ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS

MegaManTrigger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi-minor report: none of the Wizards & Warriors games work via this injector -- the first game gets garbled graphics and a flashing pink screen, the second game gets a low audio hum (sometimes loads the initial credits, sometimes doesn't), and the third game simply gets a gray screen. I have yet to test cots's Basic NES Injector, but I'm already aware that other injections have been made elsewhere (and my ROMs definitely work in emulators). I'm guessing this is yet another compatibility issue, but as I'm not an injection wizard, I leave that to the good judgment of those who are.

Wily & Light's RockBoard: That's Paradise!! (translation-patched ROM) launches and starts games just fine, but has issues midgame. Once the first player finishes his first turn, the visuals either vanish or turn to garbled nonsense.

Last edited by MegaManTrigger,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo I just wanted you to know, that i tried using the injector on a rom hack called rockman 4 minus infinity, the rom hack uses mmc3 or mmc5 mapper, and the mmc3 version works as intended, no problem, but the mmc5 does not. I was wondering if you could fix this? It is a fact that mmc5 mapper games exist on VC, one i know is castlevania 3 dracula's curse. The game is a mmc5 mapper but only the NA and EU (NTSC North america and PAL Europe) versions, the japanese famicom one does not, it uses the vrc6 chip instead. I dunno if any Japanese games exist on vc with mmc5 but i was just curious if this was possible to make this work?

Also if anyone has time, please test this for me would be appreciated it, i had the idea of injecting the rom hack into the castlevania 3 cia except the rom hack is based off the japanese rockman 4 game not American mega man 4, with the idea of using a japanese rom inject on american cia i was not sure if it worked. I don't have any room on my sd card to do it myself right now, but just a thought to be honest.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few of them didn't work; Felix The Cat (He shows up in the stage with only a background and a constant noise keeps playing) and Tetris 2 (When it goes to the puzzle, it shows up at Lv. 99 and the high score says 999,999 and there's no music or falling blocks). What happened? Also, Mario's Adventure (ROM hack) shows up with corrupted graphics.

Last edited by 03bgood,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great! Except for one thing... I can't seem to properly import VC banners. They keep coming out semi-transparent and repeated; like you'll see several squashed versions of the same image in the banner. What am I doing wrong? I plan to use your injectors with other games, but I want to make sure I can do it right.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: Asdolo

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: nevermind, will look into this!
I seem to be getting this error as well, I was only able to export to CIA once. Now I keep getting this error. BTW what is SRAM patch used for? I'm using a N3DS right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tried that, the main temp folder, and the one with 3dstool.exe
(it seems each time I run it, it gives me a new folder, and a new copy, I now have 14 copies :P)
PrdxfBr.png

I think this may just be an issue with my pc specifically.
I actually have the same issue right now.

Help anyone? I keep getting these errors at different times,
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."
"Local\temp\(numbers)\rom_patched.gba"
and
"Local\temp\(numbers)\3dstool.exe"
Not sure why.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I seem to be getting this error as well, I was only able to export to CIA once. Now I keep getting this error. BTW what is SRAM patch used for? I'm using a N3DS right now.

I actually have the same issue right now.

Help anyone? I keep getting these errors at different times,
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."
"Local\temp\(numbers)\rom_patched.gba"
and
"Local\temp\(numbers)\3dstool.exe"
Not sure why.
Are you using a 32 bits system? Are you patching the rom using the program patcher (IPS patch, SRAM patch, etc)?

The SRAM patch "forces" a game to have the SRAM save type, instead of other one.

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a 32 bits system? Are you patching the rom using the program patcher (IPS patch, SRAM patch, etc)?

The SRAM patch "forces" a game to have the SRAM save type, instead of other one.
Im using a 64bit system, I was able to get it to work on my newer PC. Not sure why my old PC doesn't wont to export. It gets error often and rarely works.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the injector running on a PSP NES emulator for the base of the ROMs because I've noticed some issues; some start up fine and then crash either after logos or pressing start (Battletoads, Dig Dug II), some play with minor graphical glitches (Kirby's Adventure; the file select screen bounces for some reason) and other don't work at all (like Kids Icarus; grey screen).

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get any of the nes cia coverted games to work, they lock up after the title screen or after the title sequence (battletoads) is there a fix for this?

ConfusedMujina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a good tool, and I have made many CIAs with this tool!

I am encountering an error when trying to make SMB2 with this tool however, and I am uncertain if it's the tool or bad emulation.

I am on 64x Windows 10.
I am using Luma to load al9h on an n3DS, and FBI to install CIA files.
When I create a cia of SMB2, it appears to build the file fine, and FBI appears to install it fine.

The game loads fine, and the title screen runs. However...

If built using the controller swap feature, Then the game hangs at this point while the character select music plays. Usually a black screen, but occasionally a different solid color.
If built using the 1p only control method, Then at this point, the 3DS will freeze for a moment, then force close the application with a message demanding the 3ds be restarted.

FrostyDialga

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you working on one for SNES9x for Old 3DS? Would love to have SNES games on my home menu on my old 3ds.

BlackStealth08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues getting Super Mario Bros 2 & 3, and Metroid working.

SMB2 will load the to title screen but when I press start the screen turns black and the audio still plays.
SMB3 loads a grey screen and locks up.
Metroid loads the title screen but when I press start the screen is a mess of broken titles.
xRHLXcu.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: not yet tho