ROM Hack [RELEASED] Nanashi no Game: Me

snapman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work, Nagato! I actually started ripping textures from this game with Tinke a few months back, but I wasn't sure where to go with that idea, since it appears to only be able to rip textures, but not re-insert them. Additionally, they appear to be compressed in some way, since every 4x4 square uses a set of 4 colors. Is there a non-destructive way to edit these textures? I had been thinking about trying to write some kind of tool to remap edited areas to use the same color sets, but that would only be working on the extracted images, which would be pointless if there wasn't a way to put them back in.

Of course, I don't even know which textures would be vital to edit, but stuff like this would seem to probably be important?
TAAkOKX.png

I have no idea what that says, btw. I really hope it isn't a spoiler, sorry.

NiggurathSA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! Finished inserting all of the mails, day 4, day 5, all of the adventure scripts, and all of the main event scripts (the stuff at the beginning of each day), and most of the ending scripts. Right now it's sitting at 83% inserted. I have to translate a fairly long ending script later since it appears the LP never did that ending. All that's left for insertion is 68 more scripts! After that I need to play through it all in-game to fix all of the format errors and such. Then image editing and playtesting and such.

The ending of Me is fucking crazy. The lead up to it is potentially scarier than the first depending on who you are I guess.

Not that I'm aware of, sorry.
That's weird, I don't remember missing any endings? I thought there were only three.

Also it's good to see this is coming along so well. I'm sure panzer and rat will be super happy to see this come together as well. Not sure if it's alright to mention that rat also has a patreon, not totally sure about all the rules on this forum. And hi, I'm the loser that did the LP.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure to be honest. I looked into it closer after I made the post since I couldn't find any of the text in the endings, and it was a weird mixture of previous scripts, so it could just be some kind of test script of some sort. One was named ev_endhing_1_0011 and the other (the weird one) was ev_endhing_2_0011.

Would you guys be interested in being testers for the patch?
I would LOVE to, but I rather not get any spoilers for the game :(
(Especially this kind of genre, it's important not getting spoilers :P)

snapman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The textures I ripped were NSBTX/BTX0, and used on the surface of in-game models. I think there's a MarioKart editor that might be able to do something with them, but I don't know for sure. I'll post an album of everything I ripped that had text on it soon.

A suggested localization for the poem:

Knives of sunset cut a golden field
Invisible shapes; vanishing shadows
Long ago, in bittersweet memories
Lost... unreachable... forever.

NiggurathSA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure to be honest. I looked into it closer after I made the post since I couldn't find any of the text in the endings, and it was a weird mixture of previous scripts, so it could just be some kind of test script of some sort. One was named ev_endhing_1_0011 and the other (the weird one) was ev_endhing_2_0011.

Would you guys be interested in being testers for the patch?
Yeah, I don't mind helping if you need it.

Dani Dandelion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, I'd forgotten all about this. XD Hi, I'm Rat, the one who translated this game. Good work on inserting the scripts and whatnot, Nagato. It's cool to see how far this has progressed.

I kinda skimmed the thread, but was everything translated? Or are there any pieces missing? Because I still have the files on hand to fill in any blanks, if needed.

snapman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new logo is fine, but I thought you would have remembered the one I did that more closely matched the logo made for the first translation project:

AJM3jZJ.gif

Translating the EYE part didn't seem necessary, since the official translations treated it like a logo mark and left it alone:

LB8pPmy.jpg

And finally, here's a link to an archive with all the textures I could find with any text on them.

Reactions: Van_Kaiji

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...