Country
Ecuador

rushfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so........where we at?how long you figure on releasing this patched game?its been pushing a year now, you'd think you were developing a ps3 game,at least you could give us up to date news.its been at least a month and a half with no new news,

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so........where we at?how long you figure on releasing this patched game?its been pushing a year now, you'd think you were developing a ps3 game,at least you could give us up to date news.its been at least a month and a half with no new news,

Wow have you ever translated something?
If you have you would know that translations always lose some kind of meaning, so they have to go back and edit any translations that they have so they make sense.
As you can tell from the above post, the translators do have lives outside of the translation.
If you are so hard up and want to play the game go learn Japanese so you do not need the translation.

Reactions: 2 people

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's because I'm the one holding back the project from proceeding. Everyone else involved in the project has done their part, or is waiting for me to finish my part so they can do theirs. There's a sequence of events that has to occur in the correct order if we are to do this patch correctly. Phoenix Goddess is anxious to insert the translated text into the patch to begin beta testing but I keep telling her to hold off until I'm done editing. It's no one else's fault but mine.

Just about all of it is translated, but the story text and tutorials need to be edited. At this point I'm the only one who can do that because it requires someone with a relatively high level of Japanese proficiency and has played the game for context to check the English translations against the Japanese text in order to avoid losing anying in translation. I want the story to be as close to the original Japanese as possible, still hold all the relevant context and still sound like natural English rather than "translated Japanese." DS1, the only other person besides me who is qualified for that task, is working double-shifts at his real-life job and has been sick for a while.

And to be honest I haven't had time to do much work on it lately because one thing keeps coming up after another in real life that requires my attention. I just have the good sense not to post about every excuse I have for not updating. If there's anyone who can attest to that, it would be @[member='Toni Plutonij']. He's the only one who really knows the shit I've been going through these past few months. And let me tell you, I've gone through some shit.

We're not some rag-tag group that Googletard-translates everything and slaps it together to call it a "translation." And we all know about commitment. Like I said, everyone else involved with this project has done their job, has done it well, and the rest hinges on me to do my part. This project hasn't been abandoned. It will be finished. I feel like all of my most recent posts on this thread consist of me saying the same thing. Should I post every other day saying "we're still working on it?" Because that doesn't sound news-worthy to me.

Reactions: 11 people

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Keep doing what you're doing. I know you're just trying to make this translation the best you can, and I enjoy that kind of commitment from people.

Also, I think this project is getting like the Tales of Innocence project, where everyone was nagging that it was taking more than 2 days to release a 100% complete patch.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
its been pushing a year now, you'd think you were developing a ps3 game
a ps3 games will take less time considering that it's your JOB to do it.
+ seriously stop complaining that's just boring, they're not slaves, they don't even have to give answers...

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
its been pushing a year now, you'd think you were developing a ps3 game
a ps3 games will take less time considering that it's your JOB to do it.
+ seriously stop complaining that's just boring, they're not slaves, they don't even have to give answers...
A more system-appropriate phrase would have been "It's been pushing a year now. You'd think they were developing Bob's Game."

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games tend to take AT LEAST 3 years to develop nowadays, but that's not really the point here. The gist of Densetsu's post above is "I've been busy and can't work on the translation a lot recently". But, seriously, Densetsu, Phoenix, and the others are working on this project FOR FREE, simply because they like this game SO MUCH they think we should have a shot at playing it. They don't owe you a schedule, or a release date, or constant news updates, or a DAMN THING, let alone the translation patch you're whining about them taking "too long" to complete. They have lives, too.

We're not some rag-tag group that Googletard-translates everything and slaps it together to call it a "translation." And we all know about commitment. Like I said, everyone else involved with this project has done their job, has done it well, and the rest hinges on me to do my part. This project hasn't been abandoned. It will be finished. I feel like all of my most recent posts on this thread consist of me saying the same thing. Should I post every other day saying "we're still working on it?" Because that doesn't sound news-worthy to me.
Good. Keep up the good work, and don't waste time posting updates when there isn't any significant news, just to cater to the vocal minority. Honestly, you're doing more than I would be if I were heading a translation project by even reading the comments here.

Reactions: 4 people

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello just saying thanks to the team for still doing this just read most of the post over like the last 10 pages (i have to much time on my hands someone give me a job plz) but yeah thanks for not letting all the neg post make you want to forget about this project because you guys must have worked so hard on this.

But as always thanks and well wishes to you all.

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully this helps.

/cast Finish Project [target= Blood of Bahamut]
This will help more:
/cast 36H per day!

Though, don't spend the additional time only on your job! :teach:
(Though, it will save lives).

Well, good luck to both your job/school and all you want to do.

just cast haste on them :P thats always helps XD

key2113

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for translating this game , i really want to play thiS , i cant wait ! xD, please do hurry haha ! - :ha:

-

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll cast meteor on the next one who says 'PLEASE DO HURRY' or something along the lines.

yeah and every knows that holy never blocks that anyway XD "oh look a huge rock on fire is fall from the sky its ok i have a shiny stone" (casts holy nothing happens) "well that sucks"

Reactions: 1 person

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll cast meteor on the next one who says 'PLEASE DO HURRY' or something along the lines.
sorry haha , i'm just new at this site and i didnt imagine to see this that's why im excited xDDDDD :yay:

Welcome to the Temp! :grog:

Oh just realized . . . . . . . YAY This is my 100th post!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel