Status
Not open for further replies.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You seem to not to have a way to boot an arm9payload other than arm9loaderhax, which has nand access broken... Perhaps you can find already decrypted firmwares somewhere ;)

So... Found a firmware.bin for rxtools 3.0. Put it in almost every folder.
Still a black screen with a9lh version.
I tried with 5ac8aa3, last standard version on lavanoid. It worked in 9.2. Tried copying the data suite to rxtools with a9lh.
Still a black screen.

I give up for tonight. Maybe I didn't compile it right. Let's wait a bit. I'll try tomorrow again.

Thanx for the patience, though.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
So... Found a firmware.bin for rxtools 3.0. Put it in almost every folder.
Still a black screen with a9lh version.
I tried with 5ac8aa3, last standard version on lavanoid. It worked in 9.2. Tried copying the data suite to rxtools with a9lh.
Still a black screen.

I give up for tonight. Maybe I didn't compile it right. Let's wait a bit. I'll try tomorrow again.

Thanx for the patience, though.
Firmware.bin is for older builds.. Also it should show an error if firmware files are missing, not a black screen. So probably RX isn't booting at all..

Reactions: MelonGx

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do anyone know how to enter debug menu etc. on the latest nightly? I just get up Sysnand, Emunand and Pasta mode options.

EDIT: seems like they removed it when I check the official Github. Oh well, I guess I can use Decrypt9 WIP

Last edited by linuxares,

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
I'm back. :)

I updated rxTools to answer @AlbertoSONIC's requests.

rxtools: Add init · 173210/rxTools@10512d0
https://github.com/173210/rxTools/commit/10512d0e68f99157995873e54596c53ca0c4c06a
rxtools: Add init

init is an alternative for bigpayload in CakeHax and
can be an entry point for delebile's arm9loaderhax.

So probably arm9loaderhax is coming soon(TM)

By the way, @AlbertoSONIC made a huge cleanup, removing many features.

I'm really glad to see this hadouken got removed.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...olkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/page-457#post-5616970

However, I don't think removing other features which are still useful is good. The messed code base actually needs cleaned up. But the number of features shouldn't matter unless they are independent of each other. I appreciated the unified UI for various tools. It was much easier than Decrypt9 + rxTools.

* "soon" is a trademark of PASTA team

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did prefer rxTools unified tools rather than using Decrypt9. Plus rxTools explained what each function did.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I did prefer rxTools unified tools rather than using Decrypt9. Plus rxTools explained what each function did.
They're RIPed.
Feel free to bury them out from nightly server though.

BTW, FAT16 XORPAD generator is dead on N3DS 10.6 supported nightlies.
If you want that function, please use versions earlier than Dec.06 2015.

Last edited by MelonGx,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@linuxares

Do you know how to compile a specific previous version of rxTools?
If you know that, try compiling bfb558d.
This is the last version with both N3DS 3D fix & all tools.

BTW, the last version GENERATE FAT16 XORPAD working is 12-05-2015.

@173210

The N3DS 3D fix seems to be not so stable for me.
I pushed the 3D slider, the screen turned blur about 1/2 secs, then focused correctly.
CakesFW doesn't have this issue.

Last edited by MelonGx,

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone compiled 012a9c2? Also, what's wrong with lavanoid? Why can't it do its job properly? It needs days to fix those errors? Remove the horrible music while you're at it.

It's some PHP errors, that means the code is not parsed. Could be a server issue or just a missed PHP tag... Just wait for fixes, it shouldn't take too long (and the button to download the latest nightly is working).

"Horrible music" ?!

Ains09

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So rxtools.net is down and i cant find another mirror to launch the exploit is there another way to run the browser exploit or install the mset exploit for rxtools without a r4 cartridge in an old 3ds 4.2 usa?

btw im using rxtools 2.6

and also is it possible now to launch dsiware and gba on rxtools without installing them on the sysnand first? sorry for being nooby i havent checked the 3ds scene in like 2 years

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Nightlies by me have stopped for a while. My VPS provider had messed everything up on the server and I no longer have an internet connection at home, so I am unable to fix it at the moment. Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there an alternative source for ready-built nightlies? the lavanoid page sucks as always.
Cheaky sod. It doesnt suck, its f***ed thanks to my VPS provider.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there an alternative source for ready-built nightlies? the lavanoid page sucks as always.
Impossible... it can't suck if it doesn't even exist anymore... except for this message:
I have cancelled the production of rxTools nightlies as I am fed up of fixing the VPS all the time.

My providers node fucked up and my VPS went along with it. I have suffered data loss more than 3 times now and I've had enough of it.

The admin supposedly restored a "backup" but it was dodgy.. PHP is FUCKED and so is cronjobs.

You have no idea how much time I have spent on this project and yet it always goes to waste thanks to some bullshit.

Want rxTools? Build it yourself, rely on someone else or wait for a proper release (I know, been ages hasnt it?). There are alternative utilities anyway.

CYA!
Blame his provider XD

Anyway, new builds soon™

Last edited by nastys,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Derp. Guess I didn't have the rxTools compatible one on my sysnand :P (sd management)

after using hblauncher_loader+CtrBootManager to launch rxTools and redo the data installation suite, I am able to boot sysnand and emunand with a9lh. Just data installation suite is broken through a9lh (as well as pasta mode).

Last edited by urherenow,

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
1 - how can i see what version of RxTools do i have

2 - How can i update RxTools

3 - ive tried to inject FBI into my sysnand home and health, and ended up with dissapearing home and health. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee