[RELEASE] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns Hamtaro Restoration Patch

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ubergeek77, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ubergeek77
    OP

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Hey guys! I just wanted to share with everyone my Hamtaro restoration patch for Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns.

Screenshots!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I've already posted this on the Story of Seasons subreddit, and had to work with the mods there to make extra sure no copyright-related rules were broken. It should be safe to link that here (you should totally read it):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/storyofsea...lease_story_of_seasons_trio_of_towns_hamtaro/

I think everyone here pretty much knows the drill on how to use patches like this, but just in case, I went into some detail in the post I linked above, and I include a Readme with the patch.

I can't attach it to this post, so here's a download link: https://mega.nz/#!vEh32J7b!fsBlLQgTPhK8h3-ZYyIYHIGEawcNVtPxaabw0yn8tGA

Quick note: While almost all of the Hamtaro-related text has already been translated by the localization team and included in the US release (just locked out), there's some flavor text that's still missing. If you encounter that text in the game, the text will display a bunch of periods "........." It isn't game-breaking, and your game will continue to function as normal. It's not a lot of text either, and I'm currently looking for a Japanese-to-English translator for that missing text. I've already reached out to someone, but haven't heard back yet. If you're fluent in Japanese and English, please get in touch with me! Once I have translations for those, I'll add them to the patch and update the download links.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Have fun!

2. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    Can you upload that Japanese text and link to it here?

ubergeek77 likes this.
  3. leanderson2006

leanderson2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2012
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro

@ubergeek77 Hello how active the hamtaro event? I already applied the patch but I do not know how to activate the pet hamtaro

4. ReiKeima

ReiKeima Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    United States
    Summer 25 or later, after meeting Witchie. Walk from South Westown to North Westown to trigger the cutscene "Kushi-Kushi... Heke?". After the cutscene, you'll be able to get him from the Westown Animal Shop if you have a spare pet house on your farm.

Birdon and leanderson2006 like this.
  5. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    can we patch the cia?

6. ReiKeima

ReiKeima Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    United States
    Take the files from inside the SOS2_US_Hamtaro.zip archive created from this tool and drop them into the extracted romfs of the English version, then repack the romfs and the cia (Asia81's tool does both of these in the same step with "CR").

Something whatever likes this.
  7. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    Thanks mate

8. leanderson2006

leanderson2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2012
    Brazil
    Do you have an hour and a day to activate? Because I did this yesterday, but did not activate the event I have the file SOS2_US_Hamtaro.zip and the DecryptedRomFS_US_PATCHED.bin and substribui by DecryptedRomFS.bin to pack the cia that is why it does not activate?

9. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Not fluent in Japanese but I can help translate.

ubergeek77 likes this.
  10. ubergeek77
    OP

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for the interest guys! I actually had that Japanese translator get back with me on translating the text (almost immediately after I posted this, actually), BUT I only gave him the short list, per se. It doesn't look like the game even loads the extra text I didn't give him, but I'm not 100% on it since the code is somewhat confusing and I can't see what's going on in code.bin.

If there's more missing text, I'll definitely be getting in touch with both of you to work out some more translations :)

If your game even loads after the patch, and doesn't crash, don't worry, the patch is activated. As far as I can see, for the first cutscene, the game only checks to see if you've met Brad, Witchie, Dessie, and that you have unlocked the ability to own pets.

If you're still having trouble, try saving your game and sleeping until the next day, and walk around the town for a bit. If you still don't see it, get back with me and give me some information about your save file, what day it is, your progress, what you have unlocked, and etc. I may be able to figure out why it isn't loading for you.

11. leanderson2006

leanderson2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks for the great patch, I got it to work. It was my mistake to build the Cia. Thank you for supporting my doubts.

ubergeek77 likes this.
  12. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Wow I had no idea Japan got content like this already. This is the first I've heard about this new until now. Thank you for patching it back into the game.

13. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    Whoa! :D
    Thanks for the awesome patch. :D

14. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    xdelta is not Working in my Windows 7 32bit.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This version of E:\00-Proyecto\Hamtaro\xdelta3-3.1.0-x86_64.exe is not compatibl
    e with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system infor
    mation to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the pro
    gram, and then contact the software publisher.

15. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Solved! I download other xdelta called xdelta3-3.1.0-i686

Last edited by Xmortal, Apr 4, 2017
  16. Wildheart970

Wildheart970 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    United States
    Er, if you still need help I do know Japanese, I'm not fluent, but if you can send me the text I can translate

17. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    Is anyone planning on looking into a patch for the european version? I'm curious if the parts that are already translated were also translated in other languages :)

18. RarePupper

RarePupper Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    United States
    There's a compatibility issue with the new update. Entering my house causes a black screen and there's also crashing.

19. leanderson2006

leanderson2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2012
    Brazil
    Is there a patch for EUR version of the game?

20. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Oh wow, I didn't know Hamtaro was in this game. I guess they removed it due to licensing issues...? That's really lame though.