ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i just downloaded 1.1 and it doesn't open at all. :(
No errors, no nothin'...
Windows 8.1

When loading YATA+ 1.1 checks for updates, if you have a slow connection it will take a while to open, if it's very slow, disconnect from internet and open yata, then go to the preferences and disable the auto check for updates

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry, maybe I'm not smart enough, but I have problems with this otherwise wonderful app.
I have the CTR WaveConverter, put it into YATA+'s folder with all its DLLs and BATs, but when I try to convert with YATA+, only cmd shows briefly, YATA+ says Done!, but the BCWAV file isn't there.
My second problem is that I dumped a BCWAV from a theme, injected into mine (even for the same event, Open 3DS). When I play it back in YATA+ it sounds perfect, but of my 3DS, only noises come when I open it. (The BGM starts afterwards though.)
Again, I'm so sorry for reporting bugs all the time, must be pretty annoying for you, who spent so much time on this app. :(

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, maybe I'm not smart enough, but I have problems with this otherwise wonderful app.
I have the CTR WaveConverter, put it into YATA+'s folder with all its DLLs and BATs, but when I try to convert with YATA+, only cmd shows briefly, YATA+ says Done!, but the BCWAV file isn't there.
My second problem is that I dumped a BCWAV from a theme, injected into mine (even for the same event, Open 3DS). When I play it back in YATA+ it sounds perfect, but of my 3DS, only noises come when I open it. (The BGM starts afterwards though.)
Again, I'm so sorry for reporting bugs all the time, must be pretty annoying for you, who spent so much time on this app. :(

The WAV to CWAV converter is a cmd app, so YATA can't check if the file was converted or not, it just says done when the converter closes, maybe the path to the converter or to the cwav file, or the wav file contains some characters that aren't supported by the cmd try to put everything in a path without special characters or spaces (actually the cmd support spaces, but remove them to be sure).
If it still won't work open a cmd in the folder where the converter is and run this command:
Code:
CTR_WaveConverter32.exe -o *the output cwav file* *the input wav file*

For the open 3ds bcwav i dont'know why, there are still many things unknown in the cwav section of a theme, maybe this cwav uses a flag not implemented in yata, try converting it to wav and then again in cwav

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The WAV to CWAV converter is a cmd app, so YATA can't check if the file was converted or not, it just says done when the converter closes, maybe the path to the converter or to the cwav file, or the wav file contains some characters that aren't supported by the cmd try to put everything in a path without special characters or spaces (actually the cmd support spaces, but remove them to be sure).
If it still won't work open a cmd in the folder where the converter is and run this command:
Code:
CTR_WaveConverter32.exe -o *the output cwav file* *the input wav file*

For the open 3ds bcwav i dont'know why, there are still many things unknown in the cwav section of a theme, maybe this cwav uses a flag not implemented in yata, try converting it to wav and then again in cwav
Thanks! I'll try it out in a minute! Speaking of BCWAVs, do you know anything about the strange scrolling BCWAV in the Fire Emblem themes?

EDIT: BCWAV conversation worked! You should perform the conversion command in YATA+ with "s like this:
CTR_WaveConverter32.exe -o "*the output cwav file*" "*the input wav file*"
This way it supports spaces!
EDIT2: But even after the BCWAV -> WAV -> BCWAV again conversion chain it isn't working. Only noises when I open the 3DS.[emoji17]

Last edited by SomeGamer,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks! I'll try it out in a minute! Speaking of BCWAVs, do you know anything about the strange scrolling BCWAV in the Fire Emblem themes?

EDIT: BCWAV conversation worked! You should perform the conversion command in YATA+ with "s like this:
CTR_WaveConverter32.exe -o "*the output cwav file*" "*the input wav file*"
This way it supports spaces!
EDIT2: But even after the BCWAV -> WAV -> BCWAV again conversion chain it isn't working. Only noises when I open the 3DS.[emoji17]

For the fire emblem cwavs I did some experiments but I didn't accomplished nothing, also I thought I added the quotes in the paths for the conversion then I'll check.
Don't know why the sound doesn't work, there must be some unknowns flags, try to add it in an empty theme (File -> new)

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have in the same folder of YATA+ "Interop.WMPLib.dll" and "AxInterop.WMPLib.dll" ?
If you do try to delete the settings.ini file and then open YATA
Yeah those 2 files are there. Tried with settings.ini and without after a reboot and still the same, doesn't open at all.
Previous version opens fine though.

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the work on improving YATA! The whole process is a lot smoother and the program itself appears to be a lot more stable as I haven't had any bricking issues. That said, have you found the offsets for the folder arrow? It's a pain to hunt down themes that have the color I'm looking for, so hopefully we can edit the color ourselves soon. :)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks again for the work on improving YATA! The whole process is a lot smoother and the program itself appears to be a lot more stable as I haven't had any bricking issues. That said, have you found the offsets for the folder arrow? It's a pain to hunt down themes that have the color I'm looking for, so hopefully we can edit the color ourselves soon. :)

Everything that i do is from the information on 3dbrew, for the folder arrow we know an offset that point to some data that somehow affect the color, is still unknown how to change that color

64bit windows 8.1 pro
I have the same configuration on my other pc and it works, i'll se what i can do.

Reactions: Septimo

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm having trouble getting all the sfx sounds to work. If I add only the open 3ds cwav it works but If I add more sounds then the other sounds work but not the open 3ds one so I have to choose between having sounds or having the open 3ds sound only. I also noticed that even if my bottom image is scrollable and set to Flipbook tile when I try to put sounds for the bottom screen frame 2 and 3 (Frame 1 Works) and try to import the CWAV chunk I get this error: This theme is not set to include a animated bottom screen, the sounds for the frames won't be imported.

Everything else works like a charm. I think I'm doing something wrong. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

I've tried making the wav files with the following settings before converting and still it's not working :sad:

PCM unsigned 8-bit
Sampling rate: 8000 hz
Audio channels: mono

Last edited by JJTapia19,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having trouble getting all the sfx sounds to work. If I add only the open 3ds cwav it works but If I add more sounds then the other sounds work but not the open 3ds one so I have to choose between having sounds or having the open 3ds sound only. I also noticed that even if my bottom image is scrollable and set to Flipbook tile when I try to put sounds for the bottom screen frame 2 and 3 (Frame 1 Works) and try to import the CWAV chunk I get this error: This theme is not set to include a animated bottom screen, the sounds for the frames won't be imported.

Everything else works like a charm. I think I'm doing something wrong. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

I've tried making the wav files with the following settings before converting and still it's not working :sad:

PCM unsigned 8-bit

Ops, bugs everywhere,i'll fix them soon, try to use custom cwav for now.

Reactions: JJTapia19

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
An user suggested to make some videos about how to make themes, I can make them but only if they will be useful to many people and not only a few users, if you want me to make those videos vote in the poll of the YATA+'s guide thread (you'll find the link in the first post)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

PCM unsigned 8-bit

Also, could you try the first version of yata+ for the top screen thing, because i changed a few things and maybe i haven't fully tested them, if from the first version of yata+ works i'll put back the old importer

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Also, could you try the first version of yata+ for the top screen thing, because i changed a few things and maybe i haven't fully tested them, if from the first version of yata+ works i'll put back the old importer
Ok I'll try and report back but I wont be able try until tomorrow because I won't have my pc. I know there must be a way around the bug because I've seen custom themes with all the sounds working properly. Maybe that will work. Thanks.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just tested Yata + first version and I'm still getting the same problem :( Open 3ds sound does not work when I add other sounds like move cursor's sound or any other. It works when I set open 3ds sound alone without other sounds :sad:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw