Homebrew [RELEASE] SOON!2 (Super cOOl iNstaller! 2) - A new super cool CIA installer

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm installing ACNL which is only 800mb and it's been on the installing page for 15 minutes. Is it safe to just hard reset and try again?

Edit: As soon as I posted, it completed. Nevermind! Haha

Last edited by SkittleDash,

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@richardparker
If the error says "soon2/hws" instead of "soon2/hwc" there is probably something wrong with the SOON2.cia or SOON2.3ds file you are using, it could be corrupted. Please, re-install it (or re-paste it if using .3ds).

If the error says "soon2/hwc" then you do not pasted the "SOON2" folder in your SD Card. Paste it in your 3DS' SD Card.

@ZeuS_br
Progress bar version it's coming soon. I already posted a video about it.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@richardparker
If the error says "soon2/hws" instead of "soon2/hwc" there is probably something wrong with the SOON2.cia or SOON2.3ds file you are using, it could be corrupted. Please, re-install it (or re-paste it if using .3ds).

If the error says "soon2/hwc" then you do not pasted the "SOON2" folder in your SD Card. Paste it in your 3DS' SD Card.

@ZeuS_br
Progress bar version it's coming soon. I already posted a video about it.
oh got it it's now working thanks!!

luxandark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
084.png

Reactions: Traiver and mungry

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I guess you ask why the mechandising.
Well, SOON!2 server costs 16 euros for 3 months.
SOON!2 it's a free software. Using just the coinurl links we only have obtained 0,03912 USD (yeah, only that). No donations have been made so far.
We need a way to keep SOON!2 servers online.
SOON!2 server host the art files for updates, the application and also will host homebrew for direct download in a future using a in development software ("Homebrews are coming SOON!").

SOON!2 servers reached the free broadband limit in less than 1 hour when the application was launched. We needed to upgrade it to premium using our own money.

If people do not wanna donate, they can also buy some stuff, so they can obtain something back for helping SOON!.

Reactions: dmc310

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this project will die fast then. I don't understand why you have made such a big CIA installer (art boxes, etc.) that is linked to a server when it can made offline, too, so DevMenu, the newest FBI 2.0.5 and BigBlueMenu are better here.

Megahelmet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using SOON2 now for about a month. I gotta say, this is my favorite installer by far. Speed is great, and my favorite feature is the uninstaller. Quickly identifying what I want to uninstall is amazing.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using SOON2 now for about a month. I gotta say, this is my favorite installer by far. Speed is great, and my favorite feature is the uninstaller. Quickly identifying what I want to uninstall is amazing.
SOON!2's uninstaller is the one function I never use. System settings uninstalls much easier and does allow you to backup your savedata.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need some way to combine this UI and noob-proofiness, with the CDN downloading of CIAngel! And maybe even allow getting the keys needed straight from the title key site.

About the hosting issue... why not use a free host like x10? (as a backup at least)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: