Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using CBHC and have games installed to my external USB drive. When it comes to downloading updates using this utility, do the updates have to be installed to an SD card (I seemed to remember reading that somewhere) or can I also install these to the USB drive?

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if im being a pest by asking this again but,

If i install a EUR game on my US WiiU (pokemon snap for example) will i brick my console if its installed on my external HDD. Im using IOSU to run my games. I Am not using CBHC just regular HaxChi (i did the NDS Exploit) to run IOSU.

SplitPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If i install a EUR game on my US WiiU (pokemon snap for example) will i brick my console if its installed on my external HDD. Im using IOSU to run my games. I Am not using CBHC just regular HaxChi (i did the NDS Exploit) to run IOSU.

To my knowledge Haxchi incorporates signature patches and that provides region free features.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
To my knowledge Haxchi incorporates signature patches and that provides region free features.
Haxchi itself (not cbhc) does not include any kind of sig or region patch. It's just an entry point.

No you can't brick your system by installing out of region titles.
I'm using CBHC and have games installed to my external USB drive. When it comes to downloading updates using this utility, do the updates have to be installed to an SD card (I seemed to remember reading that somewhere) or can I also install these to the USB drive?
Updates can be installed to USB.

SplitPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haxchi itself (not cbhc) does not include any kind of sig or region patch. It's just an entry point.

Thanks Hikari06. Do you just install updates in the same manner you use to install games, i.e. the mod installer?

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks, ill install a EUR game and see if i can run it since i read that IOSU also makes it region Free

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cbhc is just running a custom firmware from boot. I'm using IOSU that takes off the signature. I was hoping it would make it region free as well but it didn't

-Edit-

Installed mocha, and it launched the game fine :)

Last edited by Durelle,

adrenochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it does
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/tag/v2.4_v1.4u1
Changes to Haxchi:
-use same iosu patcher for both haxchi and cbhc to allow haxchi to benefit from it
-added new config option to haxchi, "sysmenu" which will relaunch you into the system menu with signature, region patches and everything else that cbhc patches

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

gmarg

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am new to the wii u but i followed all the instructions in this forum and i just load my first game with Mocha in my external disk and works fine - thanks.
I just downloaded a second game which is 14GB and can't fit in my SD (16GB but after rednand and mocha 8gb). I tried to upload it from my network but it was too slow (1MB/sec) and it needs about 4 hours, but always fail after 2-3 hours. How can i upload the game to my console?
If i buy a 32GB SD will i have extra free space or it will be formatted also in 8GB (with rednand)?
Can i use a usb flash or Wii's external disk? (can WUP installer use a Install directory in another location?)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I am new to the wii u but i followed all the instructions in this forum and i just load my first game with Mocha in my external disk and works fine - thanks.
I just downloaded a second game which is 14GB and can't fit in my SD (16GB but after rednand and mocha 8gb). I tried to upload it from my network but it was too slow (1MB/sec) and it needs about 4 hours, but always fail after 2-3 hours. How can i upload the game to my console?
If i buy a 32GB SD will i have extra free space or it will be formatted also in 8GB (with rednand)?
Can i use a usb flash or Wii's external disk? (can WUP installer use a Install directory in another location?)
The 'Send to WiiU' feature uses the sd card as a buffer, so it won't be of any help if you don't have enough storage space left.
Mocha does not take much space, rednand does though. Yeah, of course, the bigger the sd, the more space you get.
And no wupinstaller is for now sd-only.
Hikari06 renaming the app folder to .old finally fixed it thanks
I'm glad to hear that :)

gmarg

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I found a solution by putting on Wii folder in SD card without rednand - i noticed that WUP installer doesn't need rednand to work - everything is OK now, thanks.

D

Deleted User

I've bumped across this, and was wondering if there's something like this for the 3DS.
I think it would be fairly easy to do it, since you just have to change what the program asks for in terms of URLs (I think, I know nothing about programming).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: