Hacking RELEASE: v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater

studio1b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i need help here

my main system : 3.2U wiiware update / Wiikey / hbc / bootmii / usbloader + others

i downloaded this 4.2 safe firmware updater
i load it seems to work downloads and installs like 20 things then bam i get a HTTP error of something and it quits and goes back to HBC
anyone know what this is about ?

i'm going to run it again and get where it errors so there can be more info about it

i'm on 3.2 right now due to really no need for updating but i would like VC games off sd so thats one reason why i want to update.

roastedvegetable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
roastedvegetableritz said:
Was installing this and last thing I remember seeing was it was on IOS9 turned my head for a couple seconds and it was back at HBC. But my Wii was still at 4.1U. Did I miss something? Safe to try again?
Yes, if it crashes like that, it didn't work. Try again.
Thanks for quick reply, tried it 3-4 more times each time getting "error making http request" at different points.
frown.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
studio1b said:
i load it seems to work downloads and installs like 20 things then bam i get a HTTP error of something and it quits and goes back to HBC
anyone know what this is about ?
Busy servers, as stated many times in this thread.

Try it again...

Maybe reset your routers?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Those people saying it errors, does it get to the confirmation asking whether you want to continue or not?

And yes, there are offline updaters. Just check zektor's guide that the code is based off. It's in his sig.

betoranaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please forgive me if this has already been addressed, I read through the 13+ posts and although I think I understand this updater I am not sure if it will do what I want.

I updated me 4.0U Wii about 1.5 months ago using http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

If I use this updater, will I have to redo any of the steps above? I have a USB loader and an external HD.

Thanks
B

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are using USB loader, this is the safest 4.2 updater.

But, just to be sure, install cIOS rev14 before you update. This updater is just like the N update, except it leaved cIOS rev14 (IOS249) untouched.

Although, if it's working now, it will work after the update.
wink.gif

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used this updater and tried to play Wii Fit Plus through the Disc Channel and it's asking me for a Wii System update. Why? The only way I can play it is through a USB loader, which isn't a big deal but it would be nice to play future Wii games without the same problem.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be wanting up update the shop channel. I don't know if this updater does that??

ALso, check that you are on 4.2. It may have dropped out and still be on the system menu you were on before?

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Could be wanting up update the shop channel. I don't know if this updater does that??

ALso, check that you are on 4.2. It may have dropped out and still be on the system menu you were on before?
Well how would I update the shop channel besides updating through Nintendo? And according to my Wii Settings, I am on v4.2U.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an answer as to why games want to use the internal update. Just use StartPatch v4.2 or Preloader JODI to enable to block disc updates. You guys really should make it a habit of scrubbing your ISO's before burning (applies to disc only...usb loaders and wbfs managers auto-scrub when you put the game on the HD) because it'll remove just the update partition of the game. You do NOT need to update via game discs
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
New games will still ask to update even though you are at 4.2. They do not update the firmware, they only check that the IOS they need to run (typically IOS55) is present. If the disc is from your region, let the update run once and you will see that it won't affect anything on your Wii.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
New games will still ask to update even though you are at 4.2. They do not update the firmware, they only check that the IOS they need to run (typically IOS55) is present. If the disc is from your region, let the update run once and you will see that it won't affect anything on your Wii.

Thanks for that info. Been some time since I've used a disc...as you can tell
wink.gif

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
zektor said:
You guys really should make it a habit of scrubbing your ISO's before burning
I'm pretty sure it was a retail disc.

Nevermind then
smile.gif
Just as long as it is not a disc from another region trying to tell you to update, it should be ok. As Dr. Clipper said, the game will just check to see if the files it needs are in place as usual.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
thank you zektor and your team for doing this safely update 4.2 i didn't update mine to 4.2 but now i update it from your V4.2 Safe Firmware Update it's worked perfectly well well done zektor and your team hope you continue such as this great work
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo