[RELEASED] Nanashi no Game: Me

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Nagato, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Nagato
    OP

Nagato GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    STATUS UPDATE(8/21/2015)
    Patch v1.0 released!
    This is a full translation and should be playable until the end.
    Please report any bugs in this thread or in a PM to me. Thanks.

Staff
    Main Translator: Rat
    Translator, Programmer: Nagato
    Image Editor: Vodka
    Special thanks: Panzer, Ryusui, NikolaMiljevic, bobmcjr

Releases
    Nanashi no Game: Me (The Nameless Game: Eye) v1.13 translation patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4r940fzl5bef6dk

Screenshots
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Readme
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Card Compatibility
    Gateway 3DS Blue Card - Working
    R4 Dual Core - Working
    CycloDS - Working as of v1.1
    IEDGE - Working as of v1.1

Last edited by Nagato, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    Away from civilization.
    I hope you get a reply from someone willing to translate.
    It's a game that keeps you on the edge of your seat, so it's definitely worth the effort.

I'll also ask around for you and send some translators your way if I can. Good luck, Nagato! :)

3. G-Han

G-Han Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Would love to team up with you again Nagato, but I simply lack the time to do so. Too bad summvs can't be reached, either.

I will spread the word and follow the project passionately, though. Good luck!

4. N3XU5

N3XU5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yesssss, ive waited some years for this awesome translation ^^

5. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Don't get your hopes up. In the nearly two months since my original message was put up (in the other Nanashi no Game thread), I haven't received a single message from a potential translator.

If anyone knows a qualified translator who has an interest in game translation, please feel free to send them my way.

6. N3XU5

N3XU5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Netherlands

Too bad that i suck as hell in japanese or else i would have help for sure.
    im sure that there are some people here that want to help you translating :)

7. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    I know this is a necropost by now, but I'd at least like to ask if you've had any luck. The Nanashi no Game games intrigue me to no end, and I've had little use of my R4 lately and would really like more reasons to pick it back up again...

8. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Nope, still not a single response from a potential translator. I don't know how to go about advertising better. :(

9. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Did you ask throughim from absolute zero? I believe there are other translators around. Maybe one of them is interested.

Phoenix Goddess likes this.
  10. Sora de Eclaune

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    I've recalled something from a couple of years ago!

Someone PMed me, asking if I was the hacker of Nanashi no Game. They then proceeded to ask if they could translate Nanashi no Game Me into English and have me hack the translations into the game. I told them to contact Nagato, as I wasn't the hacker for Nanashi no Game. After that, I never heard back. I can't seem to find this PM conversation in my inbox, though (I guess I deleted it after it got old, without even checking the contents of the PM).

...I'm assuming they never contacted you, Nagato?

On an unrelated note, I also got similar requests for help in translations of Nanashi no Game into other languages. Like, um... I think Spanish was one of them. A lot of people really assumed I was the hacker in the project! However, whenever I referred people to go contact Nagato, I never got a response back...

11. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't he only work on Tales of games? I'm not sure if he'd be interested in horror games.

I don't recall ever getting a message like that about Nanashi no Game Me. The only messages I've received have been people asking to translate Nanashi no Game into languages other than English.

12. Sora de Eclaune

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    I got all sorts of strange messages from people. One of my friends even asked if I had "the nng tool where you insert a rom and the game translates itself". Thankfully, I deduced that one to be a request for the application that inserts the patch into the ROM and not one of the fabled tools that can fan translate any game by itself at the press of a button.

I don't get messages about the game anymore, other than the occasional "Did you make the Nanashi translation? Great work, please translate Nanashi 2." People have SOMEHOW deduced that my primary email is also very rarely used for IM and they would rather IM me about it while I'm offline, rant about how I should be replying to them (when I'm offline and not receiving messages?), and never contact me ever again than just use email or PM on GBAtemp.

13. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Who knows? Asking him doesn't hurt. I don't think he visits gbatemp very often so I'm not sure if he is aware of this thread. Also there are other translators there, the ones that translate Tales of Vesperia. Maybe one of them is interested in a little side project. I suggest creating a thread there and/or ask in their IRC.

14. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Necrobump!

See the first post for an entirely unexpected update! A majority of the game has been translated. The main thing now is that the text be inserted back into the game before things can continue.

15. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    awesome :D Good luck, everyone!

16. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    I updated the first post with more information about the LP series. Here's the relevant bits:

The SomethingAwful thread about the LP for Nanashi no Game: Me that Rat and Panzer helped make can be found here.
    The first video in the LP series can also be found here.

If you're curious about how the translation turned out then check out the LP!

snapman and Lycanroc like this.
  17. eleriador

eleriador Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    GREAT!!!!!:toot:

18. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    To see this project still alive & kicking is awesome, thanks so much for your persistence Nagato!

19. Alchemilla

Alchemilla GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Toluca Lake
    Fucking a guys, no one told me about this? Your all crazy mofos! I can't believe no one told me about this!

I got an r4 if you need a tester, Naggy! Or if you don't need a tester! I just want to play this!

20. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I didn't even know that Nanashi no Game had a sequel, double good news for the uninformed me.
    Thread on watch.- :grog: