Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

vsevolod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(I have a 9.2 XL w/GW)
If i've understood correctly, when you play DS games on 4.5, you need to re-install the exploit to play 3DS games again, so the most convenient solution to play DS & 3DS games is to use this cia on 9.2 w/the browser exploit and not downgrade to 4.5, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
(I have a 9.2 XL w/GW)
If i've understood correctly, when you play DS games on 4.5, you need to re-install the exploit to play 3DS games again, so the most convenient solution to play DS & 3DS games is to use this cia on 9.2 w/the browser exploit and not downgrade to 4.5, right?
depends, if your using the blue card anyway, you could simply just run the installer again after playing nds games

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Boot into sysNAND with Gateway Extras
How exactly do I do this? I used a clean SD card, put launcher.dat and the .cia on it, launched the exploit and opened the menu... there is no option for SysNAND with GW features. If I just boot Gateway mode I get into a fresh EmuNAND (system settings say GW3D 9.4.0-20E). Is this really where I need to be when I run the Title Manager? On normal SysNAND I can't use the Multi ROM menu.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it makes no sense? i'm just going to ignore you, sorry. i've added you to my ignore list (read my signature)

jesus knows why you are so sure of yourself, it's embarrassing.
you have no idea what you are talking about.
sure, install it on emunand and play your ds roms there, good luck.
and lol, the eshop update prompt is more than checking the version number in system settings...

Why must you be so pretentious and immature? It isn't unreasonable for someone to think anything installed to sysNAND won't work as intended. If you recall, .cia games installed to a 4.5 sysNAND will show up, but the banner won't load and you can't launch the game. I understand this is not a game, but I think many of us were not aware that Gateway would function without an emuNAND partition, and much less have the ability to install things with devmenu and have them function.

You were completely avoiding his questions without giving any concrete answers or explanations. He had good points, and you had close to nothing. And to add a further level of immaturity to yourself, you've added him to your fictional "ignore list."

You are a child.

Reactions: Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I used a clean one. I even formatted it before putting both files on it. When I boot GW mode I reach a blank GW3D 9.4 system while my SysNAND is 9.2.

Gateway creates a hidden partition for emunand. Simply formatting the SD card with Windows isn't enough to get rid of it.

Reactions: osaka35

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gateway creates a hidden partition for emunand. Simply formatting the SD card with Windows isn't enough to get rid of it.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this! Will SD Formatter do the trick?

EDIT: It did! Thanks a lot!

EDIT 2: I can now confirm that the blue card works perfectly fine on my 3DS XL 9.2.0-20E. Awesome! Thank you, Cearp! :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Why must you be so pretentious and immature? It isn't unreasonable for someone to think anything installed to sysNAND won't work as intended. If you recall, .cia games installed to a 4.5 sysNAND will show up, but the banner won't load and you can't launch the game. I understand this is not a game, but I think many of us were not aware that Gateway would function without an emuNAND partition, and much less have the ability to install things with devmenu and have them function.

You were completely avoiding his questions without giving any concrete answers or explanations. He had good points, and you had close to nothing. And to add a further level of immaturity to yourself, you've added him to your fictional "ignore list."

You are a child.
My ignore list is not fictional.
We are all children.
Emunand was added to GW, it was not there on day one.
It depends on the CIA if the game will work without GW's patches or not.
As I said a few weeks ago, it is not the questions themselves, just how they were being asked.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a morning 'lol'!

Reactions: Kelton2

blaydes99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we add the name "flash cart time warp" to the original post? It's really hard to find this elsewhere without knowing the actual name of the app. Great work on this one cearp!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is it possible to install this on a downgraded console without the Gateway card? I can run CFW and the DS Profile exploit.
you need a working way to install a cia file in sysnand, the only way to do that is gateway or MT card, you cant run any cfw anyway without a working NDS flashcard or a gateway card......and if your NDS flashcard works to install the rop exploit, there is very little reason to use this

BUT.....i suppose if you install it to the 4.x cfw then dump the CFW from the SD and flash to sysnand, it *might* work, but you know....the usual if you f*** up your console tough sh*t message

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you need a working way to install a cia file in sysnand, the only way to do that is gateway or MT card, you cant run any cfw anyway without a working NDS flashcard or a gateway card......and if your NDS flashcard works to install the rop exploit, there is very little reason to use this

BUT.....i suppose if you install it to the 4.x cfw then dump the CFW from the SD and flash to sysnand, it *might* work, but you know....the usual if you f*** up your console tough sh*t message
Installing CFW to sysnand? Lol nope. Too risky.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it never worked on 3DS, this will not make it work.

Hi cearp, I would like to know why that is, technically.
Using my super old CycloDS Evo would be so totally awesome.
As far as I understand, these carts are just masquerading as real DS titles in order to boot, until Nintendo blacklists them.
So why isn't it possible to unblacklist them like you did for the GW blue card?
Thx for any detail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1