Homebrew [Release] TRICK - Frontend for 4.X CFW with customizable boot options

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First: if you don't know what you're doing, stay away from PBT. It stands for Perfect Brick Tool.
Anyway, Pokemon X will never work with PBT or Palantine, as it is encrypted with 7.x+ keys.

To make it work you have to (assuming you're still using PBT):
1 - Install DevMenu.
2 - Install a CLEAN, LEGIT CIA for Pokemon X/Y.
3 - Backup your SD card.
4 - Create a Emunand partition on your SD card (use Gateway loader.dat for that).
5 - Before turning 3DS back on, restore backed up content to your SD card.
6 - Install Roxas' RXTools with keys. Make sure EmuNand and Keys signs are both green. Load Emunand from there.
7 - Update Emunand. Be careful, lots of things might update your Sysnand, so make sure you're on Emunand. It is very easy to mess it up.
8 - Now you can play, but only on your Emunand.

To do it on Palantine CFW, you need to setup dual emunand, install it on the Rednand , extract rednand and reinsert it as a normal emunand on partition 1. It is more difficult, but is way safer.

Reactions: Margen67

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First: if you don't know what you're doing, stay away from PBT. It stands for Perfect Brick Tool.
Anyway, Pokemon X will never work with PBT or Palantine, as it is encrypted with 7.x+ keys.

To make it work you have to (assuming you're still using PBT):
1 - Install DevMenu.
2 - Install a CLEAN, LEGIT CIA for Pokemon X/Y.
3 - Backup your SD card.
4 - Create a Emunand partition on your SD card (use Gateway loader.dat for that).
5 - Before turning 3DS back on, restore backed up content to your SD card.
6 - Install Roxas' RXTools with keys. Make sure EmuNand and Keys signs are both green. Load Emunand from there.
7 - Update Emunand. Be careful, lots of things might update your Sysnand, so make sure you're on Emunand. It is very easy to mess it up.
8 - Now you can play, but only on your Emunand.

To do it on Palantine CFW, you need to setup dual emunand, install it on the Rednand , extract rednand and reinsert it as a normal emunand on partition 1. It is more difficult, but is way safer.

I did it like this. All games showed on rxemunand 4.5 but after i update all missing

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So you have to be more specific on what you've done.
There are two more things for you to try:
- Extract the ticket.db from your PTB-Sysnand with the game installed. Inject it using RXTools on the Emunand.
- If that doesn't work, (re)download a 100% Legit CIA. Something is wrong with the one you're installing. Make sure you can check its integrity.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So you have to be more specific on what you've done.
There are two more things for you to try:
- Extract the ticket.db from your PTB-Sysnand with the game installed. Inject it using RXTools on the Emunand.
- If that doesn't work, (re)download a 100% Legit CIA. Something is wrong with the one you're installing. Make sure you can check its integrity.

Im installing 100% legit cias and i checked hash numbers. I tried with ticked.db and maybe bricked my console. When i push power button shows only black screen.

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How the heck have you done that?
In theory, you only had to dump your ticket.db, and inject it on the Emunand. There was nothing to be written on the Sysnand. So, how?
Anyway, I hope you have access to a hardware mod and a Nand dump.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read here and check that you're doing everything right.

If you can confirm that there is something not working, tell me every detail on your setup and booting sequence and i'll try to find the reason.

Read here and check that you're doing everything right.

If you can confirm that there is something not working, tell me every detail on your setup and booting sequence and i'll try to find the reason.

Still not working. Same error.
The SD card I use has the name GATEWAYNAND.

My setup:
Nintendo 3DS
TRICK
Launcher.dat

Nintendo 3DS and TRICK are folders.
The Launcher.dat is from the GW as you suggested.

I don't know if anything has to do something with it, but on my other SD card I boot rxTools via DS profile exploit and is an updated rxTools emuNAND 9.7.
My sysNAND is 4.5.

EDIT: I also add that I have a black screen when booting in Gateway classic mode with the GATEWAYNAND SD card. Classic mode = emuNAND?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to re-install the DS profile exploit for some reason. I think it's because of the other SD, I don't know.
Anyway, it works, booting emuNAND still shows the same FW without extra letters (like rxTools shows RX-E)
Am I 100% sure on emuNAND?

EDIT: Also wnetwatcher fails to connect and I entered the correct IP, I'm 100% sure.
What can I do?

25yvyup.png

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
nop90, you plan on creating something like this for PastaCFW? (for o3DS users) PastaCFW doesn't have emunand like this, but I can see it benefiting from your contributions judging from what you've done here. For one, not having to use Cubic Ninja to boot it would be a big addition. ;)

Reactions: caytung07
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
nop90, you plan on creating something like this for PastaCFW? (for o3DS users) PastaCFW doesn't have emunand like this, but I can see it benefiting from your contributions judging from what you've done here. For one, not having to use Cubic Ninja to boot it would be a big addition. ;)
I absolutly like this.
I really want to start PastaCFW without CN, that would be epic as fu** <3

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I'm working on it right now. I'm slowed down by not having a testing 3DS, so probably the mset boot will be added to PASTA before I end my work (it's not difficoult).

But I'll continue on my version anyway.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on it right now. I'm slowed down by not having a testing 3DS, so probably the mset boot will be added to PASTA before I end my work (it's not difficoult).

But I'll continue on my version anyway.

I have 6.x MSET on my 9.2 sysnand on o3DS. So I can test that for you if you need someone for that. ;)

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did a quick and dirty port of the PASTA loader on MSET,with fixed addresses for 4.x. It compiles but it freezes on loading.

I'll debug it in the next days and if i can make it work, I'll try to add fw detection to support other fw.

I the meantime I found a 3DS XL on FW 8.1.0.9E for 100€. I'll take it tomorrow.

Saddly there are a lot of used 3DS for about 75-85€ in very good condition, but they are all on 9.5+.

The percentage of 3DS owner playing pirated games is higly overstimated IMHO.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did a quick and dirty port of the PASTA loader on MSET,with fixed addresses for 4.x. It compiles but it freezes on loading.

I'll debug it in the next days and if i can make it work, I'll try to add fw detection to support other fw.

I the meantime I found a 3DS XL on FW 8.1.0.9E for 100€. I'll take it tomorrow.

Saddly there are a lot of used 3DS for about 75-85€ in very good condition, but they are all on 9.5+.

The percentage of 3DS owner playing pirated games is higly overstimated IMHO.
I have an old 3DS on 9.2 if you want. I would easily sell it to you for 85€+shipping. I would have to check shipping prices.

Nice work, by the way :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's maybe not the right thread, but maybe it could be done like this in TRICK too.

I thought maybe giving users the choice of patches to enable or disable before reloading the FW would be nice.
The current pastaCFW has "signature check" patches hard coded for each system version range. (FW version autodetection is not possible?)
but that's the only patch included. if in the future there are more addresses, the user could be presented with a menu to enable/disabled patches.
- signature check ON-OFF
- region free ON-OFF
- Firmware spoof ON-OFF
- custom addresses from a file ON-OFF (yeah, no need to recompile if it could load addresses and values from a file)
Patch and reboot to system NAND
Patch and reboot to emuNAND 1, etc.

but maybe all possible patches always ON is not an issue?
I just like allowing the end user make his own choices.

ShadowDaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this help me play my pokemon games even if i have CFW palentine and acces to 7.0 and 9.2 via nand restore and a latest firmware emunand,etc?

Sorry if i didnt asked it properly XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system