[Release] - uTikDownloadHelper

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DanTheMan827, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DanTheMan827
    OP

DanTheMan827 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I'm sure many of you have already seen and used this tool from the Wii U USB Loading thread.

This app is a title downloader and ticket patcher, just open a dumped tik file with it and it will give you a folder ready for USB installation with WUD installer

The latest update includes a browser for the tickets on that website but there's one gotcha...

In order to activate the browser you need to know the address of that website... I did this to keep the mods both here and on the Wii U Hacks sub-reddit happy. (It's not even in the source code)

Also included are a couple bug fixes and the ability for the program to remember the last path you saved a game to.

Screenshots

Notes about installing games
    • Games containing special characters like ®, ™, and é must be renamed since wup installer currently will not install games that contain them in the folder name
    • The games in red will only work on a signature-patched home menu (iosuhax or redNAND both work)

Download: https://github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper/releases

Source Code: https://github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper

Other Languages:

if anyone can speak additional languages and wouldn't mind translating the app I could also add localization for those languages...

Just open an issue on GitHub (preferred) or PM me with the language name and a list of these strings translated along with their English counterpart (so I know which to associate them with)

The strings that need to be translated

Disclaimer
    I am not liable for whatever you choose to do with this program. It's only made to make reacquiring owned games easier. In the end it's your personal choice to use this software.

Last edited by DanTheMan827, Nov 10, 2016

2. XGamer30

XGamer30 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2015
    France
    Thank's very nice app ;)

3. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Did you talk to the mods before posting? I feel like they may not have agreed to allow you to post this. It still is inherently a program that downloads tickets from "that website".

Last edited by x65943, Oct 24, 2016
  4. DanTheMan827
    OP

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I didn't, but I don't enable the features unless you know the address of the site.

This program can also be used to download title data and patch tickets obtained legitimately by using the IOSU hack that was recently released.

Also, it's not that much different than Shameless

If the mods have a problem with it I'll gladly let them delete this thread.

What do you think @Cyan?

Last edited by DanTheMan827, Oct 24, 2016
    x65943 likes this.
  5. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    Nice work and manythanka

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could make it like freeShop where you have to input the address to get stuff from. So it's not present in the source code at all.

nexusmtz likes this.
  7. WupPup

WupPup Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    How could it possibly read from that site when the tik files are linked to mega and in rar form for download.

8. KungFuzion
    This message by KungFuzion has been removed from public view by Cyan, Oct 25, 2016, Reason: asking for warez.
    Oct 24, 2016
  9. WupPup
    This message by WupPup has been removed from public view by Cyan, Oct 25, 2016, Reason: asking for warez.
    Oct 24, 2016
  10. x65943
    This message by x65943 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Oct 25, 2016, Reason: reply to deleted post.
    Oct 24, 2016
  11. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Non-moderator opinon:
    It's one thing to post a program that allows a person to download files from a site that they enter, but when you specify that only a single answer is correct, your tool associates itself with the site. That's what you want to avoid.

We understand that there's currently only one site that's going to work properly with your code, but your code shouldn't know that.

Why force the code to a specific site when it's feasible that someone could set up their own site with their own tickets if they wanted to? Just allow entry of the site to pull the tickets from, and give an example of the format you're looking for, e.g. www.mysitename.org

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. DanTheMan827
    OP

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    not that site... the other site...

13. DanTheMan827
    OP

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I just re-issued the code / downloads, now there's no trace of the website address in there at all, just a one-way MD5 hash.

also part of the code I re-issued is the ability to modify the settings.ini file saved at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\uTikDownloadHelper\ if you REALLY want to use another site (no other ones compatible at this time)

nexusmtz and Quantumcat like this.
  14. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    seriously, we need better hint than that :D
    anyway thanks a lot for the app
    btw just to clarify, I'm not asking for the site name. already figured it out myself :)

Last edited by Garou, Oct 25, 2016
  15. stooged

stooged Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2012
    awesome work DanTheMan827 I was just messing around with a similar idea you saved me heaps of work :D

I downloaded "that" entire site and modified your src to work from the local directory just incase "that" site gets nuked, might be something you want to do for your own personal one :D

thanks again

16. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    This is great, but it's too great. It needs to be taken off the Temp.
    Seriously. The program even implies how to find the url. GBAtemp does not link to OR hint to warez.

17. DanTheMan827
    OP

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Have you seen the 3DS section?

Specifically apps like CIAngel, FreeShop, TikDevil, Shameless, and others I can't remember off the top of my head...

Those don't even require any kind of user verification of the site and the apps are just a QR code away...

Last edited by DanTheMan827, Oct 25, 2016
  18. taxco

taxco Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    NL
    This program downloads the games + ticket and patches it, right??
    So i dont have to do nothing except install on WiiU

19. DanTheMan827
    OP

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Correct, you could also dump the tickets on your own using IOSU and physical discs if you were so inclined

Last edited by DanTheMan827, Oct 25, 2016
  20. 0nther0ck

0nther0ck Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    France
    Thanks for this app. But i have a problem with all selected download, i can select the directorie but when i click ok a windows pop up with error downloading cannot download .......... I can see NUS 1/10 sec
    Your program need something to run?
    Win7 64

21. DanTheMan827
    OP

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    It could be a problem with that specific title.

Try one that you know is on the eShop

22. taxco

taxco Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    NL
    Thanksfor this great app.
    Is the play speed ( Like zelda TP ) faster using USB than SD Card

23. 0nther0ck

0nther0ck Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    France
    Thanks for your reply, it's make that for all.
    When i can i try with another Pc.

Edit: it's ok on my second Pc, the problem on my first is with NUSgrabber (launch and close directly)
    I have notice, when the folder selected for the downloaded files isn't empty there is a pop-up windows for asking if you want use this folder or not. If i say yes or not the download don't start.

Last edited by 0nther0ck, Oct 25, 2016