ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

ruiner1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use this as a batch downloader? So I don't have to click through every single page and download them one by one?

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 0.2.0 is released with some beloved features: verifying contents after download, or create .cxi from .cia for citra users.

Changelog:

• Added title contents verification feature. Villain3DS will first generate decrypted title key (from encrypted title key), then decrypt each content files with it (using AES-128-CBC), and compare it with SHA-256 hash of each contents from TMD. Screenshot (captured in development, detailed information only show up when hash is not match).
  • (Experimental) Now give warning if downloaded title requires an additional seed to be playable.
  • (Windows/Experimental) Added ability to generate fully-decrypted .cxi file from eShop/playable titles (00040000xxxxxxxx) for Citra. Click the "download" icon (beside the "cog" and "about" icon, you'll know where it is) from main window to start. Screenshot.
  • Doge icon

Somehow my Manjaro Linux's grub is broken after a Windows 10 reinstall. And unfortunately I can't fix it for now (I don't have an USB). So Linux and macOS builds will have to wait (you can still build it from source yourself).

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

Saiylem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like there is a problem when downloading title keys list from your URL, so a 0-byte encTitleKeys.bin is left in base directory. Try deleting it and try again (in app you can go to About, then Troubleshooting, then "Delete encTitleKeys.bin file").
If you just put the enctitlekeys to the directory it belongs, it works but no auto-update supports and probably will be deleted in 3 days.

So I'm also having this error. I've tried placing a local file and pointing application to the local path, but I still receive the same error.
I've shut down the app and made all my attempted fixes (deleting the .bin, using URL with local file, using local path with local file) before restarting each time.

EDIT: After receiving the error, I can confirm that my .bin file is not 0kb.

EDIT2: Well I got it working, but I don't know what I did any different from before.

Last edited by Saiylem,
Reactions: tranxuanthang

nbahamut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.2.0 is released with some beloved features: verifying contents after download, or create .cxi from .cia for citra users.

Somehow my Manjaro Linux's grub is broken after a Windows 10 reinstall. And unfortunately I can't fix it for now (I don't have an USB). So Linux and macOS builds will have to wait (you can still build it from source yourself).

Wow, awesome work @tranxuanthang ! Finally I can stop using Wii U USB Helper, had been waiting for the hash checking functionality. :grog:

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi just wanna ask if for example I installed a game that needs to import seed but I don’t have Internet, is there another way to make thegame work? or It really needs an internet to make it work. I wish that on the next update it will be more like FreeShop so that we dont need to Import Seed, thanks for this wonderfull application. because I get tired downloading on my 3DS then converting it to .cia so this app I great but I hope that games that need seed will automatically download during the download.

nbahamut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi just wanna ask if for example I installed a game that needs to import seed but I don’t have Internet, is there another way to make thegame work? or It really needs an internet to make it work. I wish that on the next update it will be more like FreeShop so that we dont need to Import Seed, thanks for this wonderfull application. because I get tired downloading on my 3DS then converting it to .cia so this app I great but I hope that games that need seed will automatically download during the download.

Use hydroseed.

nbahamut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tranxuanthang , there seems to be a bug in the integrity verification functionality. An example that can be reproducible is to try to download the DLC for monster hunter stories: it gets stuck on verifying the 00000009 content, as if there were an infinite loop there.

I have attached an image of the program being stuck downloading the aforementioned file. I am using the linux version, btw.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 321

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@tranxuanthang , there seems to be a bug in the integrity verification functionality. An example that can be reproducible is to try to download the DLC for monster hunter stories: it gets stuck on verifying the 00000009 content, as if there were an infinite loop there.

I have attached an image of the program being stuck downloading the aforementioned file. I am using the linux version, btw.

I have that error also it will stop downloading the DLC and I tried downloading the DLC on FreeShop it will stop also after Content 10.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We can remove the need of seed entirely by decrypting then rebuilding the cia (crypto-fixing it). But it will take too much time & CPU of your PC so doesn't worth it. In the past this type of cias are only for hacked new3ds when community still stuck at fw9.2. And the seed is only a few KB anyway.

And I'm investigating DLC contents verification bug now.

SheppardSG1

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i have some problems when i download games for example Zelda Ocarina of Times 3DS EUR. It says "Content #00000000 is downloaded. Decrypting & calculating hash..."
I have this issue with most of my downloads. Even i close the soft, reopen it and try to download the game again, i have the same problem.

I'm using Villain 3DS 0.2

Edit : Solved. It was because i didn't have space on my disk system even if chose to use another disk

What can i do ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by SheppardSG1,

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello guys may I know whats the Import Seed for is this for playing Out Of Region Games? becuase I downloaded a Kirby Planet Robobot US and its say Inport Seed needed, so Installed it on my EU 3DS and its gives me error so I went to FBI again and applied Inport Seed and its working now, so I back up the game using GodMode9 and Installed it on my kids US 2DS and I didnt get an error and I didnt applied inport seed and when I was installing the game on FBI it was on offline mode, so If we already applied Import seed the CIA already have the Import Seed? and the size its diffenrent.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys may I know whats the Import Seed for is this for playing Out Of Region Games? becuase I downloaded a Kirby Planet Robobot US and its say Inport Seed needed, so Installed it on my EU 3DS and its gives me error so I went to FBI again and applied Inport Seed and its working now, so I back up the game using GodMode9 and Installed it on my kids US 2DS and I didnt get an error and I didnt applied inport seed and when I was installing the game on FBI it was on offline mode, so If we already applied Import seed the CIA already have the Import Seed? and the size its diffenrent.
There are a few situations when a 9.6+ title doesn't need to import seed, such as the seed for that title is already imported before, or a newest seeddb.bin (can be downloaded from that title key site) is imported using decrypt9/hourglass9 (not so sure about this one), or the generated cia file has the encryption removed. If you generate a backup using godmode9 maybe it already created a crypto-fixed version for you, so your second 2ds doesn't have to import the seed.

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There are a few situations when a 9.6+ title doesn't need to import seed, such as the seed for that title is already imported before, or a newest seeddb.bin (can be downloaded from that title key site) is imported using decrypt9/hourglass9 (not so sure about this one), or the generated cia file has the encryption removed. If you generate a backup using godmode9 maybe it already created a crypto-fixed version for you, so your second 2ds doesn't have to import the seed.

Thanks for the reply, I think it does creat a fixed when I make back up of the games that need Import Seed becuase I already tried 3 games Kirby Planet Robobot , Pokemon Ultra Sun and Return to Pololoco when I first launch it on my 3DS it gave an error, and after applying import seed this 3 games works ok on my 3Ds and on the 2DS of my Son when I install the back up work fined without inport seed. thanks for the reply again. TC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1