Homebrew [Release] VirtuaNES 2P Mod - Play NES 2-player on your 3DS!

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IWhy settle in for a NES Mini, when we can use your project, and then stream the video to your computer? I
That is just a waste of effort honestly. Why not just connect your 2 controllers to your computer, then run an nes emulator on it? its way easier and will run fullspeed on any computer. (even when recording it)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, @Robz8, this is pretty cool. Why settle in for a NES Mini, when we can use your project, and then stream the video to your computer? I mean, not every one is going to have frame-perfect speeds, but games are still playable for me when I stream and it beats the 2 foot cord Nintendo supplied for the NES controller.
EDIT: Not everyone will be able to do this if you don't have a N3DS/XL
Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
I'm guessing the NES controller with the 2 foot cord is just meant for Wiimotes.
NTR CFW is actually compatible with O3DS now, iirc, but not the video streaming.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Trophies
Country
Canada
I'm guessing the NES controller with the 2 foot cord is just meant for Wiimotes.
NTR CFW is actually compatible with O3DS now, iirc, but not the video streaming.
That's what I'm saying. Old hardware isn't supported for wireless video streaming.
But I own the NES Mini, and the cord length for the NES Mini is about 2ft in length. But since the NES Mini controllers uses the same plug as Nunchucks do for the Wiimote, that will transform the N3DSes into a nostalgic-feeling NES console :)

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been working on the o3ds for almost a year now. Video streaming is not on the o3ds using ntr. MarcusD made a way to stream using the o3ds but its only 2fps currently...

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally find this to be more of a tech demo, to be honest. It shows that this is possible, but not very. A modified UWPStreamer would be awesome for this.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice!

I wish I still had my N3DS for trying this out... But it looks amazing, of course. I know a lot of people will enjoy this.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CIA is now updated with the a1d3908 commit.
The Wiimouse profile for 2P has been fixed. The 1 button no longer uses the B button from 1P.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimouse profiles for 1P and 2P are updated! Analog sticks are no longer used, in order to prevent issues with the NES Classic Edition controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.