Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does someone tried this .cia with the new exploit?

I assume it shouldn't cause any problems (block the exploit or other things like that), but it's just to be sure as some peoples have a hardmode and can restore their nand if there is any problem.

Thanks a lot!

Edit :
Just installed it on sysNAND, and now the GW Blue Card works perfectly on 9.2. Basically my process was this:
  • Grab another SD card, one without an already existing emuNAND on it
  • Add the .cia and launcher.dat
  • Boot into Gateway menu
  • Boot into sysNAND with Gateway Extras
  • Go into BigBlueMenu, install .cia
  • ?
  • Profit!
Seems to work good though, pretty happy with the results.

Seems it was already tested. As someone answered, the question wasn't to know if it works on emunand, we know it don't, but just to be sure it's not prevent the exploit from working.

thanks ShadowOne333 for confirming it is ok to install the cia on sysnand 9.x with the new GW launcher, and have the bluecard working :)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Edit : I can double-confirm it. Just tried it, it works, and the gateway exploit still works fine.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
cearp, how do people create .cia files? I want to try extracting my emunand, then extracting the game from the emunand.bin file. I then want to find a way to copy these files to my sysNAND (preferably .cia). Is that possible, or is the second step (extract game from emunand) currently impossible (no tools)?

Edit: just found out I need my 2DS keys to extract from the emunand.bin file. Is there a way to get those on 9.4 emunand?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
cearp, how do people create .cia files? I want to try extracting my emunand, then extracting the game from the emunand.bin file. I then want to find a way to copy these files to my sysNAND (preferably .cia). Is that possible, or is the second step (extract game from emunand) currently impossible (no tools)?

Edit: just found out I need my 2DS keys to extract from the emunand.bin file. Is there a way to get those on 9.4 emunand?
No way to generate xorpads on 2ds consoles, so afaik there will be no way to decrypt your nand to extract anything

All tools for rom/nand decryption will only work for 4.x consoles (not sure if maybe they can be adapted to work with the new exploit, but atm nope)

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update time! my quest to get my AK2i working again is complete with positive results! it's resurrected!

once I heard how gw downgrade returns to 4.2 and knowing AK2i was blocked, I believe, at at least 4.3 or most 4.5, I had to downgrade! I couldn't though because you can't downgrade from 4.5 to 4.2. so, through my attempts today, found out you can't updated system nand using gw 3.0 using the up button method. it corrupts the sys nand and black screens even with a hard mod, which you can still fix with the nand mod because your pc still sees the 3ds - just no blue screen. anyway, I updated to 5.x with M&L dream team then downgraded to 4.2. at this point ak2i is still blocked. I applied this cia and boom! fixed!

so dust off your ak2i and start modding your sys nand!

Reactions: cearp

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
update time! my quest to get my AK2i working again is complete with positive results! it's resurrected!

once I heard how gw downgrade returns to 4.2 and knowing AK2i was blocked, I believe, at at least 4.3 or most 4.5, I had to downgrade! I couldn't though because you can't downgrade from 4.5 to 4.2. so, through my attempts today, found out you can't updated system nand using gw 3.0 using the up button method. it corrupts the sys nand and black screens even with a hard mod, which you can still fix with the nand mod because your pc still sees the 3ds - just no blue screen. anyway, I updated to 5.x with M&L dream team then downgraded to 4.2. at this point ak2i is still blocked. I applied this cia and boom! fixed!

so dust off your ak2i and start modding your sys nand!
Although somewhat unrelated to the thread's topic at hand, I was able to get my AK2i working once again, without the need for a Gateway card. Using Gateway's 3.0.1 launcher.dat, I triggered the browser exploit on SysNAND 9.2. I then downgraded with the downgrade file for my region (USA), which downgraded the system to 4.2. On 4.2, AK2i works, so I made a 4.2 EmuNAND, then I restored my 9.2 SysNAND using a backup I previously made. I would've made the SysNAND 4.2 and the EmuNAND 9.2, but there seems to be a black screen issue when trying to boot into an updated EmuNAND without the Gateway card. Still, it'll work for now. I'll use the browser exploit on 9.2 SysNAND to get to 4.2 EmuNAND, where I will be able to play on my AK2i. I'll probably buy a Gateway card or clone later in the year but for now, I'll have fun playing on my AK2i after having dusted it off from a 2 year nap.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
So wait, you can install the exploit on 9.2 using the blue card ?

No. I use the new web browser exploit. I just installed the cia by booting into gateway mode without emunand setup (different sd card), so sysnand IS gateway mode. So now the blue card is unblocked on my 9.2 sysnand.

My console is originally 4.4 out of the box, was running 4.5 until the gateway update. But i do have a hard mod just incase. :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm going to miss my CycloDS Evolution. I swear, it WAS the best flash cart.. It was....

it was :D

I was wondering as well.
Why can't the good old CycloEvo work on 3DS using the OP's method?
Is it not just a matter of removing its entry in the blacklist?

because it isn't in the blacklist, it never did work on 3ds/(dsi too i think) - so we can't turn back time etc etc. (easily)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Applied the cia to both my downgraded to 4.2 and 9.2 3DS XL. DSTTi works on the 4.2 console but still is blocked on 9.2

if you are certain you installed it on 9.2 sysnnd then yes, maybe it was patched in a ds firmware upgrade for the 3ds, we cannot get round it super easily then :)

Trevorasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me open with I just began dabbling with the 3ds flashcart scene recently, still learning a lot.

Basically I'm trying to get my GW Blue Card to work on my Sysnand 8.1. From the above posts I've: placed launcher.dat, the resupport cia on a fresh 1gb SD card without Emunand. Booted into GW Mode with red card using QR exploit, installed the the resupport cia, rebooted the 3ds and still cannot launch it without 3ds crashing.

Any advice? Thanks.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I would actually like to ask, because I am honestly interested somewhat in this, but when you say that it should not be installed on a system that has emuNAND on it linked with gateway, and that a separate SD should be used to install the .cia, does that mean that whenever I would wish to use my DS flashcarts, I would have to use that one specific SD that the .cia is installed to? Or am I able to do so for every SD that I use?

Just curious.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I would actually like to ask, because I am honestly interested somewhat in this, but when you say that it should not be installed on a system that has emuNAND on it linked with gateway, and that a separate SD should be used to install the .cia, does that mean that whenever I would wish to use my DS flashcarts, I would have to use that one specific SD that the .cia is installed to? Or am I able to do so for every SD that I use?

Just curious.
nope the cia is installed to nand (replacing the real whitelist) system titles are installed to nand, games are installed to SD....so once its installed it would work even with no SD inserted

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
nope the cia is installed to nand (replacing the real whitelist) system titles are installed to nand, games are installed to SD....so once its installed it would work even with no SD inserted
So theoretically, I could run DS flashcarts on my current SD card that has the emuNAND on it and not the SD that was used to install the .cia, as long as I don't activate the exploit, is that what you are saying?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: