure any upcoming exploits will still work with your version, no need to make 'I updated by accident, HELP' threads.

• Expect the 'Update' any time tomorrow, that's starting Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:50 PM For US users, although I'm not sure how they have scheduled it for the EU servers.

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple apps I have on 3ds were talking about the maintenance time and said stuff about "my Nintendo" updates going live on the 7th. I know it's a separate system but that may mean that if they do an update for my Nintendo that it won't go live until the next day. We will have to see though. Hopefully this at least helps make progress for our homebrew scene even though, like you said, no one is planning on dumping everything they have.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't expect anything amazing. I heard that there wasn't much change at all in the new FW, so get rid of any 5.5.x Kexploits fantasies you have, not happening.
Actually, the MN1's kexploit could be patched on the next update since is not private at all...

Donzi

OP
Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
Actually, the MN1's kexploit could be patched on the next update since is not private at all...
I highly doubt that. The person hat apparently has the new firmware checked the differences and found only one small change.
Nintendo is a smart company, if they know about MN1's Kexploit then they most likely know the situation with him releasing it and are playing along. Seems ok for mow but once that shit drops and it's supported by a ton of FW versions, then they're fucked.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I highly doubt that. The person hat apparently has the new firmware checked the differences and found only one small change.
Nintendo is a smart company, if they know about MN1's Kexploit then they most likely know the situation with him releasing it and are playing along. Seems ok for mow but once that shit drops and it's supported by a ton of FW versions, then they're fucked.
Not really, actually. They will patch it long before anything groundbreaking like emunand comes with it and people are allready losing interest in the exploits on a huge scale. The playing along works just fine for them, or at least it is the way lesser evil as patching it would be, now. Dont respond, just take in. This has been discussed to death.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1