ROM Hack [Release] Shameless - An easy-to-use eShop ticket -> QR code generator for FBI

Housey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Disclaimer: I don't care what you do with this program. I am also not here to argue about the legality of it. It's just a utility.

A short explanation about why I made this:
Since FBI 2.1 came out, it includes an option to install tickets by scanning a QR code with a link to the ticket or a link to a CIA and also install titles by pulling the files directly from the Nintendo CDN.

Summary:
This program makes generating QR codes for installation with FBI a little easier. It has a search box and you can find out how big a title is before downloading it on your console if you want. You can also sort the list by clicking the columns.

Features:
* Search as you type
* Non diacritic search (for example you only have to type in "pokemon" to get all pokémon titles.
* Partial search (again, searching for part of a title's name will list all the titles which contain what's in the search box)
* Title filtering: only display the titles you want to see
* Generating QR code for installation with FBI
* Generating multiple QR codes if the user selects multiple titles. These install simultaneously by FBI.
* Generating all tickets with the applied filter
* Updating the database (this also shows which new titles were added and how many)

How to use:
1. Launch the program and let it prepare the database. Shouldn't take long, it's about a ~0.4MB download.
2. Select a title and press "Generate QR Code for FBI".
3. Scan the QR code with FBI's QR Code install option in the main menu, it will hopefully install the ticket. It will then ask if you would like to install the contents from the Nintendo CDN. Click "Yes".

Screenshots:

1jiCp7C.png

K9NBPWe.png

qF3zsMh.png

-snip-
D9zrqgx.png

Download
Source

Feature requests and bug reports are very appreciated.

If you like what I do, you're free to donate some money to help me pay my university tuition:

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed pic with keys in it -rp

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice! Reminds me of the DTK interface :shy:

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't recommending linking "that key site" in your code or downloading it automatically, it seems to get lots of complaints from people that really don't like piracy

Last edited by justync7,

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to install the ticket it gives me an error. btw, i'm trying to install smash dlc but i had some of the dlc before. idk if that matters.
Failed to install cdn title.
Rusult code: 0xD8E3FBFD.
level: permanent
Summary: invalid argument
Desc: out of range
Help? Thanks

Last edited by hudhair,

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to install the ticket it gives me an error. btw, i'm trying to install smash dlc but i had some of the dlc before. idk if that matters.
Failed to install cdn title.
Rusult code: 0xD8E3FBFD.
level: permanent
Summary: invalid argument
Desc: out of range
Help? Thanks
Delete your DLC then install a file with the DLC youhad and then some

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is nice! Reminds me of the DTK interface :shy:

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't recommending linking "that key site" in your code or downloading it automatically, it seems to get lots of complaints from people that really don't like piracy

I believe that the point is not piracy. With such tools you can (or is an other way to) install free eshop games or redownload games you paid for without updating console (if you nand or emunand is in a lower firmware) if you do not want to

Arkcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey Housey. I was wondering if you had this issue come up in any past comments.
But anyway. when i launch Shameless it dose not download any tickets or anything an just gets stuck on a blank screen
xegjfqvwwzleeaidgnsvfigspcytropejtemdkfgwvhdclwvpvyxzxhpxotcrceikgvlwvavilykacqefcdwpsflmpoprcouqztv

I have no idea why or how this had happend because i had managed to launch it once before.

Edit: I got a recording of what happens
6YqRa01.gif

Last edited by Arkcade,

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would mention when I tried it after searching I removed all the text from the search and it didn't effect the list, so I was stuck with restarting the program to get all the titles to show up.

EDIT: Also, this seems to be missing quite a bit of titles ex: Super Mario 3D Land US was completely missing for me

EDIT2: Turns out that title has a (tm) right smack dab in the middle of the name, causing it to not show up in search.

Last edited by justync7,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still got a search bug in 1.2
i.e. search for something not found on there and it will close out.

i.e. "kri"
vs typing in "kirby"

other then that great app. Thank you

Housey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Housey. I was wondering if you had this issue come up in any past comments.
But anyway. when i launch Shameless it dose not download any tickets or anything an just gets stuck on a blank screen
xegjfqvwwzleeaidgnsvfigspcytropejtemdkfgwvhdclwvpvyxzxhpxotcrceikgvlwvavilykacqefcdwpsflmpoprcouqztv

I have no idea why or how this had happend because i had managed to launch it once before.

Edit: I got a recording of what happens
6YqRa01.gif

I think you're just using an old version where the parser was still broken since nfshost updated. It's fixed now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought I would mention when I tried it after searching I removed all the text from the search and it didn't effect the list, so I was stuck with restarting the program to get all the titles to show up.

EDIT: Also, this seems to be missing quite a bit of titles ex: Super Mario 3D Land US was completely missing for me

EDIT2: Turns out that title has a (tm) right smack dab in the middle of the name, causing it to not show up in search.

The search bug is fixed I think. It handles properly with no text in the search box and stuff.

Do you think I should get rid of the TM stuff? I already do it when I generate tickets so I wouldn't have to write anything from scratch...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have problems with this app, make sure you have the latest version.

If you still have problems, bug reports are much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over