Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one hell of a program. Great work. Thank you. This is how all the tools need to be. no required command line. I understand the command lines but damn command line cant hold to a candle to this.
The only problem so far is it crashes if you try to install to a network drive..

Last edited by Captain_N,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06 Thanks for the great tool! Unfortunately, I'm running into a bit of a problem. I download and install the 'Updater.exe' tool and upon running and selecting the directory to install to, it crashed. I'm presented with the "It stopped working message." I'm on Windows 10, running as admin, and blocked it in my AV. I've read a few of the earlier replies also mentioning the same problem. I don't have a folder in my appdata to delete. And upon creating a dump, the file is over 200 mB in size. Would you happen to have any other suggestions on what I could try to get it working? I've tried running in compatibility as well.

EDIT: Ok it appears to be working now. What I did was this:
I had the 'Updater.exe' placed in D:\Users\Me\Downloads\Games\Wii U\USB Helper directory on my secondary drive, apart from my OS installation (on C b/c it's a solid state).
No matter how many times I tried to install to that same directory of D:\Users\Me\Downloads\Games\Wii U\USB Helper it would just keep crashing.
Well I decided to try a diff directory, and in the same installation drive as my OS. I installed to C:\Program Files (x86) and after a few admin privilege prompts it downloaded and installed just fine!

Any idea why installing to a different drive/non-program files path would cause it to crash? And why did creating a dump of it make it over 200 mB?
Thanks again for the app.

EDIT 2: It appears that selecting the download location path seems to work fine so far when selected on a secondary drive. I also encountered a bug with pasting that title key's website in the prompt. Pasting it direct after clicking in the box seems to accept it right away. Deleting the text that states to paste it is not necessary. Kinda looks funny. Just a suggestion but if a user clicks in that box to paste a link, you should attempt to make it delete the text already inside the box.

Another point...how do I uninstall this application? I have no plans as it seems like a great application!!! But what if I wanted to? Can I just delete the install directory? Or are some other files required to be deleted?

EDIT 3: Nevermind, it seems as if I can't select a download folder on my D drive instead of C. It defaults to a DATA folder on my desktop instead. Kind of annoying. But still a great tool nonetheless!
The current version of the installer cannot install the application in the same folder as the executable, that is because, during the installation process, the updater is copied to the destination directory and then is executed from there except that this time it will know it's installed and won't ask for a location anymore. So just keep the updater.exe in your usual Download directory, execute it and chose where you want to install it and then you can remove the updater.exe from the Download directory. (Not applicable anymore)
As for how to uninstall it it's very easy, the installer does not create any registry key or different directory so you can just remove the directory. (You may want to clear the app cache in %appdata%USB_HELPER/ too).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is one hell of a program. Great work. Thank you. This is how all the tools need to be. no required command line. I understand the command lines but damn command line cant hold to a candle to this.
The only problem so far is it crashes if you try to install to a network drive..

Last edited by Hikari06,

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi

why a lot of USA games have DLC but PAL games have not ؟
Can i install DLC(USA) on EUR game by mocha ?

Another question
Why these two games is low size
new super mario bros 1.5 GB
new super luigi 1.5 GB

But this game size is 15 GB : new super mario bros + new super luigi 15 GB
Is there something more for this game (15GB) ?

thanks

D

Deleted User

hi

why a lot of USA games have DLC but PAL games have not ؟
Can i install DLC(USA) on EUR game by mocha ?

Another question
Why these two games is low size
new super mario bros 1.5 GB
new super luigi 1.5 GB

But this game size is 15 GB : new super mario bros + new super luigi 15 GB
Is there something more for this game (15GB) ?

thanks
NSMB+NSLU includes special videos of challenge replays and other stuff. Thus why it's larger.
Nope, you can ony install ex.PAL DLC for PAL Game. If you install PAL DLC for NTSC game, it will not work.

arlight1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current version of the installer cannot install the application in the same folder as the executable, that is because, during the installation process, the updater is copied to the destination directory and then is executed from there except that this time it will know it's installed and won't ask for a location anymore. So just keep the updater.exe in your usual Download directory, execute it and chose where you want to install it and then you can remove the updater.exe from the Download directory.
As for how to uninstall it it's very easy, the installer does not create any registry key or different directory so you can just remove the directory. (You may want to clear the app cache in %appdata%USB_HELPER/ too).

Gotcha! Well I got it to install in the end. But for newcomers a suggestion might be to mention the different updater folder location from install location. Maybe in the first page post, or when the error occurs. In any case, I also got it to download games in my other directory on my secondary drive, D. Works great :) Thanks again, this is awesome!!!

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can i use this to get the uptade for games and install in intertal wii u disc? on Mocha CFW using from Web, and homebrew.

I have manually download the uptade for some games on wiiu but when i try to install the donkey kong tropical freeze uptade v16, installed but the game freeze at the beginer and don't say v1.1 , then i try with uTikDownloadHelper uptade that the size was double like 52mb. But when install that, before the game beggin, says to uptade the game, then try to uptade with the wiiu and the uptade was install in my usb and gets error, but then reboot the wiiu, try the game on the internal disc wiiu and works with the uptade :/

Can i put the archives of the uptade in the folder of the game before install the game, and then the game is install with the uptade at once?.
Need to put all the uptades that come for the game or with the last one is Enough?.

Last edited by Henceforth,
D

Deleted User

Can i use this to get the uptade for games and install in intertal wii u disc? on Mocha CFW using from Web, and homebrew.

I have manually download the uptade for some games on wiiu but when i try to install the donkey kong tropical freeze uptade v16, installed but the game freeze at the beginer and don't say v1.1 , then i try with uTikDownloadHelper uptade that the size was double like 52mb. But when install that, before the game beggin, says to uptade the game, then try to uptade with the wiiu and the uptade was install in my usb and gets error, but then reboot the wiiu, try the game on the internal disc wiiu and works with the uptade :/

Can i put the archives of the uptade in the folder of the game before install the game, and then the game is install with the uptade at once?.
Need to put all the uptades that come for the game or with the last one is Enough?.
If you're updating disc games, insert disc to Wii U and install DLC/Updates to NAND otherwise they won't work.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you're updating disc games, insert disc to Wii U and install DLC/Updates to NAND otherwise they won't work.

The game was Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (USA) , and the uptade get from the WiiU works, i finish de first world, is v1.1 in the title screen.

Is a loadiine backup convert to Mocha Backup (CFW), and the uptade is do it on the console D:

jp0ll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a dumb question, but if I am using haxchi will I be able to run games that need CFW? Is there anything I won't be able to run using haxchi? Thanks.

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is this all over the news now?? This Program has been out for a while. Unless it can install games on a none CFW WiiU consoles

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
When I choose the folder to install to I automatically get a "Updater.exe has stopped working" message. Thoughts?
My previous post may help you.
Might be a dumb question, but if I am using haxchi will I be able to run games that need CFW? Is there anything I won't be able to run using haxchi? Thanks.
Yes, so long as you have sigpatch you can launch whatever you want.
Why is this all over the news now?? This Program has been out for a while. Unless it can install games on a none CFW WiiU consoles
What do you mean all over the news? You can install legit games on a non patched system but that's not new :)

Reactions: mostafa

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06

Can you please add Lego Dimension ?

It is on the title key site for longer time...

Thank you!
The reason it does not show up in the app is because the title key is not present on that title key site, you might want to get in touch with the owner to address the issue.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Feature (humble) suggestion: two new region filters that go like this

1) (USA + EUR) minus (EUR doubles) [for mainly USA users]
2) (USA + EUR) minus (USA doubles) [for mainly EUR users]

there are tickets missing on both sides (plus there are ~15 VC games actually exclusive to each region) so it would be useful to be able to browse (or batch add) all the titles from one main region + missing titles from the other region

now, I suppose that to detect "doubles" the program would need to rely on a human curated database of pairs "USA title_ID + matching EUR title_ID", if there is nothing actually linking "game from one region" to "same game from other region"

that's a minor inconvenience of course, the app is already more than comfortable to use

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Feature (humble) suggestion: two new region filters that go like this

1) (USA + EUR) minus (EUR doubles) [for mainly USA users]
2) (USA + EUR) minus (USA doubles) [for mainly EUR users]

there are tickets missing on both sides (plus there are ~15 VC games actually exclusive to each region) so it would be useful to be able to browse (or batch add) all the titles from one main region + missing titles from the other region

now, I suppose that to detect "doubles" the program would need to rely on a human curated database of pairs "USA title_ID + matching EUR title_ID", if there is nothing actually linking "game from one region" to "same game from other region"

that's a minor inconvenience of course, the app is already more than comfortable to use
The problem I have with that is some times the euro version and the American version of a game may have slightly different content or different in game music or different characters etc so what would happen if my region is euro but I want the American version your suggestion would hide the American version and I would not be able to pick it.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem I have with that is some times the euro version and the American version of a game may have slightly different content or different in game music or different characters etc so what would happen if my region is euro but I want the American version your suggestion would hide the American version and I would not be able to pick it.

You could always use the current filters (USA or ALL REGIONS).

My filters would be two additional filters for a "quick and dirty" list of unique games with English or at least latin alphabet. (no JPN)

Currently it's also difficult to spot unique missing games if you already downloaded games from your main region, 'cause they're now in the "downloaded" label and you can't spot doubles anymore in the "not downloaded" list.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow and you have a mobile version of this application too. This is going way further than I expected.

I'll definitely give it a try later tonight even though I got everything I need already.

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi

i have orginal disk (Wii Sport Resort)

can i to used than it for creating app files for Brazillian hack ?

how to find (wii sport resort) files for brazillian hack ?

thanks

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please add Lego Dimension ? It is on the title key site for longer time...
The reason it does not show up in the app is because the title key is not present on that title key site, you might want to get in touch with the owner to address the issue.
This title is not available on eShop/NUS. It's disc only. That's why the ticket displays as available on the title key site, but the title key is blank.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have orginal disk (Wii Sport Resort) can i to used than it for creating app files for Brazillian hack ? how to find (wii sport resort) files for brazillian hack ?
Until someone writes a fully working injector, the only Wii games you can install using WupInstaller are the ones that are already packaged up as WiiU VC titles for sale on the eShop. Wii Sports Resort is not one of those titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk