ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GB VC Injector for 3DS

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I'm trying to use the palette editor of the Injector. But I don't understand how I can use the GBC values. For every game I have three set of 4 colors: one for the background, two for sprites. On the Injector I have 5 set of values (ColorLCD, Color 0, 1, 2, 3) and each set has 3 colors.

Maybe I should add a picture to be a bit more clear :P

Attachments

• color.png
    color.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 606
Last edited by Feffe,

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe I've understood.
Using BGB emulator I managed to replicate the Metroid II palette, manually changing the background palette, the object 1 palette and the object 2 palette to match gambatte/CRF. Insted of modifying the overall palette, you click on "scheme" here and you change the BG, OBJ1 and OBJ2 palettes (there's also a WIN palettes, you have to apply the same value of BG)
3sFybB1.png

However, the Injector is able to colorize only the overall palette. Is this a limit of the Nintendo emulator? After all it's a OG GB emulator, while both BGB and Gambatte are GB+GBC emulators. If that's not an emulator limit, can you @Asdolo add to ability to modify the BG/OBJ1/OBJ2 palettes? (It would also be cool if you can add the option to auto-colorize the games, like Gambatte, checking an internal database, but I imagine that would be a bit harder)

lisalover1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans for link cable support a la the Pokémon VC releases? I have seen other people make patched roms of the gen 1 games, so is this how they did it?

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Are there any plans for link cable support a la the Pokémon VC releases? I have seen other people make patched roms of the gen 1 games, so is this how they did it?
Probably, but it requires a patch file with specific text patches inside to make the ROM work with Gen 2 VC. Also, the ROMs are not patched.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute, how were they able to do it? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Some games for vc have a actual text file that patches ingame data on the fly, is like how for example you use IPS patches for roms in emulators.

Instead of actually applying the patch to rom, by injecting it. The emulator loads data into the memory and patches it when the game is loaded and play. That why the snakes in Oracle of ages and seasons, the blue one is disabled. That why the cap com logo on the shantae game doesn't appear. The rom is exactly as it is dumped, it contains no altered data, is done on the fly as the game is played with another file.

Is the equivilant to playing actual games like super mario bros with game genie, or action replay or game shark.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Some games for vc have a actual text file that patches ingame data on the fly, is like how for example you use IPS patches for roms in emulators.

Instead of actually applying the patch to rom, by injecting it. The emulator loads data into the memory and patches it when the game is loaded and play. That why the snakes in Oracle of ages and seasons, the blue one is disabled. That why the cap com logo on the shantae game doesn't appear. The rom is exactly as it is dumped, it contains no altered data, is done on the fly as the game is played with another file.
Thanks, that information you told @lisalover1 about is better than mine :D

lisalover1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, that's pretty clever! Is there any tutorial for making a text file to link a patch to the rom in the cia?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's pretty clever! Is there any tutorial for making a text file to link a patch to the rom in the cia?
Unless you know how to do it, I dunno. FIrst you have to examine existing data, in other words extract a cia that contains the data. Then understand how it works, try to replicate the desired result and then alter it to your desired result. Though understanding it and replicating is not easy if you don't understand.

Is possible to just remove the file from the cia before building and installing it, to play the unaltered game or even just directly patch it into the game. Only if you can understand how it works and make it work independantly. Besides this isn't the first time nintendo vc games have been doing this.

Wii and wii u games have it. The VC games for Vwii on wiishop, like the sega games, Phantasy star 2 has patches that work the same way that either fix some issues or censor some content within game. The nes remix has super luigi bros which is a mod hack of super mario bros, with the game mirrored kinda like ocarina of time master quest. The luigi bros game on the super mario 3d world has the same kind of patches.:teach:

Raphael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Pokemon cias wont boot, but I havent applied any kind of patches in the last panel, maybe thats why? I also randomized them before, so that may be the issue too.
If you know anything, I would appreciate the help. Also, does this fix the save issue I have read about before? If not, how do I fix it? I would appreciate your help.

EDIT: Also, what is this AGB_Firm thing, do I need it? Thanks

Last edited by Raphael1,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Pokemon cias wont boot, but I havent applied any kind of patches in the last panel, maybe thats why? I also randomized them before, so that may be the issue too.
If you know anything, I would appreciate the help. Also, does this fix the save issue I have read about before? If not, how do I fix it? I would appreciate your help.

Which pokemon game?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

Yes, you didn't apply any patches. Check here for solutions.

Also, AGB_FIRM is simply a 3DS-enhanced version of the GBA firmware. Since the original 3DS wasn't powerful enough to emulate GBA games, Nintendo had decided to use hardware simulation for the ten GBA games released as part of the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program. This hardware simulation is similar to the DS/DSi backwards compatibility where the 3DS boots into a version of the DSi firmware called TWL_FIRM to play the games natively. This is the same thing for GBA.

Reactions: Cralex

Gow supremo

I am playing my 2ds
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'am speak english but its posible the program in other languages is better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its a great program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: