Homebrew [RELEASE] SocketPunch - GUI Alternative to FBI's SockFile

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've playing around with socketpunch and I have modified it to display the name of the file that is currently sending through the network (normal version only displays the file size). If anyone want that version, just let me know and I can upload it right away.
That actually sounds pretty nifty, way to customize it for your own usage!

The one ability I personally find the socketpunch client lacking is a refresh feature for the computer cia directory, as I'm constantly having to relaunch the program any time I move a new cia in I want to transfer.

Reactions: NightsOwl

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made a mod of @Joshtech's Socket Punch.

It's more of a GUI mod, because the functionality is basically the same. It uses a kind of Material Design, and it now supports Drag & Drop files, and opening them from other folders. Make sure you have the latest Java version.

It uses the same code for transfers as Joshtech's latest version.

I tested it with @wjchen 's compiled build of FBI, it works great with it.

@Joshtech Socket Punch mod v0.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzu4wt97fkkt3jd/SocketPunchMod-v0.1.rar?dl=0
@wjchen FBI build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0mbec3zuwj9t4f/FBI-chen-fix4.cia?dl=0

Thanks @Joshtech for your amazing work! And thanks @wjchen for compiling the new FBI build with the misaligned issue fixed!

Last edited by Olmectron,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's more of a GUI mod, because the functionality is basically the same. It uses a kind of Material Design, and it now supports Drag & Drop files, and opening them from other folders. Make sure you have the latest Java version.

@Joshtech Socket Punch mod v0.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzu4wt97fkkt3jd/SocketPunchMod-v0.1.rar?dl=0
@wjchen FBI build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0mbec3zuwj9t4f/FBI-chen-fix4.cia?dl=0

Thanks @Joshtech for your amazing work! And thanks @wjchen for compiling the new FBI build with the misaligned issue fixed!
Your version doesn't seem to like OpenJDK on Mint. I haven't tried out the Oracle version of java, I'd have to install it to try it out.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, that would explain it. OpenJDK 8 for Ubuntu/Mint hasn't been added to the repository I use, yet. I could just switch over to Oracle. I probably should, I've just been too lazy to.
I'm sorry it doesn't work for you right now. I hope it isn't that hard to switch to Oracle's distribution. I used to have Mint as my main OS, but that was some time ago (since Maya distro).

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry it doesn't work for you right now. I hope it isn't that hard to switch to Oracle's distribution. I used to have Mint as my main OS, but that was some time ago (since Maya distro).
Nah, just add webuptd8's repository and run their installer. They have a script that conveniently sets it up from the source. It was just pure laziness on my part, no worries.

Reactions: Olmectron

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
I've playing around with socketpunch and I have modified it to display the name of the file that is currently sending through the network (normal version only displays the file size). If anyone want that version, just let me know and I can upload it right away.

Also, I've been trying different values on the buffer size config, so far, the fastest one is "1024", anyone has tried some other values or have more data to compare diff values to determine which one is the best one?

I'm using the modified version of FBI and so far, I have no issues with network installations! :)

I also tried:
128 (default)
1024 <--- bests results, I remember that I read somewhere about a 3ds network restriction around the 1Mb... (???)
2048 - Fast, logs are refreshed every few seconds
32768 - Fast, logs are refreshed twice a minute, more or less (when the buffer is cleared/loaded, I guess)

How do you change the buffer size in FBI to match SocketPunch?

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i tried a lot of time with this but i get a error "Misaligned Size (0x3f2)"
i tried with 10 cias, i can install this cias with FBI (with the cias on the SD) but i can't install them over the net.... help

foroweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i tried a lot of time with this but i get a error "Misaligned Size (0x3f2)"
i tried with 10 cias, i can install this cias with FBI (with the cias on the SD) but i can't install them over the net.... help

Hi @Diego788, use this:

Both really works, download from the links, inject again FBI from @wjchen into your emuNand, and that's it.

I use them, and are very good, install all CIA one by one, very important disable prompts and works fine

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the tool is already working flawlessly on me, any improvement i hope is on the fbi app side, if it's possible, the fbi to be modded to the point it's only act as the client (start fbi, and it's already on wireless installation mode and prompt disabled on default)
i don't really care about other fbi features, other cia managers do it better than fbi anyway...

Deleted member 341450

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys! First, i love this Socket Punch :3, install many things here BUUUT...
I'm triyng install Bravely Default for days and nothing! D:
SocketPunch= error in random %
Nasa= Freeze
I try use Olmectron's programs, and nothing...(error in random % too)

There is a way to solve this?

Thanks!

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! First, i love this Socket Punch :3, install many things here BUUUT...
I'm triyng install Bravely Default for days and nothing! D:
SocketPunch= error in random %
Nasa= Freeze
I try use Olmectron's programs, and nothing...(error in random % too)

There is a way to solve this?

Thanks!
Hey there, bud. I've got just the fix you're lookin' for.

Download and install this version of FBI. It fixes the issue with large games failing half way through.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0mbec3zuwj9t4f/FBI-chen-fix4.cia?dl=0

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It works great thank you joshtech for the socketpunch also thank you wjchen for the FBImod, both of you save my poor installing time haha

And wait, i've been wondering, could you guys do the installation with offline wifi ?
If so please do tell me how?, cause i've tried it several times with other routers, but FBI always says WiFi: Disconected. :/
It's different when i connected it online tho

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works great thank you joshtech for the socketpunch also thank you wjchen for the FBImod, both of you save my poor installing time haha

And wait, i've been wondering, could you guys do the installation with offline wifi ?
If so please do tell me how?, cause i've tried it several times with other routers, but FBI always says WiFi: Disconected. :/
It's different when i connected it online tho
The 3DS refuses to stay connected to wifi without an internet connection. We'd either need to modify the check on the EmuNAND or spoof the response it expects. Either way, I don't think anyone has done that yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0