Hacking RELEASE: v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
markehmus said:
yeah i posted it freezes the wii as wiikey configuration is selected, dont bother
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. What have you tried, exactly? I posted two things.

Also, for the config disc you need a GC contoller or press 'reset' to toggle and 'hold resest' to select.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BBking83 said:
markehmus said:
yeah i posted it freezes the wii as wiikey configuration is selected, dont bother
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. What have you tried, exactly? I posted two things.

Also, for the config disc you need a GC contoller or press 'reset' to toggle and 'hold resest' to select.
config disk is fail..

ohh and here is the link i used
http://www.wiikey.cn/en/legacy/

it freezes the wii as wiikey configuration is selected

no matter if you use the GC controller or wii buttons

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.,3 fails so okay ill try 1.4,, i never had it at home yet so lets hope
damn evrytime i iinstall preload .29 i gate sytem files corupt on 4.2u
okay gotit
had to fake sign 36, which flips HBC upside down,reinstall not fake signed 36...then reinstall the patch free the bug ios 70-64-6687
not to focus on wiikey

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ramzee said:
Hi, great work. Unfortunately the 4.2 Safe Firmware Updater didn't update my 4.1E system menu.
As all the IOSs appear in place and I've taken a nand backup I'll follow the guide and try installing the 4.2E system menu, by hand, using wad manager.
Well I've got the 4.2E System Menu installed as WiiWare won't run off the SD due to the unpatched IOS 70 but if I go into settings I just get a white page with 2 black dots in the top left corner.

Is it an IOS or Menu issue? Any suggestions?

EDIT: I thought I'd selected v482 (4.2E) but NUSD had downloaded the highest version v486 (4.2K). Now I've installed the right system menu by hand all is well
tongue.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
markehmus said:
1.,3 fails so okay ill try 1.4,, i never had it at home yet so lets hope
damn evrytime i iinstall preload .29 i gate sytem files corupt on 4.2u
Don't worry about preloader, dude...

Did config 1.4 work?

QUOTE(Ramzee @ Oct 9 2009, 08:14 AM) Well I've got the 4.2E System Menu installed as WiiWare won't run off the SD due to the unpatched IOS 70 but if I go into settings I just get a white page with 2 black dots in the top left corner.

Is it an IOS or Menu issue? Any suggestions?
Maybe try the updater again? Heard servers are busy lately due to this new update.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Don't worry about preloader, dude...

Did config 1.4 work?
QUOTEstill burning config1.4...

but preloader worx..definate must at our hous for the crazyintro video and the HideandSeek , both from wiicrazy/i.r.on

1.4config disk istantly resets the wii to bootmii when selecting the wiikey configurater

but with preloader and geckos1.902b who needs the region free i geuss , we will have to wait for a wiikey fix from the creators of wiikey

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
markehmus said:
we will have to wait for a wiikey fix from the creators of wiikey
That won't happen, unfortunately.

Their Wiikey v1 is too old. They've got other stuff to sell.

You need to get GCOS bootdisc some how. I posted a PAL one before. Not sure what region your console is though...

I found some instructions here:

Gamecube controller
GCOS boot disk

1. Download any GC Multi-disk, or just download 'make-multiv3' and create a GCOS boot disk.
2. Boot it up in the Wii and you'll be presented with two options - select 'Boot DVD'.
3. It will ask you to enter a DVD and press A to continue. Eject your disk and insert your 1.3 config disk. Press the A button on your gamecube controller.
4. It should read the disc and present a list of files/folders. Highlight 'bootldr.dol' and press A.
5. The config disc menu should appear.

This 100% works as I carried it out on a 3.1 Wii about an hour ago!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/566969

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
humm will look for a 4.2u version compatible gcos bootdisk then

QUOTE said:
This 100% works as I carried it out on a 3.1 Wii

we are talking about 4.2 system menu wiikey region free not working, rite?

not ay other version cause its always worked for me before 4.2u

zektor
thanx for the safe 4.2u updater... sorry about the hijacking!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know it's old (which is the fact about the Wiikey) but it's the only solution I can think of.

I can guarantee it's the Wiikey setting. But, seeing as it worked before the update, I could be wrong.

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zektor, i upgraded to 4.2 with waninkoko's upgrader, had some issues, and used yours... everything is good now, EXCEPT! I can not run AnyTitleDeleter, or wad manager (-1035 error, i think it was) Can you please tell me how to go from here (Luanch day wii BTW)

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
ramidavis said:
Zektor, i upgraded to 4.2 with waninkoko's upgrader, had some issues, and used yours... everything is good now, EXCEPT! I can not run AnyTitleDeleter, or wad manager (-1035 error, i think it was) Can you please tell me how to go from here (Luanch day wii BTW)
Try reinstalling cIOS.

@markehmus, have you tried trucha signing IOS70 yet?

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBKing, just reinstalled cios 249 rev 14... No go on any title deleter. I got pissed at wad manager and deleted it... Errors from any title deleter were 'informing wii i am god' - 1017 & and something about cleaning up(i think) -102... it then loads the any title deleter menu, did not try to delete anything though...
Any one? help?
unsure.gif

p.s.: yes i remembered to use dop-ios on ios70, if it matters.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Babajela said:
One question though: After all this business, and not having an option to install starfall or preloader (as far as I understand the current version is not compatible with 4.2), I can not force my console to not look for updates. So, popping Drawn to Life the Next Chapter into my Wii after I successfully upadted to 4.2 resulted in the disc channel telling me I have to install the update. Of course I didn't, I ripped the game with USB loader and it works like a charm (also I made another copy, deleting the update with Wiu and that also works without any problems), but I am surprised it actually tells me I need to update. Is this because of the trucha patched IOS 70 or do you have any ideas?
Disc updates haven't updated your firmware in ages. The last games that did this were in the v3.4 era. All disc based updates since then simply install the needed IOS to run the game (e.g., IOS55 on almost every game released since May-ish). As long as the game is from your region, these updates are safe to run and will only add the IOS without updating your firmware. Feel free to run them normally.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
ramidavis said:
BBKing, just reinstalled cios 249 rev 14... No go on any title deleter. I got pissed at wad manager and deleted it... Errors from any title deleter were 'informing wii i am god' - 1017 & and something about cleaning up(i think) -102... it then loads the any title deleter menu, did not try to delete anything though...
Any one? help?
unsure.gif

You need the ES_identity for IOS36 I think.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOSCheck

Or try this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS/Dop-IOS_MOD

I don't know why you need to delete any IOSes seeing you're on 4.2...

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBKing, Zektor, never mind. I found what i was doing wrong. Needed to use dop-ios on ios36 and apply both the patches. All good now!Beat me to it, BBKing. Ignore this post.
Also, Zektor, THANK YOU for this upgrade app.
biggrin.gif

roastedvegetable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was installing this and last thing I remember seeing was it was on IOS9 turned my head for a couple seconds and it was back at HBC. But my Wii was still at 4.1U. Did I miss something? Safe to try again?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
roastedvegetableritz said:
Was installing this and last thing I remember seeing was it was on IOS9 turned my head for a couple seconds and it was back at HBC. But my Wii was still at 4.1U. Did I miss something? Safe to try again?
Yes, if it crashes like that, it didn't work. Try again.

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
ramidavis said:
Any one? help?
unsure.gif

You need the ES_identity for IOS36 I think.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOSCheck

Or try this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS/Dop-IOS_MOD

I don't know why you need to delete any IOSes seeing you're on 4.2...
No, was not deleting ios's, just removing some junk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ