ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Now i'm on windows 10 but till yesterday i was developing YATA+ on windows 8.1 and it worked, now i'm setting up a virtual machine to see if this problem is windows itself.
Does someone other have this problem too ?
I almost forgot that it's a tablet. But no other programs do this.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just tried on my Mediacom windows 8.1 tablet, it works, the only thing that i think is that you have a somehow old version of the .net 4 ,or the touch screen of your tablet is inaccurate....

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Just tried on my Mediacom windows 8.1 tablet, it works, the only thing that i think is that you have a somehow old version of the .net 4 ,or the touch screen of your tablet is inaccurate....
Now works flawlessly, strange. As a feature request, may I suggest drag and drop? Oh, and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but you forgot to remind users in Image Size menu to rotate animated images 90 degrees.
EDIT: Odd, I just got an exception while importing an animated top screen image. 64x64, png, transparent and white. And another in CWAVs dumper cleaning up phase. And when saving the theme. It says it can't access send_dump.bin, because an other process is using it.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now works flawlessly, strange. As a feature request, may I suggest drag and drop? Oh, and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but you forgot to remind users in Image Size menu to rotate animated images 90 degrees.
EDIT: Odd, I just got an exception while importing an animated top screen image. 64x64, png, transparent and white.

Ops, i forgot to add the 90 degrees thing, by the way the the simple background must be 64x64 grayscale and rotated by 90 degrees too.

what kind of exception ?

I already thought about adding drag and drop, but I don't know how so....

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ops, i forgot to add the 90 degrees thing, by the way the the simple background must be 64x64 grayscale and rotated by 90 degrees too.

what kind of exception ?

I already thought about adding drag and drop, but I don't know how so....
So, from what I could figure out, YATA doesn't close the files it opens properly.

Crusard

Trophies
XP
Country
gifsparacomentar33_zps1d8f5797.gif

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Could someone please explain to me how to get the desired folder icon colors on the 3ds? In Yata + I see an alternate version of the folder Icon color and I have tried different things like inverting the color I want and I still can't get the color I want in the 3ds. I don't see anyone talking about this problem and I'm getting really frustrated. :sad: Thanks in advanced!

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could someone please explain to me how to get the desired folder icon colors on the 3ds? In Yata + I see an alternate version of the folder Icon color and I have tried different things like inverting the color I want and I still can't get the color I want in the 3ds. I don't see anyone talking about this problem and I'm getting really frustrated. :sad: Thanks in advanced!

For the folder icon you must import an image for both the closed and opened image, for the 3D folder icon on the top screen you must change the "3D folder" option in the theme settings, and for the files in the folder icon (on the bottom screen) you must change the "Files" option, be sure to enable in the flags "Enable 3D folder color", "Enable custom folder" and "Enable folder file color".

any options for CIA Injections?

Not yet.

Koschei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please explain me how to get the desired folder icon colors on the 3ds? In Yata + I see an alternate version of the folder Icon color and I have tried different things like inverting the color I want and I still can't get the color I want in the 3ds I don't see anyone talking about this problem and I'm getting really frustrated. :sad: Thanks in advanced!

I use gimp, but I think it's a similar process in photoshop as well.
  1. Colors -> Components -> Channel Mixer
  2. In Output Channel: Red, change red to 0 and blue to 100.
  3. Use the dropdown menu to change to Output Channel: Blue, change blue to 0 and red to 100.
Images

EDIT: Just use yata+ v1.1 instead

Last edited by Koschei,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
  3. Use the dropdown menu to change to Output Channel: Blue, change blue to 0 and red to 100.
Images
I checked and I had all the folder options enabled in theme settings. I'm installing gimp now. Hope your method works :) thanks!

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Images

Wait, you were talking about this problem ? :
@exelix11

Why in YATA+, even the first YATA by Rey, I see my folders and borders like this?
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/30/1437679818-bluecolor.png

And good with EveryFileExplorer?
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/30/1437679821-normalcolor.png

If yes, it was solved with yata+ 1.1

Reactions: Koschei

Koschei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the theme loaded when you hit "file->new" has a matching folder back arrow color, I was wondering how you got that since the option in settings doesn't seem to do anything. In my first theme I ended up just reworking an existing theme that had the correct arrow color.

Some notes for the two settings missing them:

Bottom solid
1. Upper empty slot shading
2. Main Color
3. Bottom empty slot shading
4. ???

Bottom outer
1. Horizontal stripes behind bottom buttons
2. Main Color
3. Shadowing near right and left edges

EDIT: Oh, bottom solid 4 is "shadow/glow around folder area" according to this page. I suspected that much, but I couldn't isolate it by making everything else black/white. It should be the slight coloration around the entire center block in this case.

Last edited by Koschei,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed the theme loaded when you hit "file->new" has a matching folder back arrow color, I was wondering how you got that since the option in settings doesn't seem to do anything. In my first theme I ended up just reworking an existing theme that had the correct arrow color.

Some notes for the two settings missing them:

Bottom solid
1. Upper empty slot shading
2. Main Color
3. Bottom empty slot shading
4. ???

Bottom outer
1. Horizontal stripes behind bottom buttons
2. Main Color
3. Shadowing near right and left edges

EDIT: Oh, bottom solid 4 is "shadow/glow around folder area" according to this page. I suspected that much, but I couldn't isolate it by making everything else black/white. It should be the slight coloration around the entire center block in this case.

actually i don't know why, i built the empty template by using another theme, from 3dbrew:
the offset where the position of the arrow color is a "Offset to a 0x20-byte block. Related to the colour of the back arrow in folders.", i don't know how to use this,because it doesn't give other information, in the original yata it was implemented so i left it.

Also thanks for the colors descriptions !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction