Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

k8099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
About" If you want to mantain your old CFW you can rename the old launcher.dat in MsetForBoss.dat and use it with changing the boot option in the DS profile hack",if i want changing the boot option ,then what i need to do?

Reactions: Margen67

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a nds homebrew called multiroploader.nds (search for it) that can install several version of the rop for the DS profile hack .

The first is for GW encrypted launcer.dat, the second is for the unencrypted launcher.dat and the third is to run the same unencrypted launcher.dat but renamed to msetforboss.dat.

Running this homebrew you can select up to different homebrew application on the sd to launch.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm seraching a used 3DSxl , but my budget is only 80€. Not easy but not impossible (I missed one yesterday on ebay, the owner replied me with the FW versiion too late). If I can find it, I'll start again to work to port opensource the boot.bin. Cross your finger!

if you come to my country and say that you will give them a CFW that works at the first attemp I know a lot of people that will give you 3DSXL and may be a N3DSXLMonHan4 Edition for FREE

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No difference with dual emunand or PBT-CFW. It's only a front end that can avoid swapping files on SD.

I already started to write a commented version of the boot.bin decompilation, and probably I will release it so someone else can try to fix the code.

But probably it's woth to follow a different way, like using the newer firmlaunch code (that you can find on Roxas github) instead of the old one used in the CFW or in the fist version of GW code. It should be easy to insert it in this launcher.

Everything is already out there, we miss only good coders (I'm not a good coder as you can understand reading my code :P and have very few time)

At the moment I don't have anymore a 3DS for coding and my child don't want I use theirs too often :cry:.

Maybe if I find a used 3DSXL with 4.x Fw at good price, I could buy it and play a little more with this CFW. My idea was to add an option to setup the emunand from the 3DS, like the GW SW does, with the option to select between GW and CFW emunand format, emunand extraction and injection, second emunand setup, partition resizing without loosing SD content. Nothing difficoult to do with low level SD libs you can find in rxTools source code.

why do not you injects the key 7.x into palantine cfw? This would allow + 4.5 emunand

k8099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There is a nds homebrew called multiroploader.nds (search for it) that can install several version of the rop for the DS profile hack .

The first is for GW encrypted launcer.dat, the second is for the unencrypted launcher.dat and the third is to run the same unencrypted launcher.dat but renamed to msetforboss.dat.

Running this homebrew you can select up to different homebrew application on the sd to launch.

i find the multiroploader.nds,but i can not use it,when i select the third and rename the the old launcher.dat in MsetForBoss.dat ,run the option just tell me error.

what is the problem that i think is i use the pbt-cfw?

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PBT-CFW Steps please. I tried with https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/ steps but always cfw mode freezes. Have i to make emunand in order to install on sysnand. Also normal mode and cfw mode have different ip

You don't need an emunand to run hacked sysnad (i.e. PBT-CFW).

It often freezes trying to instal devmenu, and in this case keep calm amd try since it works.

Afetr installing dev menu you don't need to press the L key booting and the CFW will not freeze anymore

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I try to launch this, I get 'An error has occurred, forcing this software to close'.

What do I have to do?

Read here and check that you're doing everything right.

If you can confirm that there is something not working, tell me every detail on your setup and booting sequence and i'll try to find the reason.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You don't need an emunand to run hacked sysnad (i.e. PBT-CFW).

It often freezes trying to instal devmenu, and in this case keep calm amd try since it works.

Afetr installing dev menu you don't need to press the L key booting and the CFW will not freeze anymore

I Have to install devmenu on Sysnand? It does not work on sysnand

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How are you trying to install legit CIAs without devmenu (or BBM, or BRM) ?

I first install devmenu then with devmenu can install legit cias.

With devmenu you can also check what is installed, uninstall unvanded sw, and also uninstall devemu itself if you don't need it anymore and don't want to leve it on menu.

The only reason for a good legit cia not showing on menu after a successful install is that it's for a different region.

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to install legit cias on sysnand but after the install finishes there is nothing installed

If you install a legit CIA from a different region it's not going to show up in your home menu outside of RedNAND. For this I have two 9.x emuNANDs and PBT set up on my SD card. One emuNAND for my native US region, and one for EU.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you install a legit CIA from a different region it's not going to show up in your home menu outside of RedNAND. For this I have two 9.x emuNANDs and PBT set up on my SD card. One emuNAND for my native US region, and one for EU.

I tried to install Pokemon x which is all region. I didnt set up an emunand with PBT is that my fault? I thought that PBT installs on sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end