DanielChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Asdolo,

Firstly, thanks for your amazing works.

I would like to contribute in testing your download play injector. We have two N3DS XL consoles :)

Reactions: Asdolo

DanielChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Asdolo,

We did some multiplayer testing with the new injector. Seriously can't wait for the final release, this app is awesome!

Battle City, D-Pad Hero (I-II), Double Dragon II, and Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu (English patched ROM) works out of box with download play.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (US) and Super Mario Bros. 3 (US and J) not working. They both crash, if I select VC 1 or VC 2 injection. Didn't tried Retroarch tho....

Only one thing is bugging me (which I know is Nintendo's fault) that I can't save in download play. Do you know that it is even possible to fix this in the future?

Reactions: CatmanFan

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Bros. 2 (US) and Super Mario Bros. 3 (US and J) not working. They both crash, if I select VC 1 or VC 2 injection. Didn't tried Retroarch tho....

Only one thing is bugging me (which I know is Nintendo's fault) that I can't save in download play. Do you know that it is even possible to fix this in the future?
Super mario bros 2 isn't 2 players, and super mario bros 3 both exist on eshop already. But now you mention it, i can try the rom hack New Super mario bros 3. :P
No, you can't save using download play, is not a flaw, bug, glitch, is intended.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

DanielChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Super mario bros 2 isn't 2 players, and super mario bros 3 both exist on eshop already.
Yeah, I know it. I just want to play them in pixel perfect mode and without the dark filter, so eShop version is not good for me. Tried ROM injecting with both this Ultimate NES VC Injector 1.2, and Asdolo's new "Super Ultimate Injector (beta)".

So, technically it's a feature that I can't save in multiplayer mode, I see.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know it. I just want to play them in pixel perfect mode and without the dark filter, so eShop version is not good for me. Tried ROM injecting with both this Ultimate NES VC Injector 1.2, and Asdolo's new "Super Ultimate Injector (beta)".

So, technically it's a feature that I can't save in multiplayer mode, I see.
I believe you can extract the eshop decrypted cia and alter a config text file to get the desired results. (yes I'm aware the injector makes it easier) but if is not working with it at the moment, was suggesting alternative ways.
Just curious which super mario bros 2 are you using USA or JAP? I don't think the injector supports FDS games yet.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
BzBpEeD.jpg

Why is this showing when i create metroid cia vc rom?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Ummm Not compatible? you using a rom hack? :ninja:
Both are clean roms.
I uaed rom hack "metroid rouge dawn" and it works fine, but clean metroid rom doesnt.

This aint only rom i have problems with... I converted 50 roms and 10 are corupted like this, or dont show anything. They are all clean i think.

Last edited by Metoroid0,

cyberdreamz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are clean roms.
I uaed rom hack "metroid rouge dawn" and it works fine, but clean metroid rom doesnt.

This aint only rom i have problems with... I converted 50 roms and 10 are corupted like this, or dont show anything. They are all clean i think.

Have you tried creating a cia using the nes retroarch forwarder?

Reactions: Metoroid0

Bigbeatsal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a similar problem with a rom hack of megaman 3 it works fine until I press start on the robot master select screen after that it becomes a mess of pixels.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a similar problem with a rom hack of megaman 3 it works fine until I press start on the robot master select screen after that it becomes a mess of pixels.
If the rom crash, is not compatible. Not much to do about it, VC emulation was only meant for a handful of games, not every single one. Rockman 4 minus infinity works, but only the MMC3 version, not the MMC5 version. :)

gamesgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Where the original resolution of the NES VC is 284X240 px (VC original)
This is not perfect, NES VC display content is not NTSC 256X224 (although the speed or NTSC 60 frames, not 50 frames of PAL)
But show PAL 256X240 (this can be perfect point-to-point display line, 3DS is 240 lines)
But the width of 284, it is not 4: 3.

To fix the perfect 4: 3 screen, you can calculate it.
Because the vast majority of games designed for the NTSC display (256X224), so to NTSC to calculate the required width: 299: 224 = 4: 3, this can ensure that the screen ratio is not distorted,
224 lines increase the top and bottom of the PAL 8 lines, is 299X240, so we changed the width to 299, you can achieve the perfect 4: 3 show!

Open file: "Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS.exe", find

[NES]
Width = 284
Height = 240

Edit To:

[NES]
Width = 299
Height = 240

total 4 places

then run the modified exe, select the resolution of 284X240 px (VC original), generate NES VC, you're done!

I hope @Asdolo can implement it in the next version.

dooffff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMB3 always comes on with a black screen after I install the CIA. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would help.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Fixed in my New Super Ultimate Injector. Coming soon!

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Any chance this bug with "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" gets resolved? It wasnt fixed in NES emulators until 2011. (wait for gameplay to start, screen is shaky). Its fixed in almost all post 2011 emulators. I had to dig up a pre-2011 emulator to be able to record it (alternative would be phone pointed at 3DS)

Last edited by Chrushev,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0