the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes and I have it enabled. Asdolo, unless you know of specific 4.5 functions, I'll attempt tonight. Thanks for advice, guys.
I'm pretty sure I don't use an especic 4.5 function, so I'll try to compile it for 4.0 in a while. Also, if even with 4.0 the program doesn't work, I'll glad to help you to find out the possible problems (and fix them).

Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I don't use an especic 4.5 function, so I'll try to compile it for 4.0 in a while. Also, if even with 4.0 the program doesn't work, I'll glad to help you to find out the possible problems (and fix them).

I would appreciate that very much. Unfortunately, I just gave it a try as-is, and got an error message before the program would even run. "not a valid Win32 application."

shovel%2Bsand%2Bon%2Bown%2Bhead.gif

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo I've noticed some games are broken when injected with this that all work on official VC, so perhaps something needs to be a bit more refined in your program.

- super mario bros 2
- super mario bros 3
- castlevania III (I mentioned that previously in PM)
- zelda II - the adventure of link

Might be a good idea to come back to this one before moving onto the next injector, those are some important NES games to have

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
@Asdolo I've noticed some games are broken when injected with this that all work on official VC, so perhaps something needs to be a bit more refined in your program.

- super mario bros 2
- super mario bros 3

Might be a good idea to come back to this one before moving onto the next injector, those are some important NES games to have
This might be off-topic, but why did you put the game titles all in minuscule letters?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina

- super mario bros 2
- super mario bros 3

Have you tried both possible button lauyouts for those roms?

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Have you tried both possible button lauyouts for those roms?
The NES, GB and GBC emulators are all the same, you can run a NES ROM in a GBC emulator, and vice versa. The X = VC Menu layout is really just a GBC emulator for use with NES ROMs. The L+R=Y multiplayer layout is an American NES emulator to be exact. You can tell by the Virtual Console Menu color. It is normally red in NES emulators, and green in GB/GBC emulators. It is purple on the SNES VC, which of course is designed differently from the NES/GB/GBC/laggy GBA emulation VC, specifically for use with New 3DS systems if anything.

Last edited by CatmanFan,
Reactions: Ryccardo

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know any NES VC injection with Download Play support?
Know, but this guy dissapeared after this video:

I did not disappear!

Download Play injection is annoying because the "DLP child" needs to have NCCH encrypted (you need to do this every time you test it and stuff). other than that, the romfs is 100% identical to the base game, so just reuse that.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll try, do you have two consoles with CWF to test?
take a look above; the DLP child is the third content in the CIA (index 2, "contents.0002.xxxxxxxx" from ctrtool), inside it has another CIA, which needs to be encrypted each time you want to use it, since NAND titles have to be encrypted.

Reactions: Asdolo

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
take a look above; the DLP child is the third content in the CIA (index 2, "contents.0002.xxxxxxxx" from ctrtool), inside it has another CIA, which needs to be encrypted each time you want to use it, since NAND titles have to be encrypted.
Yes, but the problem is... Since my injector makes a decrypted CIA, is there a way to encrypt it without a 3DS?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the problem is... Since my injector makes a decrypted CIA, is there a way to encrypt it without a 3DS?
nope, not really. you could do some kind of magic with ncchinfo generation and xorpads, but that's pretty dirty. or have the user encrypt the DLP child CIA, which is also not that good.

one of these would be good to have but we don't yet:
  • wait for custom firmwares to support zerokey crypto. this is easy since the key is just zeros. only Gateway and Nintendo developer hardware supports this though right now.
  • wait for custom firmwares to remove the encryption requirement for NAND titles. not sure how hard this is.
  • wait for a bootrom dump, so we can get the missing crypto keys.

Reactions: Asdolo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter