ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thunderchicken66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, the banner text is completely blank for me even though the app tells me it should be there. Is there a setting or something that I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 493
  • Screenshot from 2020-05-11 14-44-41.png
    Screenshot from 2020-05-11 14-44-41.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 423

Scooby_Doofus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm sorry. I don't know how to search this thread and there are 74 pages to go through. I decided to risk getting yelled at for asking a dumb/already answered question and post. I'm having trouble with this tool hanging. When I go to upload my newly-created .gba the folder pops up with "working on it" and never shows the contents of my folder. I have to force-close the tool. It was working just a half-hour ago and now it isn't. I just don't know enough about the whole 3DS hacking world to know how to fix this and Googling hasn't given any answers either.

Edit: Found the answer almost immediately after asking this question. Apparently, Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS does not like it if you have too many files in one folder. I had my new .gba in my downloads folder...along with 10,000 other files. I moved everything but the new .gba file out of the downloads folder, and the injector worked fine. Go figure.

Last edited by Scooby_Doofus,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm sorry. I don't know how to search this thread and there are 74 pages to go through. I decided to risk getting yelled at for asking a dumb/already answered question and post. I'm having trouble with this tool hanging. When I go to upload my newly-created .gba the folder pops up with "working on it" and never shows the contents of my folder. I have to force-close the tool. It was working just a half-hour ago and now it isn't. I just don't know enough about the whole 3DS hacking world to know how to fix this and Googling hasn't given any answers either.
Use the New Super Ultimate Injector. This tool is deprecated.

Scooby_Doofus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work for cheats? That's what I'm using it for--to patch a rom and use cheats. I was following the tutorial called, "How to Use Cheats with GBA Virtual Console," found on this (GBATemp) site (I'm too new here to post links, sorry).
If there's a newer tool/method, I'm unaware of it. Thank you for answering so quickly, though. I actually figured out what the problem was and edited my post to explain.

Last edited by Scooby_Doofus,

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so I need some help, has anyone been able to get Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 to install and run without having the corrupt save file screen appear? if so how do I get this game to run on my 3DS?

Thanks. :D

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
okay, so I need some help, has anyone been able to get Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 to install and run without having the corrupt save file screen appear? if so how do I get this game to run on my 3DS?

Thanks. :D

gustakasn0v

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to extract an old savegame created with the (now deprecated) Ultimate GBA VC Injector by following the process described in "3DS GBA Save Backup and Restore with GodMode9" in Digiex (sorry can't use links yet) (similar to the one outlined in this thread in post-7562026 post-7053449 and post-7053622) so I can migrate it to NSUI. At a high-level, I'm launching the old CIA, extracting the save from agbsave.bin, launching the new CIA, then injecting the old save.
However after following it, the game doesn't detect the save. Specifically, on Megaman Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, it just shows the 'New Game' option (no 'corrupt save' message or anything). I've tried injecting the .sav and loading the NSUI-generated CIA, importing it into VBA, and even loading it onto my EZ-FLASH IV Omega GBA flashcart, and none of the options work. I did open the .sav file with HxD and I noticed it looks different from a recent save I created via VBA, specifically in that my save uses B9 for (what I think are) empty values, whereas a VBA .sav uses 6A. The structure looks roughly the same, and even a save editor I found online and it seems to recognize some of the values.

Can someone help me figure out what's going on? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by gustakasn0v,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Backup the .GBA rom and raw .SAV (32.0 KB / 256 kbit SRAM) from the game already installed on HOME Menu with GBAVCSM.
  2. Download and install 7-Zip. Right mouse click on the rom → CRC SHA. Determine by CRC-32 hash if your copy is a clean rom dump.
  3. Check if the rom and save plays fine on desktop or 3DS versions of mGBA emulator.
  4. If creating a new GBA VC injection with the latest NSUI beta 27, you may need to fiddle with the ROM save type setting.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by PrincessLillie,

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got into this, and I have a couple quick questions. The compatibility list claims that Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 just work. When I convert them, DKC1 doesn't save, DKC2 worked fine, and DKC3 had the video offset so the top part of the screen is on the bottom. Any ideas on what to do with 1 and 3?

EDIT: Just got DKC1 working with saving by applying the SRAM patch at the end. So, just need help getting DKC3 lined up correctly.

Last edited by MarcusRaven,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...