FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this is just a super simple tool I decided to write up because I was either blind or there was no simple way to just get the wiiu gamepad touchscreen to work as a mouse on PC that was at least somewhat recent and didnt have much lag, so I made my own:
https://github.com/FIX94/WiiUGamepadToMouse
See the "releases" tab for a executable and the README at the bottom for the button mappings and all that.

All you need to run on the WiiU side is USendMii-Client because I just used the same protocol as USendMii does for simplicity:
https://github.com/Crayon2000/UsendMii-Client

I hope that maybe some of you will find this useful for some applications, I havent tested it out too much so you'll see how much works with it. Not sure if this would run on anything besides windows, its written in C# and .Net Framework 3.5.

MlL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having some difficulty operating this software. I got UsendMii working fine, and I was able to start your software using administrator, and I read the readme, but it doesnt clarify how your program interfaces with UsendMii. I tried pressing start server and it says server started but its still not recieving input from either UsendMii or the Wii U, does it use the same IP adress in the internet browser or does this solution require to homebrew version of UsendMii? I am a little confused how to use it because I can't set the server IP in your program. How does it interface with UsendMii? I have got that working but the readme didnt say how to connect the wii-u gamepad input to the program. I can try and explain further if this doesnt make sense

Last edited by MlL,

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am having some difficulty operating this software. I got UsendMii working fine, and I was able to start your software using administrator, and I read the readme, but it doesnt clarify how your program interfaces with UsendMii. I tried pressing start server and it says server started but its still not recieving input from either UsendMii or the Wii U, does it use the same IP adress in the internet browser or does this solution require to homebrew version of UsendMii?
I think he is not active on here anymore. Maybe just give the homebrew version a try and carefully read on github

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am having some difficulty operating this software. I got UsendMii working fine, and I was able to start your software using administrator, and I read the readme, but it doesnt clarify how your program interfaces with UsendMii. I tried pressing start server and it says server started but its still not recieving input from either UsendMii or the Wii U, does it use the same IP adress in the internet browser or does this solution require to homebrew version of UsendMii? I am a little confused how to use it because I can't set the server IP in your program. How does it interface with UsendMii? I have got that working but the readme didnt say how to connect the wii-u gamepad input to the program. I can try and explain further if this doesnt make sense
You need to load the homebrew version on your console, set the computer IP on the wiiu and then load the software on your PC. It worked fine for me.

pearlfect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Appreciate that FIX94 isn't active here anymore and so I probably won't get any help on this but I figured it's worth a shot anyway. I'm doing the steps above in the exact order (Wii U Homebrew app launch -> Start server in Usendmii -> Start Gamepad to Mouse) but all that happens is GamepadToMouse just shuts itself down and closes. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've tried with both USendMii 0.3.0 and 1.0.0 - both provide the same result.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1