ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
when using the "Mood Matrix" kinds of themes, the home menu renders a some kind of 3d model with the simple background and the top screen image as textures, i wasn't able to find a way of doing that in c# (and i'm lazy), so those themes can't be rendered in the simulator, another draw type not suported is solid color, for now don't use the simulator for this kind of themes

now i'll check the MH theme to see why

EDIT: Ops just checked, the top screen image get replaced by the simulator because i swapped the data, also, looks like the MH theme uses a different size for the simple image, i don't think i can fix this, i'll try
Thanks a lot for your efforts!

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot for your efforts!
No wait ! Have you seen the theme on a real 3ds ? there isn't an image in the background, that pseudo-image that we see in yata is just the top screen image wrongly loaded,because in the body_LZ.bin the offset fot that image is set to 0 (the starting of the file) so YATA loads the header and a part of the first image as an image, i can solve this bug

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No wait ! Have you seen the theme on a real 3ds ? there isn't an image in the background, that pseudo-image that we see in yata is just the top screen image wrongly loaded,because in the body_LZ.bin the offset fot that image is set to 0 (the starting of the file) so YATA loads the header and a part of the first image as an image, i can solve this bug
Wow, really! :O So I can make themes with YATA+ that only has one floating image?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow, really! :O So I can make themes with YATA+ that only has one floating image?
Looks like the 3ds supports them, for now you can't, wait for the new version, until then you could try to set as background an empty image (full transparent)

EDIT: I added only this two things, just a bit of testing and i can release it, maybe tomorrow

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Looks like the 3ds supports them, for now you can't, wait for the new version, until then you could try to set as background an empty image (full transparent)

EDIT: I added only this two things, just a bit of testing and i can release it, maybe tomorrow
That was fast, thanks!

KidNowSquidNow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble with the bottom screen images? After I save, they become corrupted like this. It's not just on my 3DS - it corrupts when I save it because if I reopen it, the picture looks just like that.
This is the picture I imported for the top. This is the picture it turns into.
I found this really odd and no one has posted about it. I was using 1.3 but I updated to 1.3.1 and it's still happening.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is anyone else having trouble with the bottom screen images? After I save, they become corrupted like this. It's not just on my 3DS - it corrupts when I save it because if I reopen it, the picture looks just like that.
This is the picture I imported for the top. This is the picture it turns into.
I found this really odd and no one has posted about it. I was using 1.3 but I updated to 1.3.1 and it's still happening.

You must set the Bottom screen frame type to flipbook in the theme settings before saving

orinsh10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello!
so i have a problem.
i took a wad file and converted to the right format using that conventor on YATA+
and on 3dmennu_extradata it shows succsess installing both sound and body...
everything works perfect exept...no sound.
nothing is playing!
i checked and loop is selected.
what to do?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello!
so i have a problem.
i took a wad file and converted to the right format using that conventor on YATA+
and on 3dmennu_extradata it shows succsess installing both sound and body...
everything works perfect exept...no sound.
nothing is playing!
i checked and loop is selected.
what to do?

In YATA in the theme settings, make sure the flag "Enable use of bgm" is checked

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it is checked! i dont get it!
no backround sound at all

When you converted the wav to bcstm, did you try to play the music from the converter ? , another user today had the problem that in the converter he didn't hear the sound, try to convert the file to wav (even if it is a wav arleady) with format factory and then reconvert it in bcstm with yata

Last edited by exelix11,

orinsh10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
When you converted the wav to bcstm, did you try to play the music from the converter ? , another user today had the problem that in the converter he didn't hear the sound, try to convert the file to wav (even if it is a wav arleady) with format factory and then reconvert it in bcstm with yata
i can hear.
i will try now to boot trough chmm

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers for making an easy to use theme editor that works consistently with most or all of the necessary starter documentation on board. Seriously though, this is the only editor I've managed to get working properly. And that's INCLUDING the original YATA.

If I had to make any suggestions, it would be to have the folders show up on the preview screen. :)

EDIT: Just noticed that's a planned feature in the OP. Neat.

Last edited by Vahkiti,

geog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm pretty new at all of this. I could not download that .NET framework cause I have a more recent version, I assume that's alright. I also have windows media player. However when I open the extracted folder I can't find any file that I can run. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but any help is appreciated. Thanks, and sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
Am7nDHP.png

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I'm pretty new at all of this. I could not download that .NET framework cause I have a more recent version, I assume that's alright. I also have windows media player. However when I open the extracted folder I can't find any file that I can run. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but any help is appreciated. Thanks, and sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

SNIPPED

You downloaded the source, not the binary. I'm guessing you got that from the Github link, but you'd best just use the attachments on the OP.

KnightXR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
-------------------------------------------------
msg: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
InnerException
Source:System.Windows.Forms
StackTrace:   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
   at YATA.Form1.InitializeComponent()
   at YATA.Form1..ctor()
StackTrace:System.Object CoCreateInstance(System.Guid ByRef, System.Object, Int32, System.Guid ByRef)

All versions after v1.0 have this error, I do have all the requirements the 1st post specified though this error has poped up in every version after the first release.

Last edited by KnightXR,

Lital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Adding the "folder back button" option gives me a purple button. Editing it's color it continues to remain purple.
I think I figured it out. Red and Blue channels might be reversed on the Folder Arrow.

Further testing yielded different results. All the channels might just be out of whack in general.

Nailed it. RGB is actually GBR for some reason...

Last edited by Lital,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If you butter the bread and make it like grilled cheese it's delicious