Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
The only real issue is if the JPGV/BMPV player supports 3D playback. Until it does, I personally wouldn't be interested in it. :P

3D playback can be easily added but, for now, these players are not perfect. (Framerate is not fullspeed but a good ones) So blitting 2 images per frame could slowdown framerate and make video playback too crappy.

Reactions: puss2puss

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NicEXE answered you.
MP4 and MKV are container formats but you need to write a proper decoder for any audiocodec/videocodec these files support.
For now, lpp-3ds supports PCM-16 (stereo/mono) and ADPCM (only mono for now) codecs for audio and no one popular videocodec (JPGV and BMPV files uses a sequence of images like MPEG-1).

You do not need to support all codecs to implement MKV container support. only the ones the 3DS works with. at worst, it will not play them.

same goes with MP4. it is a container so it is up to you to make sure the video and audio are of a supported format for the device you are playing it back on.

Reactions: Jayro

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
You do not need to support all codecs to implement MKV container support. only the ones the 3DS works with. at worst, it will not play them.

same goes with MP4. it is a container so it is up to you to make sure the video and audio are of a supported format for the device you are playing it back on.

You know that we cannot access 3DS executables sourcecodes right?
It's like you want to have an Unreal 98 porting to 3DS without having its src only because 3DS could technically support it for its hardware... it makes no sense.

The only "native" video decoder we can access is MVD service which is New3DS only and is not completely RE (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/MVD_Services).

Reactions: SLiV3R

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hum i dont know if it would be a good idea..but i'd love to see a download manager in Sunshell!..not necessarely a torrent client..but just a manager a bit like IDM.. or atleast integrated into an internet browser :P ...you could even push a litttle bit further and add the convertion tool integrated in it, so that if we load mp4 flv etc, it would convert them ''on the go'' ..
just saying :bow:

Reactions: I pwned U!

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to make a hex editor module? There are a couple editors that are open source, but I dont know how difficult it would be to incorporate them, nor the capabilities of each of them. Still, having a hex editor would be greatly appreciated.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to make a hex editor module? There are a couple editors that are open source, but I dont know how difficult it would be to incorporate them, nor the capabilities of each of them. Still, having a hex editor would be greatly appreciated.

good idea! and i think it could be possible, i mean, there's already a text editor in the 3ds..so i guess a hex editor could be easyly ported (well, easy for Rinnegatamante :P he/she seems on fire lately!..) or maybe not..dont know..but for sure it would be nice!:yaynds:

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

ORGANIZ3D itself provides an Hex Viewer.
Adapting it for an HEX Editor could be not very hard but a lot time consumpting so it's not one of my first goals.
final_hex.png

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool!..an hex editor is not something really ''rushing'' in my opinion, but its nice to know that its a future possibility :creep:

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ORGANIZ3D itself provides an Hex Viewer.
Adapting it for an HEX Editor could be not very hard but a lot time consumpting so it's not one of my first goals.
final_hex.png
I see. I guess in the mean time I'll just have to use my computer. I look forward to everything else you'll be bringing to the scene in the future.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Hex Editing sounds a terrible hassle for the user having to cope with the 3DS's limited resolution......

Anyway awesome work there. :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think decoding an x.263 mp4 video stream could be done on two cores of the N3DS, while one core decodes .ac3 or .mp3 audio, leaving the 4th core of the CPU free for extra headroom. That would be a smart way to decode a smooth-running video on the N3ds, but I can understand the regular dual-core 3DS would be a bit more difficult. Are you even able to assign different threads on the 3DS homebrew?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is awesome, I hope we'll be able to launch this via a kernel access exploit soon and if so you should also add your region free loader to it, if we can launch .cia/3dsx at the same time using a kernel access exploit and that we can launch any cartridge we want the official nintendo UI would be totally useless if not limited compared to Sunshell... (Maybe you should try to work with the guys at KARL?)

Keep up the good work, I think we all want to see how far you'll go with this project :lol:

Also do you plan for mp3 support in your music player and more video format support for the video player? That'd be quite welcome :3

irShell is overrated as pie! I don't know anyone who uses it and it's various builds anymore.

That's mainly because the PSP had a whole bunch of cool plugins, the 3DS hasn't and even if so, having a community made shell is still better in term of what possibilities it offers...

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Idaho said:
This is awesome, I hope we'll be able to launch this via a kernel access exploit soon and if so you should also add your region free loader to it, if we can launch .cia/3dsx at the same time using a kernel access exploit and that we can launch any cartridge we want the official nintendo UI would be totally useless if not limited compared to Sunshell... (Maybe you should try to work with the guys at KARL?)

Keep up the good work, I think we all want to see how far you'll go with this project :lol:

i'm thinking the same thing!..it would be extremely nice!:toot:

striderVM: the meaning of having an HexEditor on the 3ds isnt for using everyday, but only to ''depanne'' in case you need to make a quick test or quick editing..could really be usefull ^_^

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I think decoding an x.263 mp4 video stream could be done on two cores of the N3DS, while one core decodes .ac3 or .mp3 audio, leaving the 4th core of the CPU free for extra headroom. That would be a smart way to decode a smooth-running video on the N3ds, but I can understand the regular dual-core 3DS would be a bit more difficult. Are you even able to assign different threads on the 3DS homebrew?

Yes, we can start different threads like blargSnes does for SPC thread.

Also do you plan for mp3 support in your music player and more video format support for the video player? That'd be quite welcome :3

That's mainly because the PSP had a whole bunch of cool plugins, the 3DS hasn't and even if so, having a community made shell is still better in term of what possibilities it offers...

I'm planning to add other format support in the future

Reactions: Idaho

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
great work!! god i wish i could know the things you are trying/adding while its not release :P like: did you try widgets? did you try a round clock instead of numbers? what else did you try? what state is it now?...pm me the progress if you want!..i know i know..its not of my bizness i need to be patient but honestly i loooove your Sunshell and i'd love to know everything's going on about it!..i already made some custom icons for it and for the battery icons..oh and btw, is it something possible to add pourcentage (%) on the battery instead of bars? i always wanted BigN to make this for the wiiu's gamepad and the 3ds..maybe in your shell its possible? ..

EDIT: oh and if you also think it would be a good idea, you should put the ''time'' (..clock, if its digital..) under or on top of the calendar..or even make all in 1 piece, a calendar with the clock included on top :P
anyway, keep up the great work and i cant wait to see the final result of the first official release! :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-