Hacking Remap Buttons Wii

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing for Metroid Prime Trilogy's multiplayer, but only just swapping the actions of A (shoot) and B (jump), since there's no option for it in multiplayer (you can only swap them for single player, what gives?)
Because Retro only uses the default PlayerControls tweaks in Standard.ntwk, if you know the format then you can manually edit them and overwrite it.

User17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Resident Evil 4 (US)

Hold Z To Aim, A To Run, Press B To Shoot
040870E8 540005EF
042D8610 00000020
042D8618 00000100
042D861C 00000200

Dude,if it ain't ask too much,can you please make the code for:
Aim button = Z
Shot button = C
Run button = B
Ready knife button = A

I'll be eternally grateful!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Dude,if it ain't ask too much,can you please make the code for:
Aim button = Z
Shot button = C
Run button = B
Ready knife button = A

I'll be eternally grateful!

its most likely you wouldn't get a answer for this. because that user hasn't been seen since 2017.

Reactions: Alexander1970

registeredhaxoffender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[brkirch] made the original code. I changed the third line so that you can run pressing b and still shoot pressing z to aim and then b to shoot. It makes for smoother gameplay in RE4 Wii Edition USA.

Put this code into either an existing ocarina txt file and generate a gct file as you would using any other cheat.

Hold Z To Aim, B To Run, Press B To Shoot
040870E8 540005EF
042D8610 00000020
042D8618 00000200
042D861C 00000200

Last edited by registeredhaxoffender,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is a damn fine game. I played some of it on the ps2, and then I bought it on the switch (digital version). think the switch has re5 and 6 too, but when I asked about the games, several people said they were terrible or at least terrible by comparison, so I didn't buy them.

registeredhaxoffender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is a damn fine game. I played some of it on the ps2, and then I bought it on the switch (digital version). think the switch has re5 and 6 too, but when I asked about the games, several people said they were terrible or at least terrible by comparison, so I didn't buy them.

I played it on the ps2 and it is definitely my favorite of the RE series along with 2 and code veronica. I got it on the wii and then found out about the strange control scheme. Haven't played it too much on switch but the wii seemed like the next best way to try it since it has unique controls and all bonus content such as mercenaries and separate ways. For most switch games i like physical copies unless I get a bigger sd card for storage and not all RE ones have them yet sadly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it on the ps2 and it is definitely my favorite of the RE series along with 2 and code veronica. I got it on the wii and then found out about the strange control scheme. Haven't played it too much on switch but the wii seemed like the next best way to try it since it has unique controls and all bonus content such as mercenaries and separate ways. For most switch games i like physical copies unless I get a bigger sd card for storage and not all RE ones have them yet sadly.

yeah, I may have it for the wii (pirated tons of games there, but played few of them). in a previous post, I mentioned mega man anniversary collection on the cube having backwards controls. it's not like that with the original xbox or the ps2, so I have no idea what capcom was thinking. @FIX94 made an app to correct the controls. I've played it several times with a gc adapter connected to a wiimote with nintendont and the wii u. it works very well that way. it's almost unplayable with normal controls. they're terrible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yep, I have it :D:

upload_2021-8-16_14-43-20.png

registeredhaxoffender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I may have it for the wii (pirated tons of games there, but played few of them). in a previous post, I mentioned mega man anniversary collection on the cube having backwards controls. it's not like that with the original xbox or the ps2, so I have no idea what capcom was thinking. @FIX94 made an app to correct the controls. I've played it several times with a gc adapter connected to a wiimote with nintendont and the wii u. it works very well that way. it's almost unplayable with normal controls. they're terrible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yep, I have it :D:

View attachment 273232

Yeah, most games should have multiple control settings if not able to remap them manually. Although most mega man games I play with nes or nes emulator if I don't have them on a newer system. Just was bothered that when using [brkirch]'s code I got killed by the chainsaw ganado in the village a few times lol. I also wanted to use the RE gun wiimote holder for umbrella chronicles or the zapper to play re 4 comfortably.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, most games should have multiple control settings if not able to remap them manually. Although most mega man games I play with nes or nes emulator if I don't have them on a newer system. Just was bothered that when using [brkirch]'s code I got killed by the chainsaw ganado in the village a few times lol. I also wanted to use the RE gun wiimote holder for umbrella chronicles or the zapper to play re 4 comfortably.

I remember the chainsaw guy in the village. that's some of the most intense moments in gaming for me. I loved running from him, only for him to pop up out of no where. I never got very far in re4, but I did love trying to avoid that enemy. I bought re0 and a few others for the ps4, which I dumped after 5.05 was exploitable. I haven't played them yet, only installed them. I think I got them from one of those humble bundles. the second time I did that, I gave all the games away since I couldn't update my ps4 or lose the exploit. that was on psx place. I gave all the games to a lucky winner, so it was like $200-something worth of stuff. can't do that now that I'm on disability, but if I ever get a chance again somehow, I'll give away the games on here.

registeredhaxoffender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the chainsaw guy in the village. that's some of the most intense moments in gaming for me. I loved running from him, only for him to pop up out of no where. I never got very far in re4, but I did love trying to avoid that enemy. I bought re0 and a few others for the ps4, which I dumped after 5.05 was exploitable. I haven't played them yet, only installed them. I think I got them from one of those humble bundles. the second time I did that, I gave all the games away since I couldn't update my ps4 or lose the exploit. that was on psx place. I gave all the games to a lucky winner, so it was like $200-something worth of stuff. can't do that now that I'm on disability, but if I ever get a chance again somehow, I'll give away the games on here.

The chainsaw guy from the mercenaries mode is more terrifying though, he has two chainsaw blades and can jump up towers lol.
Humble bundle's great for getting games with all the dlc in one place, usually for a fraction of what they are worth. I usually use it to get games I already have for pretty cheap. That's how I played RE5's, RE6's and RE7's dlc. It's pretty great for getting a lot of content.

Last edited by registeredhaxoffender,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!