Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes!! Lol

Anyway, I've got a question. Does this app have to download the payload everytime? Because my internet is very limited at this moment and it would be nice if it only needed to download the payload once.
It will download it everytime unless you hold Y while launching it.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there an updated CIA for the Homebrew Launcher in which we can go to back to the Home Menu by just pressing the Home Button?

The button combo to go back breaks things in the system (like sleep mode and some N3DS features), so it leaves no other option but to reboot the system afterwards.
It's really annoying. :/

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there an updated CIA for the Homebrew Launcher in which we can go to back to the Home Menu by just pressing the Home Menu?

The button combo to go back breaks things in the system (like sleep mode and some N3DS features), so it leaves no other option but to reboot the system afterwards.
It's really annoying. :/

Nope.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What I'd like to know is why it's tied to the payload. Is it at all possible to just have a homebrew launcher that allows us to have our home menu intact? Oo

My guess is yellows8 took the path of least resistance, since it'd be easier to set up a payload loader that does it. I would venture a guess that it's possible to install a service that runs in the background that can run 3dsx files, since CIAs can ask for anything, but it'd be a fair bit more work. Ninjhax 1.1b had a service that was installed that ran 3dsx files, if I remember correctly. Perhaps it can be adapted for CIA usage (install service when ran, load initial 3dsx file such as the homebrew grid launcher, and off you go).

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Does anyone have problems with the latest homebrewlauncher which was released 12 days ago? When I launch the .CIA I will get an error telling me to restart the 3DS. I tried deleting the payload and press Y to download a new one, but I still get the same error. emuNAND is @ 10.5. I can launch it through CtrBootManager, but not through emuNAND. ._.;

Last edited by fr3quency,

chainsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have problems with the latest homebrewlauncher which was released 12 days ago? When I launch the .CIA I will get an error telling me to restart the 3DS. I tried deleting the payload and press Y to download a new one, but I still get the same error. emuNAND is @ 10.5. I can launch it through CtrBootManager, but not through emuNAND. ._.;
I had that happen too, however holding X and Y together fixed it - downloading a new payload, and ignoring the saved one. YRMV

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue was rather specific... I updated Cver and Nver which technically changed my firmware version to 10.5.0-30, despite the rest of my emunand being 9.2.0-20 files. The homebrew cia launcher mistook my firmware for the updated version and failed to find the updated 10.5.0-30 payload and kept on throwing the "an error has occurred" message when I launched it.

I forced it to re-download with y, and once that didn't work I checked my sd card and found the issue. So, I went and renamed the original 9.2.0-20 payload to match the 10.5.0-30 payload, and replaced the new downloaded one with the renamed old one. It works again.

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install this cia on sysnand because I'd like to use it to launch rxtools
Would CtrBootManager work? It starts when you boot up your 3ds and allows you to select between whatever CFW you have and Homebrew Launcher.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would CtrBootManager work? It starts when you boot up your 3ds and allows you to select between whatever CFW you have and Homebrew Launcher.
ya, i'm having trouble setting it up, any tips, youtube videos, or tutorials? i need gateway, rxtools, and homebrew on bootmanager

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm o3ds 9.2.0 with 10.5 EmuNAND (without any kind of flashcarts) and when I opened the .cia, it flashes red and black... WHY?

I've access to homebrew with menuhax without problems but with the .cia is? Ironic.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If someone could help me with a question.
I can't get HBL Launcher works with a O3DS 9.2.0-12U
It's always give me a error after first yellow screen. I alredy tried everything. Clean and reset browser etc.

But When i update 9.2.0-12U to 9.2.0-20U it's works very well.

So there is something worh with my -12U?

Because I update the O3DS with Smash Bross. From 6.X to 9.2.0-*U

And i update 9.2.0-12U to 9.2.0-20U using system Restore from gateway ( After extract Nand from a emunand )

Why i can't lauch HBL Launcher with -12u? If website has a -12U ropping?

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If someone could help me with a question.
I can't get HBL Launcher works with a O3DS 9.2.0-12U
It's always give me a error after first yellow screen. I alredy tried everything. Clean and reset browser etc.

But When i update 9.2.0-12U to 9.2.0-20U it's works very well.

So there is something worh with my -12U?

Because I update the O3DS with Smash Bross. From 6.X to 9.2.0-*U

And i update 9.2.0-12U to 9.2.0-20U using system Restore from gateway ( After extract Nand from a emunand )

Why i can't lauch HBL Launcher with -12u? If website has a -12U ropping?

I think updating with a cartridge doesn't give you the proper browser with the exploit.

I'm o3ds 9.2.0 with 10.5 EmuNAND (without any kind of flashcarts) and when I opened the .cia, it flashes red and black... WHY?

I've access to homebrew with menuhax without problems but with the .cia is? Ironic.

Is the .cia game an eshop game/version?
If yes then go find the game in the eshop and just check the page for it. It'll load correctly this time.

Reactions: KytuzuEX

chainsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't set up coldboot with a -12U.

I was so happy was easy to update from 6.x to 9.2 with SSB. I think not it's so easy like we want :(
With SSB you can set up hax though? You may be able to boot into Pasta mode and then install a CIA of the browser? Or use FBI 3dsx to install it maybe?

Edit: DO PLEASE BE CAREFUL THOUGH. Remember messing with CIA installs on NAND/sysNAND files can brick your 3DS.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With SSB you can set up hax though? You may be able to boot into Pasta mode and then install a CIA of the browser? Or use FBI 3dsx to install it maybe?

It's will work if i install HBL into sysNAND with RXtools?

I meaning run HBL sysNAND and set ColdBoot? Or even like you say update browser from -12 to -20 with a .cia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?