sykotiksonik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice job on this, Asdolo! Fantastic tool, and it just feels faster to me than the previous version. Is that because of the Retroarch 1.4?

BTW, is there any possible chance of future updates to the other VC Injectors having the custom bottom screen border option that this has, or is that an impossibility? Would love to replace that old VC screen.

sykotiksonik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having this issue? Some of my game's custom bottom screens have a very distracting blur tint. Is there any way of fixing this?

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_113800.jpg
    IMG_20170209_113800.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20170209_113948.jpg
    IMG_20170209_113948.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 248

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Is anyone else having this issue? Some of my game's custom bottom screens have a very distracting blur tint. Is there any way of fixing this?

Is that happening to the pre-made bottom screen images too? If not, try to use 24bpp bmp images.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any way to make a custom 3D banner for my .cias? And add a custom chime for when I click it?

You can replace the banner.bin with whichever banner.bin you like. The sound is in there too.

This injector creates the 3D banner for you. if you want to use another one, you'll have to make one, or at least grab it from another CIA.

Last edited by Asdolo,
Reactions: sykotiksonik

Funkymon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS will crash and you'll have to restart it by pressing power button for 15 seconds... (and you'll probably lost your game progress :P)

Ah... heh. Is that something you might be able to fix on a future release, or probably not? I'm trying to decide when to make forwarders for my 50+ ROMs from Steam. :D

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow I finally got a chance to try out your new update I saw when you first posted the update and download it after like 5 minutes but I finally got to convert some games last night

and barley try them out today man...your tools are some of the best in this community by far great job asdolo [emoji108] [emoji108]

sykotiksonik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is that happening to the pre-made bottom screen images too? If not, try to use 24bpp bmp images.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you want to use another one, you'll have to make one, or at least grab it from another CIA.

I actually fixed my image problem! Was using .png instead of .jpg, lol. They all look fantastic now, and I'm ecstatic!

But these custom banner.bins, can we do that with the other VC injectors? And how would one create their own? Forgive my noobness, but I am, in fact, a noob at this stuff.

zephonate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I didn't see that there was an update and literally just finished converting all my .CIAs. So if I want to be able to put my 3DS to sleep while on the Home menu from inside a Genesis game, do I need to reconvert all my ROMs again?

Laserschwert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not sure if this is possible, but since most people are probably going to convert a lot of titles (or their whole collections) with these forwarders, do you think there might be a chance to add a "mass conversion mode" to your tools?

What I have in mind is kind of a list or spreadsheet view, where all the settings for the conversion are shown in a single multi-column line. In the first column you pick your ROM image, the next column let's you enter the game's name, then the publisher, then come more columns with browse buttons for the banner images, some drop-down buttons or check boxes for the rest of the options, etc.

Then you can add another ROM in line two and so forth to then batch process your entire list. Ideally make this list saveable to a file, so that when there's an updated version of the tool, you don't have to enter everything again.

And basically the last page of your tool as it is now can have an "Add to batch list" button, which adds the currently set up game with all its settings, images and paths to that list, so you could even fill up the list using the GUI version.

Last edited by Laserschwert,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not sure if this is possible, but since most people are probably going to convert a lot of titles (or their whole collections) with these forwarders, do you think there might be a chance to add a "mass conversion mode" to your tools?

What I have in mind is kind of a list or spreadsheet view, where all the settings for the conversion are shown in a single multi-column line. In the first column you pick your ROM image, the next column let's you enter the game's name, then the publisher, then come more columns with browse buttons for the banner images, some drop-down buttons or check boxes for the rest of the options, etc.

Then you can add another ROM in line two and so forth to then batch process your entire list. Ideally make this list saveable to a file, so that when there's an updated version of the tool, you don't have to enter everything again.

And basically the last page of your tool as it is now can have an "Add to batch list" button, which adds the currently set up game with all its settings, images and paths to that list, so you could even fill up the list using the GUI version.

I could just make a "forwarder updater" in which you pick your v1.1 CIA and it'll convert it to a v1.2 CIA. If there are new options on v1.2 I could make the updater ask you what to do with these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4