Hacking Emulation Homebrew Misc NSUI SNES VC banner not working if adding sound

Mr_Start

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So recently i was trying to customizate entirely my VC games, adding icons, sounds and custom images, NES was OK, GBA was OK and even DS was OK,
when i came to the Snes part, customizing the icons, and the TV banner was ok, and added the custom sound for each game (wav with less of 2.99 seconds). Now to the part of installing the CIA on the 3DS, it doesn't show up the banner nor the sound, tried adding less miliseconds to the banner and didn't even worked, when i took out the banner custom sound it worked, funny thing is that, even without banner and sound showing, you can access without any problem.

That's just a bug report, thanks for reading.
(PS: i'm on beta 28 of the NSUI)

2023-03-06_17-34-38.534_top.png

2023-03-06_17-34-38.534_bot.png

(This file i was selecting the bomberman 2 vc on the bottom right)

greenmeef

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I ran into this same problem, and I managed to find a workaround. Not sure exactly which steps here were key, but its reproducible.
- Start with your SNES inject .cia with the default sound.
- Use NSUI's 'CIA extract and rebuild' under Tools
- Extract the .cia and copy out the banner.bnr from extracted/ExtractedExeFS
- Using ba-GUI-nnertool, extract the banner. It should spit out a directory, NEWbanner.bnr. Now you need to prepare the sound.
- Start with any audio file that you want. I used Audacity to cut out exactly 3 seconds of audio from .flac files (direct SNES rips) and save as .wav.
Bonus stuff I did:​
- Added a fade in/out for some tracks (sounded a bit better in some cases)​
- Added amplification. You may have noticed that the sound bites need to be a little bit louder to come through well on the 3DS.​
- Changed the Project Rate from 44100khz to 32000khz. I did this because I was suspicious that my .wav files were too large, and this reduced the size without affecting the sound noticeably. This might be important, idk. Doesn't hurt.​
- Once you have your .wav file, convert it to a .bcwav. I used ctr_WaveConverter32.
- Replace the banner.bcwav in the NewBanner.bnr folder with your newly created .bcwav (make sure you name it 'banner.bcwav'
- Use ba-GUI-nnertool to create new banner. Select the banner0.bcmdl in the NewBanner.bnr folder and click Begin, and it should spit out a new banner.bnr.
- Finally, back to NSUI. Replace the banner.bnr from extracted/ExtractedExeFS with your new banner.bnr. Now rebuild your .cia, and make sure to copy it out of the temp folder before closing the CIA extract tool.

Hopefully the end result should be a .cia that has the model, title, etc that you wanted as well as the elusive sound!

Side note - I also used the CIA extract tool from NSUI to fix the icons of some games. I noticed that when I uploaded an icon that was exactly 48x48 or 24x24, the opposite icon would be blurry from up/downscaling, despite being exactly formatted. So to fix that I just scaled my icons with another program, and then set them through the CIA extract tool.

Mr_Start

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I ran into this same problem, and I managed to find a workaround. Not sure exactly which steps here were key, but its reproducible.
- Using ba-GUI-nnertool, extract the banner. It should spit out a directory, NEWbanner.bnr. Now you need to prepare the sound.
- Start with any audio file that you want. I used Audacity to cut out exactly 3 seconds of audio from .flac files (direct SNES rips) and save as .wav.
- Added amplification. You may have noticed that the sound bites need to be a little bit louder to come through well on the 3DS.​
- Changed the Project Rate from 44100khz to 32000khz. I did this because I was suspicious that my .wav files were too large, and this reduced the size without affecting the sound noticeably. This might be important, idk. Doesn't hurt.​
- Once you have your .wav file, convert it to a .bcwav. I used ctr_WaveConverter32.
- Replace the banner.bcwav in the NewBanner.bnr folder with your newly created .bcwav (make sure you name it 'banner.bcwav'
- Use ba-GUI-nnertool to create new banner. Select the banner0.bcmdl in the NewBanner.bnr folder and click Begin, and it should spit out a new banner.bnr.
- Finally, back to NSUI. Replace the banner.bnr from extracted/ExtractedExeFS with your new banner.bnr. Now rebuild your .cia, and make sure to copy it out of the temp folder before closing the CIA extract tool.

Hopefully the end result should be a .cia that has the model, title, etc that you wanted as well as the elusive sound!

Side note - I also used the CIA extract tool from NSUI to fix the icons of some games. I noticed that when I uploaded an icon that was exactly 48x48 or 24x24, the opposite icon would be blurry from up/downscaling, despite being exactly formatted. So to fix that I just scaled my icons with another program, and then set them through the CIA extract tool.
No fucking way, i'm going to do that immediately and i'll confirm if this worked

Mr_Start

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I tried and it didn't worked, maybe it was because my .wav was by 02.974 seconds? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: